Default Nostalgia & X-Books

There's a lot to be excited about if you are a fan of early 90's X-Men, a revival of the animated series, a new X-Men 92' comic and a few 90's X-Men Legends arcs from Hama & Nicieza.

I'm not personally a huge fan of that era, Jim Lee's art and costume designs don't do anything for me and I was born in the middle of the TAS initial release run so I don't have any real love from watching the show as a kid. But instead of spending time bashing Marvel's current interest in early 90's nostalgia, I wondered what other era's people would be excited to put on their nosalgia glasses and re-visit in the form of limited series/ X-Men Legends stories.

I read a lot of New Mutants original volume as a kid and long for an X-Men Legends arc or two focusing on the late Claremont period of the book when Magneto was running the school. Or maybe another fun one-shot like War Children from a couple of years back.

I'm also a massive Rachel Summers fan so would love it if Marvel ever decided to release something to fill in the gap the aborted Phoenix mini series would have by covering her time in Mojoworld in between Wolverine stabbing her and Excalibur. Not sure if it would ever make financial sense for Mavrel, but i'd love to see it.

Spectacular Member

At the minute I am really getting my fix of X-Men Nostalgia and long may that continue.

X-Men Elsewhen
    X-Men Legends
    X-Men 92
    and X-Men 97 when it comes out.
    I would even throw X-Men Grand Design into that list if you want a tweaked Mutant history lesson.

Spectacular Member

I absolutely hated the animated series.

Grew up with Claremont and that **** was not his baby by any stretch.

Spectacular Member

According to Sims and Bowers the 92 universe wasn't really canon to the animated universe and that's also on the wiki page too.
    Last edited by Houseofhick; 01-15-2022 at 10:34 AM.

We havent get a XMEN LIFE STORY. Yet.

May not be to popular for ppl on this site but for alot of casuals and even diehards that era is fondly remembered for many reasons even though I think the stories of late 70s and the 80s were better...90s was a mixed bag but there was some good imo especially the early to mid 90s....And the fact is X-Men has never quite risen to those heights again in terms of popularity or commercial success and probably never will.

If something is excessively preoccupied with its own past then that’s usually a sure sign that it’s on the way out.