Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Don't think my pull has changed too much from earlier in the year, other than some books ending, like Green Lantern, Naomi, or Other History of the DCU.....

Right now I'm getting

Action
    Son of Kal-El, and I'll grab that Adventures miniseries when it launches.
    Superman Space Age, and pretty much all other Superman miniseries and Elseworlds they make. I'll be getting the relaunched Superman book too, of course.
    Nightwing
    Azreal, though my LCS lost my copy of #2 and I'm waiting on a replacement so I'm behind on the book already.
    World's Finest
    Harley Quinn and all related Harley one-shots and mini's, though those are my wife's books far more than mine.
    Shazam, or whatever Mary's current mini is called. Damned good book.
    Dark Crisis
    Dark Crisis Young Justice

I trade wait Flash. My LCS screwed up and I fell behind on Aquamen (they got new guys working there and they kinda suck at the job) so I'll be grabbing that trade, and I wanna catch up on Wonder Woman so I'll be doing that via trade too.

That might be it? Maybe a couple others I'm forgetting right now. I'll be grabbing Stargirl, JSA, and Lazarus Planet when those come out. Definitely grabbing the upcoming Milestone stuff too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, the list changes with each ending and beginning. As of November 2022. However, there aren't any ongoings on my list. They're all limited series or one-shots.

I'm getting the new Earth Two books: New Golden Age, Stargirl's mini, and the 12 issue JSA series.
    Superman: Space Age is ending this month.
    I'm also getting Dark Crisis and Human Target.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    . . . I'm getting the new Earth Two books: New Golden Age, Stargirl's mini, and the 12 issue JSA series...
    I did finally decide to add those to my pull list. We'll see how they go and whether we get Geoff Johns books that stay on something close to on time (for a change).

None.

That’s right.

None.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

I don't have the patients to list them all here but between DC (mostly), Marvel, and independent books I'm pulling probably 20-25 a month...

So way to much but I'm very excited about comics these days.

Batman and Detective Comics are amazing right now, so those are my primary two....and the only continuing titles that i'm reading.

I was really enjoying Batman/Superman, but it looks like it's going in a more campy direction.

Elseworld stories: DC vs Vampires and the Human Target are great! I'm also buying Dark Crisis.

Mini series: Poison Ivy has been really good! I'm also reading Bruce Campbell's Sgt Rock.

That's it. Comics are rather pricey north of the border, otherwise I would be looking to pick up the Flash.

Action Comics
    Superman: Son of Kal-El (soon to be cancelled)

Batman
    Nightwing

Wonder Woman
    Flash

Black Adam *mini
    Dark Crisis *mini
    Dark Crisis: Young Justice *mini
    Multiversity: Teen Justice *mini

On my list for the future: New Golden Age, Stargirl mini, JSA 12 issue mini

It's interesting how in one year so many of my pulls are now mini's.
    Also, my list from a year ago is down by about 40%, and from 2 years ago is down by 60%.
    I would easily be picking up titles for the following: JLA, a Titans ongoing, a Shazam ongoing, a non-Bendis Legion ongoing, Super Sons, Hawkman.
    Also possibly a Supergirl ongoing (where she's on Earth not consigned off to space AGAIN), an Aquaman ongoing, GL ongoing (depending on direction).

I used to have to go to the LCS every 2 weeks to keep up with my titles...now I can easily go once a month and be done reading in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, we began a new calendar year couple of weeks ago, so what DC comics are you buying these days?
    Still three years without a DC drink!

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

October: Nothing.
    (I don't count the Black Adam tie-in I got as a gift)

November: Maybe and yes.

The Golden Age #1
    Justice Society of America #1
    Stargirl: The Lost Children #1

It depends on what I hear about the plot. I really like the Justice Society, but I'm not going to buy something I don't think I'll enjoy it. If the first issue catches me, I'll wait and hear how the rest plays out and if everything sounds good and interesting, I'll buy the paperbacks.

House of El by Claudia Gray
    This series was a surprising hit for me considering I just happened to pick it up on a whim one day, and I want to see how it ends.

December: Maybe
    Danger Street

It'll depend on the amount of Doctor Fate (and if Doctor Fate gets to be an actual good character) because while the idea for the plot sounds interesting, it's tied with a bunch of things I'm either indifferent to or don't care about (ex. Darkseid)
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 10-27-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

OK so here's my buy list for January 2023.

STARGIRL THE LOST CHILDREN #3 (OF 6)
    JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #3 (OF 12)
    FLASH ONE-MINUTE WAR SPECIAL #1 (ONE SHOT)
    FLASH #791 MARCO DALFONSO CARD STOCK COVER
    FLASH #791 INC 1:25 KIM JACINTO CARD STOCK COVER
    FLASH #791 DANIEL BAYLISS CARD STOCK COVER
    FLASH #791
    BATMAN SUPERMAN WORLDS FINEST #11
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    . . . December: Maybe
    Danger Street

It'll depend on the amount of Doctor Fate (and if Doctor Fate gets to be an actual good character) because while the idea for the plot sounds interesting, it's tied with a bunch of things I'm either indifferent to or don't care about (ex. Darkseid)
    Well, don't forget Danger Street has ties to the 13-issue run of 1st Issue Special from back in 1975-1976, and issue #13 featured "Return of the New Gods" (which included Darkseid).

Here's a link that should show you the covers to all 13 of those issues: https://www.comics.org/series/2212/covers/