View Poll Results: What are your feelings towards the "Diana as God(dess) of War"?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great period! Diana should be God of War all over again!

3 11.11%
  • Nice idea, but could have been done better. Bring it back but do it differently.

3 11.11%
  • It was a good idea, but it has been explored enough and doesn't need to come back.

7 25.93%
  • Terrible idea from the get-go. Forget it ever happened and move on.

14 51.85%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yikes.
    And DC allowed that awfulness to be published in a Wonder Woman comic book? Ugh/

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Yikes.
    And DC allowed that awfulness to be published in a Wonder Woman comic book? Ugh/
    For good or for ill, it was Diana's most successful run at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    But it wouldn't have been if they had known that "yes" would lead to their destruction. See? We're having an endless circular discussion because you alone insist on being an "orange" advocate.
    We are talking about the men who never once thought to second guess nude women boarding their ship before they made an offer that would be tough to refuse, no?

I've just got a tough time with the "The Talk Behind Your Back, And Steal Your Lipstick!..." aspect of this whole thing.

(Never mind that they never actually stole any lipstick...)

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    We are talking about the men who never once thought to second guess nude women boarding their ship before they made an offer that would be tough to refuse, no?

I've just got a tough time with the "The Talk Behind Your Back, And Steal Your Lipstick!..." aspect of this whole thing.

(Never mind that they never actually stole any lipstick...)
    Here's the thing, you're decrying the term rapist as if it's worse than being a murderer. Both are horrific, horrible, things that I wouldn't want to happen to anyone, but one you might possibly survive while the other you most certainly won't. Yet there's no hierarchy to sins, wrong is wrong and however it's phrased, the Amazons were wrong in this instance, only because Azzarello made them so.

Here's the thing, you're decrying the term rapist as if it's worse than being a murderer. Both are horrific, horrible, things that I wouldn't want to happen to anyone, but one you might possibly survive while the other you most certainly won't. Yet there's no hierarchy to sins, wrong is wrong and however it's phrased, the Amazons were wrong in this instance, only because Azzarello made them so.
    Politely, I am not doing anything like that.

I am pointing out that this "Rapist..." charge that folks seem intent on making stick is entirely unfounded based on what is actually on on the page.

Politely, I am not doing anything like that.

I am pointing out that this "Rapist..." charge that folks seem intent on making stick is entirely unfounded based on what is actually on on the page.
    You keep saying that and I keep saying how you're wrong. That's what I meant by circular.

You keep saying that and I keep saying how you're wrong. That's what I meant by circular.
    Which, politely, is just not the case.

The group of sailors we saw was literally in such a hurry to willingly consent to the sex that they were in such a hurry to have that they set aside pretty basic common sense.

Dummies? Yeah, to say the very least.

Some sort of poor dopes who would have made a more sensible call if only something like a group of completely nude women had boarded their ship and thrown themselves at them had clued them in so they could make a reasonable assessment about the potential downside?

Come on.

The group of sailors we saw was literally in such a hurry to willingly consent to the sex that they were in such a hurry to have that they set aside pretty basic common sense.

Some sort of poor dopes who would have made a more sensible call if only something like a group of completely nude women had boarded their ship and thrown themselves at them had clued them in so they could make a reasonable assessment about the potential downside?

Come on.
    Okay what now? I don't get it, is there a typo somewhere?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For good or for ill, it was Diana's most successful run at the time.

Considering it was Diana's only run at the time, that's not saying much.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It definitely read as rape by deception for me.

Any way, to get back on topic, I didn't really care for Diana as god of war.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It definitely read as rape by deception for me.

It's almost like giving someone a date rape drug. They have no idea of what's going on until it's too late.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I really enjoyed Azz's take on Ares, but giving WW the title of God of War didn't really do anything for me.

Come on.
    They wouldn't have consented if they knew they were going to be killed off.

And what do you think would have happened to sailors who didn't consent but the Amazons wanted babies anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They wouldn't have consented if they knew they were going to be killed off.

And what do you think would have happened to sailors who didn't consent but the Amazons wanted babies anyway?
    Unless someone has a page where anything even remotely like this is actually taking place?

I can't see any point in addressing a problem than I have no reason to believe even exists.

As for "Wouldn't Have..."?

This is literally in "Just How Much More Obvious That You Should Second Guess This Should I Make It..." territory.

Ever thing about this said "So, Really Just Going To Go With It?..." in seven foot tall red letters.

Men were too busy tripping over themselves in their hurry to consent to worry about any of the obvious weirdness that was right in front of their own eyes.