View Poll Results: Do you think "Black Adam" movie will push DC harder to launch a new JSA run?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is possible.

7 28.00%
  • Maybe.

7 28.00%
  • No.

8 32.00%
  • It's just a fairytale. Won't happen at all.

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Will 'Black Adam' movie will be strong enough for DC to launch a new JSA run?

So far most of the DCEU movies have seen some impact on the comics:

- This including the launch of the movie line-up of the Suicide Squad back in 2016 when the movie release.
    - A beard look Aquaman based on Jason Mamoa version with the release of 'Aquaman' movie.
    - A Peacemaker appearance on the squad following his debut on the 2021' Suicide Squad' movie.
    - A comic based on the movie 'Bird of Prey' was released right around the movie premiere.

But will the upcoming "Black Adam" movie is gonna to do the same for DC to make any changes.

Not a no but a definite maybe.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think at the very least we'll get them involved in another book or a mini series. I know some jaded fans are pessimistic, but I have a hard time thinking DC wouldn't capatlize on the promotion the JSA will get being a in a movie starring The Rock.

Astonishing Member

With DC’s current track record the JSA would have to totally usurp the JL’s place in media adaptations before they got round to giving an ongoing

No. DC has made it clear they don't give a crap about the JSA. It's Justice League, Batman, and nothing else matters.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

One can hope.

How much has the Aquaman comic book benefited from the movie with Jason Momoa?

Extraordinary Member

The movie is gonna do well

If anyone stands out in the film possibly
    Hawkman? I bet Dr fate returns for Justice league Dark

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How much has the Aquaman comic book benefited from the movie with Jason Momoa?
    How much have most marvel comics benefited from those films? In general, most movie audiences don't feel any need to go out and buy comics just because they see a comic book movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    How much have most marvel comics benefited from those films? In general, most movie audiences don't feel any need to go out and buy comics just because they see a comic book movie.
    It has definitely motivated them to pump out more books starring those characters and build up their B-D list characters. They wouldn't be pumping out books for Shang Chi and Black Knight if they were perpetually at a loss.

I think at the very least we'll get them involved in another book or a mini series. I know some jaded fans are pessimistic, but I have a hard time thinking DC wouldn't capatlize on the promotion the JSA will get being a in a movie starring The Rock.
    '
    You underestimate DC's willingness to "fail to capitalize" on a great many appearances of their characters in outside media.

Marvel has switched more to a mini-series model but overall yes. Within the last year Shang-Chi, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, the Eternals, Kate Bishop and even Echo have all got minis (ongoing in the case of Eternals). It's definitely true that movie audiences haven't been motivated en masse, but Marvel seems to at least like to have a trade paperback on the shelves for when the movies or shows hit.

DC definitely seems much more touch and go on stuff like this. Hopefully this movie at least gets DC to do a mini.

Ultimate Member

It is not so much the comics but Marvel has seen a boost via trades. They have all seen a boost. No matter how long or how bad or how many folks screamed Marvel had no business making those books.

Black Panther trades stayed among Amazon's top sellers for a good 3 years. GOTG, Cap Marvel and Miles did the same especially in the markets for teens and young adults.

Marvel understands you need material to sell trades.
    DC issue is when certain characters are in the movies and shows-if they attract interest someone wanting to read more. You hit a dead end. Either there is nothing or it's out of print.

When Moon Girl's show starts she will have 9 volumes with more stuff on the way.
    Riri Williams will have 4 trades.
    Ms Marvel at least 12 trades.
    She Hulk at least 30.
    Moon Knight at least 30.
    America will have 3.

Look at Shuri-who has 6 new books. Marvel said screw the comic side with her because one of her book is endorsed reading by school teachers. That means that book and it's sequels will be in schools.

Peacemaker has how many?
    Conner Kent had 0 when Young Justice started. 1 new trade since 2015.
    Bart has gotten 1 in an 12 year span.

Like Holt said Marvel wants a trade on that shelf.

99.9% of the movie goers never bought a comic book and never will. I can’t tell you how many times I had to explain continuity, history and characters to all those popcorn munchers!

I think yall are going to have to let that JSA dream go for now. The only way DC will greenlight that is if Tom King wanted to take a crack it.