Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    It didn't even follow on from how the animated series ended so right from the start I went into this knowing it was going to be different. It still had the characters and uniforms from the 90's but this was certainly going to be it's own thing. The very 1st issue with those over the top big guns, one liners or deleted speech bubbles were just a few of the reasons why I really liked it. Was it goofy and silly? Absolutely. but I loved it. I would love to know what you found campy about this? I suppose it depends on how you and I would define campy.
    I can remember fans being sold on the idea that Claremont was coming back to continue his iconic run and finally tell the story he had planned. That's not what the fans got but I personally enjoyed it having read it years later. I was reading the characters I love in a style of writing I grew up on and it didn't matter what he was doing with these characters because in my opinion he had earned the right to do what he wanted. His writing might not be for everyone but you can tell he really cares and loves these characters through his writing and X-Men Forever was just it's own thing in it's own universe........... Doesn't effect the 616 universe in any way.
    I think the OOC gets used quite a bit on this forum so it's lucky for us this isn't the 616 universe if you found anything OOC.............. Although I do find it hard to believe anyone in this 92 universe can be OOC when these 18 issues are all we have to go on.
    You found the X-Factor characters to be different to the comic???? If anything the same characters in the same uniforms had a whole issue trying to get a mayo jar open in the 616 universe. Some might find the issue funny and others might not but I loved the humour in that issue just like I love the humour in this series.
    You find the “sanitized” white uniforms ridiculous yet I find Chuck and Nova fighting it out in womb ridiculous.... That is now canon to the 616 universe.
    I don't want to turn this into a rant about Morrison but his vision completely turned me off the X-Men for 19 years after years and tears of being invested in the lives of these characters. If you don't like the 92 universe then that's fine because you have given reasons why you don't like it. I love it and the fact it shows that you really don't have to do a ridiculous Cassandra Nova origin is just an added bonus for me.
    Oh I was much more angry with “X-Men Forever” than I was “X-Men ‘92”. I think you are mistaking me for someone who hated “‘92” and I definitely did not. But what I wanted “X-Men ‘92” was virtually what the first five issues of “X-Men Forever” gave us to a certain degree. Once Claremont stupidly decided to take the X-Men out of their iconic uniforms after the 5th issue, it was all over. But even before that, with Wolverine being killed by Storm after Shadowcat stole one of his claws and Charles told them that they were essentially dying and doomed from mutant cancer, just killed the book. Afterwards, the incompetent X-Men faced more tragedy and twists than anyone could. I saw that book as “How to disgrace and destroy the X-Men in record time: 101”. I don’t believe for one second that what Claremont did to the X-Men in “X-Men Forever” was truly where he would have taken them had he never left. It read much more like bad fan fiction.

And no I didn’t have any problems with “X-Factor” being heavy on the jokes because I didn’t have a cartoon series based on them that was way more serious than the the ones I was used to from the books, so I took the 90s X-Factor” how they were in the books.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I don’t believe for one second that what Claremont did to the X-Men in “X-Men Forever” was truly where he would have taken them had he never left. It read much more like bad fan fiction.
    Sadly, I think every X-Men thing CC has written since 1991 reads like fan fiction. I dunno if it's just him being stuck in an old fashioned style or what, but he just can't come up with anything fresh anymore and he used to do it on a monthly basis for 16 years.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Sadly, I think every X-Men thing CC has written since 1991 reads like fan fiction. I dunno if it's just him being stuck in an old fashioned style or what, but he just can't come up with anything fresh anymore and he used to do it on a monthly basis for 16 years.
    I agree. It was interesting and he does have a distinct way of telling stories, but man I just felt like he kept going for “shock value” tactics instead and he just kept messing them up even more than they already were in the current comics at the time. I was initially super excited when that book was announced, as it was even closer to what I was hoping for from “X-Men ‘92”, but it didn’t take long for its massive flaws to start appearing.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Spectacular Member

Oh I was much more angry with “X-Men Forever” than I was “X-Men ‘92”. I think you are mistaking me for someone who hated “‘92” and I definitely did not. But what I wanted “X-Men ‘92” was virtually what the first five issues of “X-Men Forever” gave us to a certain degree. Once Claremont stupidly decided to take the X-Men out of their iconic uniforms after the 5th issue, it was all over. But even before that, with Wolverine being killed by Storm after Shadowcat stole one of his claws and Charles told them that they were essentially dying and doomed from mutant cancer, just killed the book. Afterwards, the incompetent X-Men faced more tragedy and twists than anyone could. I saw that book as “How to disgrace and destroy the X-Men in record time: 101”. I don’t believe for one second that what Claremont did to the X-Men in “X-Men Forever” was truly where he would have taken them had he never left. It read much more like bad fan fiction.

And no I didn’t have any problems with “X-Factor” being heavy on the jokes because I didn’t have a cartoon series based on them that was way more serious than the the ones I was used to from the books, so I took the 90s X-Factor” how they were in the books.
    I would pick XMF over this Krakoa era every day of the week and I would even go out my way to buy it. This new era seems like one big mutant story that includes characters I don't even care for.
    For me Claremont's X-Men is the X-Men no matter what universe it is set in and it doesn't even come close to the bad fan fiction that I consider Morrison's run to be.
    When it comes to fan fiction, X-Men Elsewhen gets prioty reading over the Krakoa era.......... Still haven't got past X Of Swords on Marvel Unlimited.
    I can't remember the exact issue but during the X-Cutioner's Song crossover one of the X-Factor issues really pokes fun at the plot and even Fatal Attractions had the usual humour in the X-Factor parts of the crossover.

The new comics I do read are...

Dark Ages
    X-Men Legends
    X-Men Elsewhen

Future titles

House Of X 92
    Gambit(claremont)

Spectacular Member

I agree. It was interesting and he does have a distinct way of telling stories, but man I just felt like he kept going for “shock value” tactics instead and he just kept messing them up even more than they already were in the current comics at the time. I was initially super excited when that book was announced, as it was even closer to what I was hoping for from “X-Men ‘92”, but it didn’t take long for its massive flaws to start appearing.
    When I stopped reading the X-Men it was because for they didn't feel like the X-Men anymore. Morrison's run didn't help but I would say my interest in the X-Men started to decline after AOA. HoXPoX got me back into the franchise but Dawn Of X just wasn't for me.
    The question is.... Would you buy a X-Men Forever Volume 3 if one came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    When I stopped reading the X-Men it was because for they didn't feel like the X-Men anymore. Morrison's run didn't help but I would say my interest in the X-Men started to decline after AOA. HoXPoX got me back into the franchise but Dawn Of X just wasn't for me.
    The question is.... Would you buy a X-Men Forever Volume 3 if one came out?
    Not unless it was a totally new do-over. Most good characters were either dead or making decisions that were detrimental to the book as a whole. If they tried it again (and this time not trying to make them unrecognizable).

Spectacular Member

Not unless it was a totally new do-over. Most good characters were either dead or making decisions that were detrimental to the book as a whole. If they tried it again (and this time not trying to make them unrecognizable).
    Claremont didn't create the X-Men but he made them what they are today and I can't stress that point enough. If he decides he wants to take these characters in a certain direction then I'm all in for the ride. Even when we go back to his iconic run there is a major change to characters and roster throughout the run. His unique writing style can be found in any of his runs and that is what makes HIS stuff canon to me. I can pick up any issue and the character he is writing feels like the character I got invested in. His writing might not be for everyone but I can honestly say there isn't an X-Men story he's done that I haven't enjoyed in some way because I know he cares about these characters. Personally, I would love a series that fills in the gaps between all his runs but that's never gonna happen.
    Modern day X-Men is just one large mutant story now and that's fine for people who like it but It certainly isn't the X-Men I grew up reading.

The cover to issue #2! It does my heart good to see nearly everyone together in the way I loved them most (Jubilee must’ve still been at the Mall though). I really hope that this book performs well enough to launch a full on-going series.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 02-18-2022 at 06:35 AM.

The cover to issue #2! It does my heart to see nearly everyone together in the way I loved them most (Jubilee must’ve still been at the Mall though). I really hope that this book performs well enough to launch a full on-going series.
    As long as Kitty Pryde stays DaFuq away from the series.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    As long as Kitty Pryde stays DaFuq away from the series.
    Are you not a fan of Kitty/Shadowcat? I don’t really have a horse in the race regardless, though I always did think it was weird that she never appeared in the Animated Series.

Are you not a fan of Kitty/Shadowcat? I don’t really have a horse in the race regardless, though I always did think it was weird that she never appeared in the Animated Series.
    I've heard her lack of appearances was due to the previous X-men project Pryde of the X-men (you know, the one with the Australian Wolverine) tanking. Because it didn't do well, the execs banned Kitty from appearing.

Scott Williams shared his cover for X-MEN ‘92: HOUSE OF XCII #1, which drops on 4/6/22:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Noooot really. One of the very first comic i read Was a TPB that included the Annual where the NM in the Mojoverse and a the X-men annual with the X-Men were deaged and i didnt like her attitude towards thems lol And i think XM:TAS is a lil to blame since jubilee was one of my fave and was annoyed when i found out she wasnt the first 'Wolvy sidekick' Since i read GenX I'm a fan Emma frost and didnt like her attitude towards her in Astonishing but also i just think shes Duuuull in personality appearance and power usage. She was fine in excalibur i read marauders HOPING shell do something of interest to me but....
    i did like her in Gen NeXt tho and her death in the AoA was sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I've heard her lack of appearances was due to the previous X-men project Pryde of the X-men (you know, the one with the Australian Wolverine) tanking. Because it didn't do well, the execs banned Kitty from appearing.
    I pray to the gay devil the ban is still in effect
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Scott Williams shared his cover for X-MEN ‘92: HOUSE OF XCII #1, which drops on 4/6/22:

i love Storm and Rogue walking outta that teleportation ring(?) like the bad bitches they are
    GrindrStone(D)

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Loving these covers… but extremely confused as to why Jubilee is lacking from ALL of them. Even the solicits to Knights of X feature her son Shogo in dragon form… but she is completely missing with no explanation. Is Marvel doing something with her that is top secret? Completely sidelining her? To be missing from both X-Men ‘92 AND covers ones with her son is just perplexing.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    i love Storm and Rogue walking outta that teleportation ring(?) like the bad bitches they are
    Hey! Remy's there too...