Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Lol ww has only 70 for speed stats. Lower than almost everyone else. Crazy sighh
    Remember that at that time, before the Crisis, Diana did not fly, and there is a clear distinction between those who fly and those who do not. But the interesting thing about all this is Batgirl's speed, because she is on a motorcycle! That seemed unfair to me and I thought Diana lost just because they didn't put a picture of her inside the invisible plane lol

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    OMG, Sebastianne, this is AMAZING!!! Thanks so much for sharing this. My first language/culture is Spanish speaking, and this takes me back to my homeland and to my Spanish-language intro to American superhero comics. Those were some good times!
    LOL at them calling Ms. Marvel "Chica Maravillosa," which is literally Spanish for "Wonderful Girl" and She Hulk "Mujer Verde," which is Spanish for "Green Woman."

Also, did you ever get to read in Argentina the comics Starman El Libertario, Fantomás La Amenaza Elegante, Kalimán El Hombre Increible, and Águila Solitaria ?
    I do not know those comics, it seems to me that they did not arrive in Argentina or they would have been before my young years.
    Here apart from the North American comics I read Nippur de Lagash (a masterpiece without precedent in Argentina) El Eternauta (another comic masterpiece), Patoruzito a humorous comic about a native Argentine Indian, in which I was thinking a lot due to the discussion about Yara Flor and cultural representation, maybe Joelle Jones should read those old Patoruzito and Patoruzu comics (the adult version) :P

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Could have been worse. At least they made her stronger than the Kryptonian Supergirl (which I am ok with. I have always considered Wonder Woman "as strong as Gaea, the Earth herself," and in my own personal headcanon, that is stronger than any Kryptonian could be. :-) Although they apparently think that Tigra is stronger than Diana! Yikes.
    I always loved that she is the most powerful and the tallest of all (except for Catwoman, but in my mind it was because of the high heels) :P

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Remember that at that time, before the Crisis, Diana did not fly, and there is a clear distinction between those who fly and those who do not. But the interesting thing about all this is Batgirl's speed, because she is on a motorcycle! That seemed unfair to me and I thought Diana lost just because they didn't put a picture of her inside the invisible plane lol
    She still had super speed back then and was much faster based on feats than most characters on those images. BNut still, cute discovery.

Why is Beast his original form and not his blue furry one, which debuted more than a decade prior?

And why the heck is She-Hulk called Mujer Verde - Green Woman - instead of Chica Hulk?

Hombre de Goma, Hombre de Piedra? Those definitely aren't translations of Mr Fantastic and The Thing! Why did they both end up with something Man names?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She still had super speed back then and was much faster based on feats than most characters on those images. BNut still, cute discovery.
    I thought she always has super speed I was surprised it was so low on stats and wasn't she gliding on air currents basically flying back then

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is Beast his original form and not his blue furry one, which debuted more than a decade prior?

And why the heck is She-Hulk called Mujer Verde - Green Woman - instead of Chica Hulk?

Hombre de Goma, Hombre de Piedra? Those definitely aren't translations of Mr Fantastic and The Thing! Why did they both end up with something Man names?
    I really have no idea about the Beast, from Marvel I have only followed the career of Spider-Woman and in the 90s something of the X-Men.
    Regarding la Chica Verde (She-Hulk = Ella Hulk or Hulka), El hombre de Piedra (The Thing = La Cosa) y El Hombre de Goma (Mr. Fantastic = Señor Fantastico), I guess it was more marketer to translate them that way. Currently there is a tendency to leave the names in their original language.

Although I must say that when I discovered that their original names were The Thing and Mr. Fantastic and not the exact translation from Spanish, I thought what more stupid names they have, what superhero is called La Cosa or Sr. Fantastico? Hahaha