Mighty Member

Default reading Batman and Robin

no not a new title. I'm currently starting an ambitious reading project trying to read GA through present Batman and the Robins. The thing is the only characters that I'm interested are Bruce and his wards. I know that the Batgirls become part of the family later on, but is it important to read their titles? I've tried and just can't get into Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    no not a new title. I'm currently starting an ambitious reading project trying to read GA through present Batman and the Robins. The thing is the only characters that I'm interested are Bruce and his wards. I know that the Batgirls become part of the family later on, but is it important to read their titles? I've tried and just can't get into Batgirl.
    Dude, since the first Bat-Girl (Betty Kane) didn't appear until Batman #139 (April 1961), and the first Batgirl comic book series (featuring Cassandra Cain) wasn't until 2000, won't it be a while before you have to worry about them?

Remember, Dick first appeared as Robin in Detective Comics #38 (April 1940), and the Dynamic Duo appeared in Detective Comics, Batman, and World's Finest Comics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Dude, since the first Bat-Girl (Betty Kane) didn't appear until Batman #139 (April 1961), and the first Batgirl comic book series (featuring Cassandra Cain) wasn't until 2000, won't it be a while before you have to worry about them?

Remember, Dick first appeared as Robin in Detective Comics #38 (April 1940), and the Dynamic Duo appeared in Detective Comics, Batman, and World's Finest Comics.
    Well, there's also a chance I might change my mind too once the Batgirls start appearing too, cause I'm a completist like that, lol