Angry What I Would Love To See Next For The Scarlet Witch (And Quicksilver)

Upon the completion of both Trial of Magneto and Darkhold, itÂ’s clear that Wanda could become a major player again in the Marvel Universe. If that is the case, hereÂ’s what IÂ’m hoping to see:

1) Wanda as a HERO once again, vs. a simply, crazy pariah.

2) A definite separation from the MCU Wanda.

3) Wanda and Pietro following up on their lineage, a la RobinsonÂ’s storyline in WandaÂ’s ongoing series.

4) Wanda growing more in to the confident. assured, COMPLETE woman sheÂ’s been portrayed as at the end of each of the above mentioned series, and Pietro letting her, as he concentrated on his own life for the first time in a long time, working on the growth hinted at at the end of his last mini-series.

5) Captain America asking the twins to head up a second Avengers team, along with Hawkeye, The Wasp and The Vision. This new Unity Squad would have 13 members (Though I doubt they could call it Avengers:Coven!), and be written by Jim Zub!

6) Have proven, once and for all, that Wanda and Pietro ARE mutants.

7) If the book continues, have Wanda take over as Headmistress of Strange Academy. NO ONE understands counseling and helping young heroes (or, in this case, sorcerers) in the developing and understanding of their powers more than Wanda. I truly see her feeling this is a top priority now!

8) A much closer relationship between Wanda, Pietro and Lorna (Lorna would be the first person asked to join the new above mentioned Unity Squad).

9) Ditch the original costume (which IÂ’ve always loved!) for the Robinson/Wada era one....it just seems more sophisticated and mature (Quicksilver, on the other hand, just needs to go back to his classic powder blue one).

10) Let Wanda and Pietro become the true stars they were always meant to be.

Extraordinary Member

1) Yeah, I am pretty sure she will, at worst she just went into hybernation again, story of her life post-2005.
    2) I mean, she didn't even get any MCU synergy, there is no need for separation if there is no link in the first place.(Aside from some artistic oopsie which I agree shouldn't happen)
    3) I will be real honest with this one, Wanda should just consider Django and Marya her real parents(as in what she emotionally recognize as her mom and dad), and no longer cares about her supposed biological parents. It's a tiring process that doesn't yield much for her.
    4) She should just revert to her Busiek era self, so basically what you said. It's not so much about growth as it is just her reverting back to her more classic self before **** happens. Also Pietro hasn't really been that possessive brother for a long time. Again, they should just go back to their pre-2004 self.
    5) Would be nice, though I consider the main Avengers team her rightful place that is unfortunately lost. 13 members are a bit much though, I would prefer smaller and more focused team, and give the seats to more obscure characters who unfortunately got left behind by Marvel.
    6) I kinda want this but only for Pietro, it doesn't really matter for Wanda at this point. She should just break clean from X-franchise for good now she get her ticket to freedom.
    7) Strange Academy's premise is more interesting than what we actually get, but I won't mind more appearance for her. As long as it doesn't break her lore too much.(Like teaching Chaos Magic, something that is bound to her soul, not exactly something that can be taught and learnt.)
    8) Like I state previously, I prefer full separation from X-franchise. But Lorna in Wanda's home turf(Avengers franchise) should be fine.
    9) The only reason X-books keep using that costume for her is probably wanting to frame her as an insecure little girl. A lot of her teenage girl mannerism in ToM would break if she is in her Wada costume. Like you said, it's more sophisticated and mature, so not in line with the dynamic they want for ToM.
    10) I want them to be treated fairly and nothing beyond that I suppose. Again, I don't particularly care for extra popular character and the fandom behavior that tend to develop out of it. But being more relevant and getting more resource than they currently has won't hurt really.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-15-2022 at 12:34 AM.

The MCU is the reason she's not still in the fridge.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Ya a new Unity Squad, and also Quicksilver teaching in a new Avengers Academy. A follow up and expansion of Robison's work is needed. The Follow up being both twins or just Pietro while Wanda being an expansion story of other colour magic.

I really really hope that a second Avengers book happens, bc Aaron’s one is just not my cup of tea. If it has Wanda on it, much better.

Ultimate Member

I can get behind the twins being more prominent heroes on a new Avengers team (with other underused Avengers like SilverScarlet mentioned)