View Poll Results: What are your feelings towards the "Diana as God(dess) of War"?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great period! Diana should be God of War all over again!

3 11.11%
  • Nice idea, but could have been done better. Bring it back but do it differently.

3 11.11%
  • It was a good idea, but it has been explored enough and doesn't need to come back.

7 25.93%
  • Terrible idea from the get-go. Forget it ever happened and move on.

14 51.85%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It's almost like giving someone a date rape drug. They have no idea of what's going on until it's too late.
    Again, "Apple..."/"Orange..."

Plenty of folks who have been given the drugs mentioned cannot even recall anything about what happened to them. Never mind having been able to say they did not consent. It is literally being incapable of giving consent.

Which is literally the exact opposite of what is on the page. Every one of those sailors clearly got an offer and accepted that offer.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Again, "Apple..."/"Orange..."

Plenty of folks who have been given the drugs mentioned cannot even recall anything about what happened to them. Never mind having been able to say they did not consent. It is literally being incapable of giving consent.

Which is literally the exact opposite of what is on the page. Every one of those sailors clearly got an offer and accepted that offer.

But they weren't told about what came next and that's what I have a problem with.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

But they weren't told about what came next and that's what I have a problem with.
    There's nothing wrong with having a problem with it...

That said, having a problem with it does not change the fundamental nature of what actually took place. Nothing we saw on the page even sort of suggests that the sailors were not completely jumping a chance to take part in having sex with the Amazons.

There's nothing wrong with having a problem with it...

That said, having a problem with it does not change the fundamental nature of what actually took place. Nothing we saw on the page even sort of suggests that the sailors were not completely jumping a chance to take part in having sex with the Amazons.

Are you really suggesting that what I and other members here have been saying isn't a logical conclusion given what was on the pages?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Are you really suggesting that what I and other members here have been saying isn't a logical conclusion given what was on the pages?
    Not suggesting.

Saying it outright.

Folks are making a conclusion that has almost nothing to do with what is on that page.

Past that, there are "What If?..." scenarios entertaining if those sailors had said no.

That's because nothing on that page really suggests that those sailors are doing anything except consenting.

Not suggesting.

Saying it outright.

Folks are making a conclusion that has almost nothing to do with what is on that page.

Past that, there are "What If?..." scenarios entertaining if those sailors had said no.

That's because nothing on that page really suggests that those sailors are doing anything except consenting.
    …the fact that they murder the sailors after leads me to believe they don’t have the respect to decline having sex with the sailors if they say “no”…
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 01-19-2022 at 06:32 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I thought it would be more interesting for Hippolyta to become the God(dess) of War should something happen to Ares.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Not suggesting.

Saying it outright.

Sure, I think the sailors didn't say "no" to the Amazons but they were offered sex under a false pretense not knowing that by letting these Amazon women on their boat would end up costing their lives.

I think we've derailed the thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Yeah, you're totally right. I'm done talking a bout the Amazon sex-pirates. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No, the orange advocate did that with their refusal to see the obvious.

Fantastic Member

I loved that period, and really liked how she became the god of war. But I don't recall much being done with it afterwards. I wish Azzarello had stripped her of the title before he left so we didn't have to see the ridiculously bad treatment given by Meredith Finch. Azzarello leaving her as the god of war was a huge oversight in an otherwise stellar run.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    I loved that period, and really liked how she became the god of war. But I don't recall much being done with it afterwards. I wish Azzarello had stripped her of the title before he left so we didn't have to see the ridiculously bad treatment given by Meredith Finch. Azzarello leaving her as the god of war was a huge oversight in an otherwise stellar run.

Finch wasn't the problem, Azz was. Once she became War, what did she really do with that under Azz? Hazily defined rules that Azz didn't bother to set up on his boring decompressed 36 issue plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Finch wasn't the problem, Azz was. Once she became War, what did she really do with that under Azz? Hazily defined rules that Azz didn't bother to set up on his boring decompressed 36 issue plotline.

They didn't know what to do with the God of War concept in Superman/Wonder Woman or Justice League either so I don't really blame Merdith Finch for not putting a miracle out of a hat with this poorly conceived idea.