Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I liked quite a lot Young Allies. Wish they'd lasted longer.

Peace
    Me too. They had great potential (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. They had great potential (IMHO):

I could do without Toro, but I guess thats basically because the book didn't last long enough for him to be explored enough. Bit I have ro agree that this group is just full of untapped potential. And that Anya should go back to Arana and a more unique costume. Ever since she became Spider-Girl she's basically been wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I could do without Toro, but I guess thats basically because the book didn't last long enough for him to be explored enough. Bit I have ro agree that this group is just full of untapped potential. And that Anya should go back to Arana and a more unique costume. Ever since she became Spider-Girl she's basically been wallpaper.
    I know, right?! Arańa was much cooler, especially when she possessed that awesome carapace (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I prefered much more Mark Bagley's Counter Earth Toro's design. Also liked more his personality there. The character really got very little spotlight before being sidelined. Anybody knows if he is still alive? As for Arana, yes for the name, no for the costume change. That Julia Carpenter Spider Woman costume is one of the best ever. Only thing better is a red and white version I remember seeing once. But granted, she really seemed to lose all her uniqueness in the Young Allies, including her offbeat powerset.

Peace

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Blue Marvel

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Blue Marvel

I like this costume.

Peace

I prefered much more Mark Bagley's Counter Earth Toro's design. Also liked more his personality there. The character really got very little spotlight before being sidelined. Anybody knows if he is still alive?
    Me too. Bagley's Young Allies also had a lot of potential (IMHO):

As for Arana, yes for the name, no for the costume change. That Julia Carpenter Spider Woman costume is one of the best ever. Only thing better is a red and white version I remember seeing once. But granted, she really seemed to lose all her uniqueness in the Young Allies, including her offbeat powerset.

Peace
    Sad to hear you didn't care for Anya's OG outfit, but I can see the appeal you have for the new one...

That Julia Carpenter Spider Woman costume is one of the best ever.
    Agreed. I personally thought Julia wore it quite wonderfully, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-02-2022 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Blue Marvel

Agreed, they need to put some respect on that man's name!

I prefered much more Mark Bagley's Counter Earth Toro's design. Also liked more his personality there. The character really got very little spotlight before being sidelined. Anybody knows if he is still alive? As for Arana, yes for the name, no for the costume change. That Julia Carpenter Spider Woman costume is one of the best ever. Only thing better is a red and white version I remember seeing once. But granted, she really seemed to lose all her uniqueness in the Young Allies, including her offbeat powerset.

Peace
    I'd rather see Julia return to that costume (and if she can't be Spider-Woman, then she should at least be Arachne) and have Anya get her own. Something closer to her own original look.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I sometimes wonder if I am the only fan this girl has...
    1-UltraGirl
    Attachment 117988
    I always thought an interesting story for Suzy would be that she was not just this pre-destined Pink Kree Savior...but that since the early 20th century Pink Kree were abducting mutants for Earth and using them in a breeding program...that is why the Sentinel in her limited series went off on her and called her a V-Factor mutant...she is a Pink Kree / Mutant hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I always thought an interesting story for Suzy would be that she was not just this pre-destined Pink Kree Savior...but that since the early 20th century Pink Kree were abducting mutants for Earth and using them in a breeding program...that is why the Sentinel in her limited series went off on her and called her a V-Factor mutant...she is a Pink Kree / Mutant hybrid.
    Yeah, that was a REALLY cool story idea. But.... never followed up on. :/

Definitely, my next choice would be...

Ultimate Spider-Woman

Taegukgi (Tae-Won)

I know he's a new character, but hope Marvel won't forget about him & we'll see him more in the future.

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Ultimate Member

Taegukgi (Tae-Won)

I know he's a new character, but hope Marvel won't forget about him & we'll see him more in the future.

This Tiger Division intrigues me, but especially Taegukgi, Enigma and Aunti Ante 'the gambler sorceress.'

Taegukgi looks superficially like another bargain basement flying brick Superman-clone, like Hyperion, Sentry, Gladiator, etc., etc. so I'm kind of hoping he's got a more unique hook to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    This Tiger Division intrigues me, but especially Taegukgi, Enigma and Aunti Ante 'the gambler sorceress.'

Taegukgi looks superficially like another bargain basement flying brick Superman-clone, like Hyperion, Sentry, Gladiator, etc., etc. so I'm kind of hoping he's got a more unique hook to him.
    Yeah, in the Black Cat Annual, he's described as the Korean Hyperion -- I agree with you about this character & the Tiger Division, they look like fun.