Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I would also have loved to see Songbird' future coming true!

As for Jack of Hearts, he IS coming back! He's featured on the cover of She-Hulk #3 in March! Check the sollicits
    Good news and....spoilers:
    He makes a last page appearance in issue #1
    end of spoilers

Definitely, my next choice would be...

Kristoff Vernard
    (The majority probably won't agree, but I enjoyed the developing relationship between Kristoff & Cassie Lang during the '90s run of F4):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Kristoff Vernard
    (The majority probably won't agree, but I enjoyed the developing relationship between Kristoff & Cassie Lang during the '90s run of F4):

I agree, on both counts. IMHO, that run is full of hidden gems that were not well-explored after it.

Peace

Mary Jane Watson I hate how whenever she isn't with peter all of a sudden she doesn't exist in the books anymore. It's one of the main reasons i stopped getting spiderman because you never knew when she would just disappear.

edit: my first experience with spiderman is when i was very young and read it in the sunday paper before i knew about comics comics.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-20-2022 at 07:12 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The Midnight Sons

The Midnight Sons

Hell Yeah. Loved that whole scene.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Midnight Sons

It's not so much the team, for I'm not that big a fan of supernatural characters/stories, but I think that name is pure gold. So powerful. One of the best super-hero teams names I can think of.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so this is the Speedball thread then
    Just last week I finished his Complete Collected TPB. Has all the Ditko work.
    I wouldn't recommend it to someone who only gravitates to darker or more "serious" fare.

My point, is relating to Speedball it is amazing at how in his book they were pushing the name Masked Marvel. Speedball, despite being a headlining name on the book, was really a secondary consideration.
    Robbie referred to himself as Masked Marvel, the local authorities, the school kids..you name it and within the title he was The Masked Marvel. Now that there is an UNDERAPPRECIATED aspect worth discussing with the character.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Just last week I finished his Complete Collected TPB. Has all the Ditko work.
    I wouldn't recommend it to someone who only gravitates to darker or more "serious" fare.

My point, is relating to Speedball it is amazing at how in his book they were pushing the name Masked Marvel. Speedball, despite being a headlining name on the book, was really a secondary consideration.
    Robbie referred to himself as Masked Marvel, the local authorities, the school kids..you name it and within the title he was The Masked Marvel. Now that there is an UNDERAPPRECIATED aspect worth discussing with the character.
    I still need to pick up that TPB. I've read the stories from the old Spider-Man annuals and the 90s Marvel Superheroes book, but not his original series.

Another underappreciated character whose TPB I need to pick up is the Tigra complete collection. I don't understand how Tigra doesn't appear more. I want to know what's going on with her son.

The Sentinel
    (Juston Seyfert)

Extraordinary Member

The Sentinel
    (Juston Seyfert)

He's dead now...got shwacked in Avengers Arena when a bunch of young heroes were kidnapped by Arcade.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Kristoff Vernard
    I'm definitely on team Kristoff. But unfortunately not many writers are. I recall a podcast where Christopher Cantwell, who did add him briefly to his Doom series, didn't really get why people like Kristoff. But he did indicate a good subplot to use would be if Kristoff and Victorious would have this heated rivalry. I think Kristoff definitely would feel neglected as she rose in Doom's favor. But now she blew that by sleeping with Johnny. So there could be a story there as they both try and one up the other. Right now, Kristoff was put in charge of Symkaria when Doom annexed it as a penalty for certain parties in Symkaria engineering the Antlion disaster and framing Doom for it.

Writer Charles Soule included a brief cameo of Kristoff, all grown up and hanging out in Madripoor in Death of Wolverine. This is the only writer I've seen that actually did have some plans for him.

He was also in Charles Soule's She Hulk series (which suffered from some unappealing art IMO) and wanted Jennifer to help him defect from Latveria. It was all a ploy to get Doom's attention.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-22-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I'm definitely on team Kristoff. But unfortunately not many writers are. I recall a podcast where Christopher Cantwell, who did add him briefly to his Doom series, didn't really get why people like Kristoff. But he did indicate a good subplot to use would be if Kristoff and Victorious would have this heated rivalry. I think Kristoff definitely would feel neglected as she rose in Doom's favor. But now she blew that by sleeping with Johnny. So there could be a story there as they both try and one up the other. Right now, Kristoff was put in charge of Symkaria when Doom annexed it as a penalty for certain parties in Symkaria engineering the Antlion disaster and framing Doom for it.

Writer Charles Soule included a brief cameo of Kristoff, all grown up and hanging out in Madripoor. This is the only writer I've seen that actually did have some plans for him.

He was also in Charles Soule's She Hulk series (which suffered from some unappealing art IMO) and wanted Jennifer to help him defect from Latveria. It was all a ploy to get Doom's attention.

Kristoff really got handled badly in the Doom series with Victor putting Victorious in charge of Latveria then the whole "don't ever call me 'father' again" crap from Victor.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Midnight Sun

If through some minor miracle Marvel gave me the option of writing any title that I wanted, it would be a Midnight Sun series. He has all of the right elements. For starters, he has a cool name. He can be cosmic or street level. He has a culturally diverse background. (That likely also extends to alien species, as he's spent some time in space.) He isn't a one dimensional character, nor does he have so much canonical history that fans will reject any innovations that you introduce. And even though there are some things that I would change about him, he is nevertheless perfect.

But like most of Marvel's characters, he'll sit in limbo, gathering dust.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Mattie Franklin thread here we go
    Between her drug addiction in Alieas, and how nobody cares about her death, her last years were rough lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Marvel’s lost generation of teen characters comes to mind.

They (Gravity, Alpha, Powerman III) were all created within 7 years of each other, and disappeared pretty quickly.
    Alpha being made to be intentionally annoying did him no favors.

Doesn't help that Slott had characters keep saying his powers were too damn strong to the point "He's the only alpha level threat", so yeah, annoying and overpowered... Kinda funny Franklin in Slott's own F4 run is the annoying part thinking of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Mary Jane Watson I hate how whenever she isn't with peter all of a sudden she doesn't exist in the books anymore. It's one of the main reasons i stopped getting spiderman because you never knew when she would just disappear.

edit: my first experience with spiderman is when i was very young and read it in the sunday paper before i knew about comics comics.
    I mean, love interests are like that, unless the love interest is a felow super-hero.

But on MJ's case it's a bit worse since Marvel doesn't like the marriage... But on the other hand, she's still too popular to just abandon, so she shows up and disappears at random if the writers don't wanna have Peter dating her lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then