Astonishing Member

Default Which DC stories would you like to see adapted or reflected in the new DCEU?

A lot of discussion about which people are in or out in front of or behind the camera, but not enough about the stories they'll be telling!

What are some specific DC stories, moments or events you would like to see make it to the new DCEU (or are we just calling it the DCU?)

Here's my wishlist:

DC: The New Frontier: I think it could be a great inspiration for the next JL movie, especially if its an origin. Not really the overarching story, but more some of the themes and ideas, like superheroes being distrusted by the government, J'onn J'onzz's journey, or the character arc that Batman goes through.

JLA: New World Order: I think this should be the primary source material for the next JL movie, maybe alongside the JL pilot episodes (which I feel were inspired by this story anyway).

Superman and the Men of Steel: The first part of Morrison's Action Comics arc already feels like it might be inspiration for the upcoming Superman reboot Gunn is writing.

American Alien: Another story which could be a great source of inspiration for the upcoming Superman reboot.

The Longbow Hunters: If Green Arrow makes it to the DCEU, then I want this story, and Mike Grell's work, to be a heavy influence at least tonally if nothing else.

The Return of Barry Allen: My preference is for Wally West to be the cinematic Flash moving forward, and this story would also be a great way to address Barry Allen and his legacy too, as well as introduce Eobard Thawne to the DCEU.

Wonder Woman: Down to Earth: Could serve as good source material for Wonder Woman 3 or a Wonder Woman reboot, whatever moves ahead first - establishing Diana as the Amazon ambassador in the present-day, going up against Veronica Cale.

Superman: Brainiac: I definitely want the rebooted Superman to go up against Brainiac, either in his first film or the sequel.

JLA: Earth 2: I think at some point it'd be great to see the Justice League clash with the CSA. Since there's so much talk about the Multiverse these days, this would be a truly phenomenal Multiversal clash.

Superman/Batman: Supergirl: I dunno if Batman needs to be involved, but this story would be as good a way as any to introduce Supergirl to the DCEU at some point.

What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?: I'd love to see this adapted at some point. Manchester Black is a character it'd be a treat to see on film!

Nightwing: Year One: This depends on how things go in the Reeves/Pattison series, but whenever Batman is introduced to the DCEU, I'd love for us to see Dick's transition from Robin to Nightwing on-screen, especially as a potential lead-in to a Titans film.

The Wild Storm by Warren Ellis and Jon Davis Hunt.

Blood Syndicate from Milestone Comics.

Welcome To Tranquility by Gail Simone and Adrian Syaf.

Sleeper by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips.

DC works better seperate than together. So I rather have stories set outside the DCU. These are few good options.

The Question series by Dennis O'neal could work as tv show and you could do the Matt Reeves take on Batman better with the Question to me. Huntress should pop up as a rival/eventual partner.

Justice League Dark- just let Guillermo Del Toro run wild.

A mix of new 52 Earth 2 and the recent JSA comics by Robinson and Johns respectively. The Infinity Inc characters feel like a good group of POV characters

Far Sector- I like Jo and the cool Sci fi setting.

DC works better separately than together. So I rather have stories set outside the DCU. These are few good options.

Superman would benefit from a take similar to the Action Comics runs by Morrison and Greg Pak respectively. His struggles with Boy Thunder in World's finest could be a fun contrast to the Batfamily.

I got into WW when she was undercover as a Spy for the DEO. Allen Heinsberg and Gail Simone wrote stories for that era. You could retool it around Yara, Donna or Artemis if it's too far for Diana.

Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity had one of my favorite takes on the Joker in a while so I'd take inspiration from it. I'm iffy on its take on Harley but you could do something with it.

Three Jokers feels like it's fits Reeves take. Joker wants to make more people like him and this is literal version of that.

Bruce being married to Selena and raising Helena is a good counterpart to Pattinson's Bruce. Plus I like Helena trying to form the JSA with ex-villians and their kids so I'd bring that over too.

I liked Kami Garcia's take on BB and Raven so I wouldn't mind if that gets used.

I liked the idea of Lemire's Titans Earth One more than the execution. Having Jericho be the Robin stand-in was genius tho. So I wouldn't mind some cues being taken. Lemire's take would work better in a DCU where the League are just starting out.

I liked the early New 52 Supergirl issues. I never clicked with Kara outside of those so I'd lean into towards that take as a starting point. I'd just have Power Girl just be Kara as an adult so there's a stronger foundation for her characterization.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-20-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Tower of Babel or Babel Tower, i can't remember the exact name.