Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I know Winick's run on Green Arrow gets a lot of grief, but I enjoyed it. For me this is still one of the best displays of Green Arrow's abilities. Love how Deathstroke subtly realizes what has happened to him:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Great scene from Johns' classic run on the Flash and the "Rogue War" storyline. Lots of moments are there, but I loved how the old Trickster put the new Trickster (who really had it coming to him by the way) in his place:

Last edited by Tien Long; 03-27-2022 at 07:09 AM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Wonder Woman vol 5 Annual 4 (2020) by Steve Orlando
    Wonder Woman saves the day with her lasso and the strength of an entire city standing with her.

ww_annual4_p1.jpg
    ww_annual4_p2.jpg
    ww_annual4_p3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I've heard that too. Don't really know if it's true, but oddly enough, Lex also became POTUS, long before Trump did. That's kind of eery.

Peace
    He confirmed as much in a recent interview he did. Although I think attributed Marv Wolfman with originating that idea.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'm right there with you. Need to find out who the other four are.

Peace
    You found one more!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    A favorite scene of mine from Morrison's JLA run. This was the storyline that had all of the fairy tales coming true. Wonder Woman falls under the spell and is Sleeping Beauty. She's a princess who needs to be woken up with a kiss. Fortunately, the team did have a king, Aquaman. Indeed, all kings were once princes no?

This wasn’t Morrison, it was Waid, and it was in his second big arc, Queen of Fables.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Glad Barry's back, though.

I’m kinda sad we didn’t get to see more of Barry before they New 52’d everything. That first arc featuring the Renegades from the 25th century was so good.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m kinda sad we didn’t get to see more of Barry before they New 52’d everything. That first arc featuring the Renegades from the 25th century was so good.
    OMG! Preach it, Shadowcat!! All things considered, Manapul/Johns started out so well.
    Not since the Bates/Infantino run, was I ever this excited for The Flash (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Preach it, Shadowcat!! All things considered, Manapul/Johns started out so well.
    Not since the Bates/Infantino run, was I ever this excited for The Flash (XD)

I hate that people say writers steal things from Wally to give them to Barry. There’s loads of pathos there to be mined, you just need the correct creative team to bring it out. I think, given time and the opportunity to expound on it, Johns & Manapul could have done that. In my opinion, Flashpoint wouldn’t have lead to the N52, but would have been a bright, colorful trip through the multiverse, setting up how significant it should be to DC. Re-establish the JSA on Earth 2. Their history on New Earth would have remained, but they’d continue their adventures on Earth 2. We’d get yearly events that would re-establish their yearly rituals from pre-Crisis. First major storyline would be the return of Polly as the JSA’s WW, and she’d live their, with their Amazons. Omg there’s so much stuff I’d love to work with had the N52 not happened.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hate that people say writers steal things from Wally to give them to Barry. There’s loads of pathos there to be mined, you just need the correct creative team to bring it out. I think, given time and the opportunity to expound on it, Johns & Manapul could have done that. In my opinion, Flashpoint wouldn’t have lead to the N52, but would have been a bright, colorful trip through the multiverse, setting up how significant it should be to DC. Re-establish the JSA on Earth 2. Their history on New Earth would have remained, but they’d continue their adventures on Earth 2. We’d get yearly events that would re-establish their yearly rituals from pre-Crisis. First major storyline would be the return of Polly as the JSA’s WW, and she’d live their, with their Amazons. Omg there’s so much stuff I’d love to work with had the N52 not happened.
    While I agree with you on almost everything you stated, the sad fact is DC DID steal things from Wally and give them to Barry, and not just in comics either. The TV show has also done Wally dirty.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Yeah, I do think there is a lot of Post-COIE Wally in Barry. Why do I say Post-COIE? Because both, as most DC super-heroes, had a pretty genric and interchangable personality (and I say this with no malice, for Barry always was one of my favorite DC characters). Post-COIE, Mike Baron made Wally a real selfish, materialistic dog. Messener-Loeb did a great job in toning down Wally's unpleasent personality, and in giving him other more likable traits, and Waid, finally gave us the outgoing, flashy (no-pun intended), mildly impulsive and kind of vain everbody's friend that became the standard Wally personality. Intrestingly enough, I think it was Waid that gave us what was, IMHO, the most intresting take on Barry personality in JLA Year One. Unlike Wally, Barry was more quiet, more a listener than a talker, a bit distracted (while Wally was impatient) yet still confident and capable of inspiring trust on others. I also always thought that the CSI aspect of Barry was a gold-mine that never was suficiently well-explored (I loved when Johns made Wally a mechanic in the KCPD motor-pool, another move that opened pleanty story opportunities that were never explored well enough). My point is, there is enough good stuff for a good writer to explore two distinctive and potentially awsome characters.

Peace