Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Default One Punch Man speed update.

The most recent OPM chapter hit a new speed benchmark, and there's enough OPM love on this forum to talk about it. I won't post spoilers yet but there probably will be spoilers posted soon.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Flashy Flash was already "some small fraction of light speed," based on his feat with the other two monster ninja and this is specifically beyond his level by some order of magnitude.

Garou big fast. Biiiiig fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Flashy Flash was already "some small fraction of light speed," based on his feat with the other two monster ninja and this is specifically beyond his level by some order of magnitude.

It is also done in, at most, .0013 seconds.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 01-14-2022 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Context?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Show us the speed
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I suck at posting images on this site, and the full feat's context is spread over three chapters, so I'm gonna try to describe it first. In Chapter 152, Murata starts using stop watches on panel. Garou launches a huge blitz timed at 00:00'00"50. At some point there was a page that defined that as hour:minute'second"tenth of a second. (This page seems to be missing now, so it might have been a fan addition.) So if that scale can be trusted, he does this in half a second. (Could be faster, but hey, let's low ball.)

In Chapter 153 we have a three way battle between Garou, Flashy Flash, and Platinum Spermatozoa. Their fight launches some rubble up into the air, and the three of them use the mid air rubble as launch pads. Their trajectories cause an event which witnesses would later describe as geometric patterns of light covering the sky over the city. People chalk it up to some kind of psychic event but it is actually just the three dudes moving at high speeds. I don't know how to estimate the scale of the thing or quantify the speeds involved but it is ludicrous.

Now in Chapter 154, Flashy Flash loses out. Note that Flashy had some ABSURD speed feats earlier in the manga Nik alluded to. But he's too slow to keep up with the other two, who take him out and then proceed to start going FASTER. Garou and PlatSperm trace out a structure even more dense than the three fighting had. And this time the stop clock comes back for long it takes them to do it: 00:00'00"00'''13.

That's at most .0013 seconds to make, I dunno, hundreds of attacks with significant distances between each strike? Absurd.

Last edited by Captain Morgan; 01-14-2022 at 09:17 PM.

The funniest part about this though is Flashy Flash's existential crisis at meeting four people faster than him in a single day.

Which means Flashy Flash is the maybe not even in the top 5 fastest characters in the story.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

As Morgan notes, given the presentation of the feat, even with a concrete timeline, it's pretty hard to actually calc this one out.

I might have a go at it, or at least update my OPM speed breakdown in my scaling thread.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

It's an extremely impressive feat for the two of them. And we know that Saitama is faster still. It's going to be interesting when the big little guy gets back into combat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Garou looks like he's getting a helluva striking feat at the end of this chapter, but we will need to see whether he actually hurt his target in the next one.

Platinum Spermatozoa
    What.

PlatSperm
    What.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    What.

What.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

That seems like a viscous opponent
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He's made of 14 billion Black Sperms. And no, that's not racist. I think.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan