Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Unappreciated Characters Appreciation 2022

This is for all those characters cast tot he wayside or worse are kept around to be punch lines or punching bags.

My top 2 right now

Vagabond: Priscilla Lyons. One of Cap's tagalongs when he was The Captain. Trained as a Scourge...and then turned on them to take them down with U.S. Agent. And not seen hide nor hair since the 1st U.S. Agent limtied in 1991

Demolition Man: Dennis Dunphy. It just seems like every time this guy comes back it is with another kick to the teeth. Died and resurrected multiple times and is currently a vampire.

so this is the Speedball thread then
    The J-man

Definitely, my choice would be...

Nighthawk
    (Kyle Richmond)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Nah man, it's the D-Man thread .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Speedball belongs to the New Warriors Appreciation thread.

Anyway, the other underrated character I have a soft spot for are American Eagle, Delphyne Gorgon, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) and Jack Flag.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 01-15-2022 at 08:38 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

I'll second everyone mentioned in this thread already (especially D-Man and Nighthawk) and add Quasar, Wendell Vaughn. I know he was in the latest run of GotG, but next to nothing was done with him.

Extraordinary Member

Mattie Franklin thread here we go

Hank Pym
    Simon Williams
    Kyle Richmond
    Roger Gocking

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I have to think Hank Pym gets it the worst. For one of Marvel's oldest characters, it seems like he's had a lot of neglect. Either that or his mantle gets taken over by other characters like Scott Lang. I really think someone at Marvel must hate him.

Definitely, my next choice would be...

Artie & Leech

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Those characters who are unfairly treated by current Marvel are....

• Hank Pym - that poor founding Avenger had been slandered for years just because of the infamous "slap" and most of his achievements were forgotten. People only remember him for the "slap" and the creation of Ultron.
    • the New Warriors - those guys got thrown under the bus in 2020 since their comic get a backlash and then, cancelled without any official notice. Outside the unreleased comic, they (especially Justice, Speedball and Timeslip) had turned into jerks for no apparent reason other than cheap drama in 2020 Champions comic during Outlawed storyline.
    • Sam Alexander - Of all the Champions, poor Sam Alexander got overshadowed by the famous Champions founders - Kamala Khan, Amadeus Cho and Miles Morales.
    • the New X-Men (as in the X-Students like Hellion, Surge, Rockslide....) - they barely exist since they keep getting shafted by Quentin Quire, Laura Kinney, Glob Herman and any mutant kids who become 'Mutant Kid of the Year'. Poor Rockslide got killed off in X of Swords storyline and to add salt to the wounds, his personality had been erased when he got resurrected since he died in Otherworld.
    • Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) - First Wendell gave up his quantum bands to a nobody for no apparent reason than a cheap legacy gimmick, then he shares the bands with a gimmicky nobody and nothing was touched on them since the recent Guardians of the Galaxy got cancelled.
    • Jack Flag - poor guy is dead and forgotten after Hydra Steve killed him
    • Patriot (Eli Bradley) - Of all the Young Avengers, poor Patriot became forgotten as he got shafted by the so-called lawsuits.
    • Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) - Since Nadia Pym/Van Dyne came in and took the Wasp mantle, poor Janet the founding Avenger got shafted.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Hank Pym
    Simon Williams
    Kyle Richmond
    Roger Gocking
    Oh most definitely. I have made my feelings on Karla Pacheco's treatment of Roger very clear.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-16-2022 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Oh most definitely. I have made my feelings on Karla Pacheco's treatment of Roger very clear.
    Gerry is in danger now because Roger wasn’t there to protect him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Gerry is in danger now because Roger wasn’t there to protect him.
    It would have been cool to see Roger in Devil's Reign as one of these Thunderbolts...but as a double agent. Show him in some of the fights holding his own...but then on the phone with Cap getting him information on Fisk's forces.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-16-2022 at 09:22 AM.

monica rambeau
    Lt. Marcus Stone
    Moses Magnum (villain)
    Synch
    Cloak.