Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would kind of defeat the point of setting it era-specific to not use their era-specific costumes in my opinion.

It might be dated, but it keeps getting brought back....
    Yes, but there’s also a reason they keep getting modernized and especially in video games where they’re trying to appeal to broader audiences. The classic underpants-on-the-outside-of-the-pants look is just very dated. So they could update them in story, starting out with the old suits and updating them in the first few issues. Something like that. Again, just my preference.

LOL. I know I initially said the X-Office would be just fine without Hickman, but I’m prepared to at least consider that I might have been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes, but there’s also a reason they keep getting modernized and especially in video games where they’re trying to appeal to broader audiences. The classic underpants-on-the-outside-of-the-pants look is just very dated. So they could update them in story, starting out with the old suits and updating them in the first few issues. Something like that. Again, just my preference.
    It depends how you execute it in my opinion. That Fleisher Superman suit on Superman and Lois was on-fire.

Although personally I'm also fine with modern costumes. Provided they look good.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Hope we get some updated 90s costumes. At least lose the underwear-over-the-pants look for Cyclops and Logan. That look is very dated. Just give them pants.
    Kinda defeats the point of doing a 90s mini if it removes the 90s elements

*clears throat* BanshEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! This is gon be good. At the least fun i think. If there is going to be "Au" i think it makes more sense for it to be like more cartoon AU, or reader friendly versions of the characters like i still think that avenger run with Cap, Storm, Thor was a really fun book as opposed to new takes on the same characters just for the sake of not changing things.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-14-2022 at 04:03 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Hope we get some updated 90s costumes. At least lose the underwear-over-the-pants look for Cyclops and Logan. That look is very dated. Just give them pants.
    The classics never really go out of style.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    If this had been titled X-Men'97, I think I would have just died!
    They probably did not use "'97" because they could put out a comic based on the '97 animation series.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

At this point, why the heck not ... sure, I'll bite.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

I bet this upcoming comic is a parody of House of X with a dash of X-Men '92.

The writer of this House of X in X-Men '92 style is Steve Foxe, he's the one who wrote 'Spider-Ham: Great Power, No Responsibility'.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 01-14-2022 at 04:46 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

That'd make sense, because the more I think about it besides costumes there's...not a ton that would change by being in the 90s

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

This just shows how much they didn't want to continue Hickman's vision. They're really in love with this concept, to the point they're literally redoing in with the 90s animation style.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    LOL. I know I initially said the X-Office would be just fine without Hickman, but I’m prepared to at least consider that I might have been wrong.
    I mean look what they were doing before Hickman. Now the voted Hickman out after he brought the franchise back to relevance. This just tells me that they're going to milk the hell out of this concept.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I mean look what they were doing before Hickman. Now the voted Hickman out after he brought the franchise back to relevance. This just tells me that they're going to milk the hell out of this concept.
    Yeah lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Yeah milking his concept on top of nostalgia.As soon as he left we got Wolverine headlining a main event as well

Gillen is giving me hope but he's not really leading the X line

On another note we should have gotten mini's/one-shots of all of Moira's previous lives akin to this.Would be fascinating alt. stories which also play a part in canon, best of both worlds

Spectacular Member

If you don't like the 92 universe then don't buy it. I like some of the ideas the 92 universe ran with so I'm in and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The classics never really go out of style.
    Yes, yes… of course…