Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Y'know, I've heard that John Byrne based their Lex on Trump, but holy moley....

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Y'know, I've heard that John Byrne based their Lex on Trump, but holy moley....
    I've heard that too. Don't really know if it's true, but oddly enough, Lex also became POTUS, long before Trump did. That's kind of eery.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Most heroic thing ever...Now an afterthought.

Attachment 119337
    Always read about it in Wizard magazine, how this was an iconic moment in DC history. When I first heard about it, I was shocked. What the, the Flash died? Heroes die?! Craziness! However, reading Crisis on Infinite Earths recently, I came to realize the significance of that moment and how amazing a character Barry Allen was.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

This was one of the key moments for when Batman starting to become Batgod, the being that could beat anyone with prep time. And it also showed just how dangerous such a notion could be:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Always read about it in Wizard magazine, how this was an iconic moment in DC history. When I first heard about it, I was shocked. What the, the Flash died? Heroes die?! Craziness! However, reading Crisis on Infinite Earths recently, I came to realize the significance of that moment and how amazing a character Barry Allen was.
    Indeed. Glad Barry's back, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Barry and Supergirl achieved their ultimate forms in COIE. Very heroic and for a time very impactful.

I think the writers' team behind COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS duplicated that with Ted Kord.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Barry and Supergirl achieved their ultimate forms in COIE. Very heroic and for a time very impactful.

I think the writers' team behind COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS duplicated that with Ted Kord.
    I tend to disagree.
    As a huge Barry Allen fan, my reaction upon seeing that scene was, "my hero made the biggest sacrifice possible, dieing to save the whole universe, even if no one will probably know this." As someone who really didn't care much for Supergirl, my reaction was, "Wow! She really went out like a boss, saving the guy that meant everything to her."
    However, as a fan of BB, my reaction was "F**K that!" The guy is considererd a joke by all his peers, dies alone and discredited, shot in the head by someone he believed to be his friend, and effectively failing on all counts and accomplishing nothing whatsoever. I'm sorry, but the only impact that scene had with me is that I still hate it.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I tend to disagree.
    As a huge Barry Allen fan, my reaction upon seeing that scene was, "my hero made the biggest sacrifice possible, dieing to save the whole universe, even if no one will probably know this." As someone who really didn't care much for Supergirl, my reaction was, "Wow! She really went out like a boss, saving the guy that meant everything to her."
    However, as a fan of BB, my reaction was "F**K that!" The guy is considererd a joke by all his peers, dies alone and discredited, shot in the head by someone he believed to be his friend, and effectively failing on all counts and accomplishing nothing whatsoever. I'm sorry, but the only impact that scene had with me is that I still hate it.

Peace

Yeah, I think a good comparison with how Barry and Kara went out might be how Conner Kent died after he saved the universe against prime and luthor
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I tend to disagree.

Peace
    Hey, I too loved the Post Legends era Leagues and feel they were superlative what we have post No Point and Stupid 52. However, I felt Ted's abilities and aptitudes were celebrated here with him being given props even over Batman. His death set into motion events that forced Max's plan to be uncovered ultimately leading to his ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Yeah, I think a good comparison with how Barry and Kara went out might be how Conner Kent died after he saved the universe against prime and luthor
    I can't agree with that because of the crappy execution in IC versus its buildup projects. In fact, IC pretty much was outshone by the leadins and various DC comics from the year prior that set up these great themes and conflicts only to flop boots with Superboy punches, woefully inconsistent power levels/rules, and so much other ickies.

Barrys death saved the multiverse and was/is not a plot device as heroes didn't die when Barry died. Now heroes die all the time and it's a plot device to get sales (Thanks Superman). Barry's had meaning. Supergirl, while meaningful, was not as impactful because she was not a tier 1 character, though that cover freaking rocks.

Got say it, 1950's Saturn Girl is looking pretty cute, if I was in high school back then, I'd be looking to make a time machine that travels to the 31st century.

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-10-2022 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post

Got say it, 1950's Saturn Girl is looking pretty cute, if I was in high school back then, I'd be looking to make a time machine that travels to the 31st century.
    Hahaha, they look so different! But while the Legion really do look like teens, Superboy looks old. Why is Cosmic Boy wearing a helmet?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahaha, they look so different! But while the Legion really do look like teens, Superboy looks old. Why is Cosmic Boy wearing a helmet?
    He's not vaccinated