Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #88 Preview

Nightwing #88 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Bruno Redondo

Incredible Member

Really excited to get back to the main story in a standard issue. As much as I liked #87 it did not advance the plot much.

Looks good.

Also, I think this run is the first time I have actually liked Barbara since the New 52.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 01-14-2022 at 12:21 PM.

Ok what's your theories on what secret is Barbara keeping from Dick ? If it doesn't gets revealed in that issue I'll really assume pregnancy reveal in #100 is starting to look very possible lol

Incredible Member

Lol if that happened a lot of people would be very angry.

I wouldn't mind though. I think it`ll be something small and be revealed this issue.

I feel like every Superhero looks at their city and thinks the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spideyvinnegar View Post
    Ok what's your theories on what secret is Barbara keeping from Dick ? If it doesn't gets revealed in that issue I'll really assume pregnancy reveal in #100 is starting to look very possible lol
    I don't think she'd be okay with Tim telling Dick she's pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think she'd be okay with Tim telling Dick she's pregnant.
    We don't know who she's talking to, I feel more like that's Bruce

Looks as if Blockbuster is talking to Gunhawk.

It kind of looks like pregnancy bait but I think it's a fake out. My guess is Babs is unveiling the fingerstripe suit.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Probably more that she has asked people to watch over him now that "Dick Grayson" is a target and not just Nightwing. The whole "I'm not telling him, you tell him" thing.

Incredible Member

Zero pregnancy vibes.
    Babs' secret could easily be she recruited other heroes to help with the hits on his head, gave bitewing to the batgirls until things calm down, the new suit, or even admitting her spine was hurt during Bitewing's rescue and can't suit up again. All those things make much more sense than her being pregnant and telling others first and suggesting them telling him that.

Incredible Member

There seem to be 2 additional pages of this preview here -
    https://comicbookdispatch.com/nightwing-88-preview/

To set up a pregnancy you need a sex scene or an implied sex scene I think first. To make the story work narratively. They have kissed a couple times in a spur of the moment thing, but they haven't really had that real intimate moment yet. To go from those two kisses to Babs being pregnant doesn't really work. Maybe down the road who knows, but I think she is probably talking to other heroes about extra protection for him as well given how the story is being set up.

At this point I don’t think we need a sex scene to assume they are doing it anymore then we need to see them poop to assume they poop. Not that I think Babs is pregnant. Though she definitely seems set up at his place. Besides Haley is already their fur baby.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-15-2022 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    At this point I don’t think we need a sex scene to assume they are doing it anymore then we need to see them poop to assume they poop. Not that I think Babs is pregnant. Though she definitely seems set up at his place. Besides Haley is already their fur baby.
    At the start of Taylor's run Dick was still sleeping on the couch when Babs was over. People that are just jumping into the run would kind of need more intimate moments to make a pregnancy story work otherwise it is going to feel very rushed to them without it. You need to have more set up for a storyline like that. Also I don't care about the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    At the start of Taylor's run Dick was still sleeping on the couch when Babs was over. People that are just jumping into the run would kind of need more intimate moments to make a pregnancy story work otherwise it is going to feel very rushed to them without it. You need to have more set up for a storyline like that. Also I don't care about the dog.
    True but we’re multiple issues in now and it’s pretty clear they’re a thing by this point. Again not that I think a pregnancy story is what’s happening here. But ya, we don’t really need see them banging on a roof top to believe they’re doing it at this point. I don’t think that level of display would even fit with the tone of the book. Though going to Babs now being pregnant would be fast and rushed. I’m just saying, we can assume they’re doing it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-15-2022 at 07:51 AM.