Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't think it's a pregnancy but I also assume they've been pretty active off-panel...at least if Babs has the time between jetting two and from Bludhaven and Gotham.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

This looks soooooo good!!!!

Yeah, this issue was great! The Fear State crossover delaying this book was the worst thing it could happen to it. Thankfully is back on track.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Shockingly enough, the scene set up as a parallel to Blockbuster's conversation is, in fact a direct parallel to Blockbuster's conversation and nothing to do with a pregnancy thing at all.

Ooh, this was good. Oracle flexed, Titans we’re sweet, and this showed something that we don’t often see with his solo but is something that is suppose to be a part of Dick’s character. Dick is loved.

wally.JPG

I just wanted to share my favorite part of the issue
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-19-2022 at 01:36 AM.

I'm glad we're seeing Dick's lives with the Titans and Batfam can co-exist (as they always should've).

I need a little more Heartless to really get into him. I find his gimmick amusing, a gun that strips someone of their hearts.

The art remains one of my favorites currently.

Also, the Gunbunny appearance was fun for me. I think her boyfriend died pre-n52 also? Man can't catch a break. And, between this and Lady Vic in Titans United, we just need a Cheshire appearance. Ravens Reunion? If not in Nightwing then somewhere.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member

Ooh my favorite bit was definitely Starfire daring Blockbuster to try, well, anything really.

Or spooking Gunbunny into running into Donna.

One or the other. Dick's best friends are some powwwwwwwwwwerful women.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Also, the Gunbunny appearance was fun for me. I think her boyfriend died pre-n52 also?
    According to DC-Wikia he became an alcoholic and therefore Gunny Bunny left him.

But Gunny Bunny got later killed by Deadshot.

Art was phenomenal, that kind of goes without saying. I do wish Dick was a little more proactive in his own book, he just sort of goes along with things. It feels like Taylor is relying on fan service to cover a weak plot. I mean, after the Ric fiasco it's nice to see his family and friends rally around him but Dick should be actively looking for Heartless, plus inviting a bunch of kids to a press event knowing there's a hit out on you was not very bright.
    I did enjoy it, I'm weak for the Titans but I'm also getting a bit bored of the constant cameos.

Also I know it's completely unintentional and due to different writers but it looks kind of sucks that Dicks friends and family wanted nothing to do with him when he was homeless and injured but now that he's a billionaire he can't get rid of them

Aaaaand just like United, this was a better Titans book than the actual Titans. Loved everything about this issue.

As for Babs, I doubt she's pregnant. Taylor's made some odd or downright dumb choices before, but this would take the cake. Not when they literally just got back together. It feels weird not wanting this when I was one of the people who was disappointed over Shaun's pregnancy being a false alarm, but...I don't know. It's just too soon.

On one hand it makes sense that he's friends would help him and protect him but when does it become too much of an issue from a story telling perspective. The sense of danger decreases when you realize Dick Has friends that can open portals and travel at ridiculous speeds. How is Blockbuster or Heartless supposed to face that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    On one hand it makes sense that he's friends would help him and protect him but when does it become too much of an issue from a story telling perspective. The sense of danger decreases when you realize Dick Has friends that can open portals and travel at ridiculous speeds. How is Blockbuster or Heartless supposed to face that?
    Well he always had those things. I appreciate it being embraced. This will probably play a pet in the series going forward. I’m sure Taylor will acknowledge this with further plotting

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Well he always had those things. I appreciate it being embraced. This will probably play a pet in the series going forward. I’m sure Taylor will acknowledge this with further plotting
    Only way I see Taylor plotting around it is if he does it the Batman way and goes with the cliché "My city my responsibility".

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Only way I see Taylor plotting around it is if he does it the Batman way and goes with the cliché "My city my responsibility".
    That'd be the only way that makes any sense. And even then, it'd be kind of a dumb stance for a hero to take when lives are on the line. Because, yeah, all of Dick's problems could be easily solved by the Titans taking a few weeks off from the school to clean up the biggest messes in Bludhaven. At least for a little while anyway lol

But hey, suspension of disbelief and all that.