View Poll Results: How old is Peter Parker (616)?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 3.33%

0 0%

1 3.33%

4 13.33%

2 6.67%

5 16.67%
  • older (please specify)

17 56.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

There's no mathematical formula to Marvel time. The characters are as old as the comics say they are at any given time. Peter is a young adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think he’s between 25 and 30.

A large range I know.Pre-BND, I would have said he was near or around 30.

But somewhere down the line, it seems that Peter has been de-aged. This isn’t restricted to the comics as in video games and movies Peter Parker’s depiction seems to be skewing younger and younger.
    Even in video games his facial models get younger and younger looking just looking at Insomniac Peter .

I don't play the compression game, myself. To me, it should always be 10 years since the founding events of Marvel comics. (Parker getting bitten, Tony Stark building his armor in a cave with a box of scraps, the Reed Richards undershielding his spaceship, etc) The reason being ten years is the perfect amount of time, since it's long enough for many adventures, but small enough that you can suspend disbelief about no one aging much. Past 10 years even people with great genetics who take excellent care of themselves are visibly older.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I’d say Normie Osborn is more of a time stamp to Peter than Kitty will ever be. Since he is the child of Peter’s PEERS (people who are literally the same age as he is). Though it’d be hilarious if they tried to retcon Peter into being a teenage college student, who wasn’t legally an adult, while his friends were several years older than him.
    I mean, if we use Normie it still doesn't make sense, 'cause he was born in the 80's, now he looks like an early teen, so it means Peter should be on his 30's now (Even if we say Harry was 20 when Normie was born, that still means both him and Peter should be 30), but Marvel says he's mid-20's now, so that doesn't make sense, unless Harry had a kid when he was 13 lol.

Hell, another one on Spidey's supporting cast where this makes no sense is Kristy, since she was 13 in ASM in the 90's, and when Conway brought her back, she was like, 18, she aged 5 years while Peter didn't age.

I used Kitty as an example 'cause she was around back in the times Marvel was bitchy about keeping things in continuity, and Kitty was allowed to speedrun her aging anyways, and Jim Shooter hasn't been an EiC in a very long time, so yeah, we'll just get more ridiculous aging now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I see him as 28.

edit: this is somewhat scary for me, because I'm 27 and I can't imagine that at some point I'm going to be older than mah boi Peter.
    According to current Marvel, you already are .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even in video games his facial models get younger and younger looking just looking at Insomniac Peter .
    Don't remind me, new Peter's face looks so odd... Then again, the older one ironically made him look too old, you could say he looks like he's 30 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't play the compression game, myself. To me, it should always be 10 years since the founding events of Marvel comics. (Parker getting bitten, Tony Stark building his armor in a cave with a box of scraps, the Reed Richards undershielding his spaceship, etc) The reason being ten years is the perfect amount of time, since it's long enough for many adventures, but small enough that you can suspend disbelief about no one aging much. Past 10 years even people with great genetics who take excellent care of themselves are visibly older.
    Well, Marvel officially tends to say it's been 13/14/15 years since F4's debut, so logically Peter should be late 20's at least, but even if math says that 15+13 = 28, Marvel says it equals 25 lol.

And honestly, trying to say everything happened in 10 years is iffy, because Marvel's first 4 years or so advanced in real time, so it'd mean the vast majority of Marvel's stories happened in 6 years in-universe.

It's still ridiculous regardless if it's 15 years, since it'd mean most of the stories happened in 11 years, but at least it'd be slightly less so.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    According to current Marvel, you already are .

He turns 60 this year.

still 28 though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    still 28 though
    Pretty sure he's 23 in that game, isn't it said a few times he's only been active for 8 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Pretty sure he's 23 in that game, isn't it said a few times he's only been active for 8 years?
    ah yes 23 that where i got the 8 from
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Don't remind me, new Peter's face looks so odd... Then again, the older one ironically made him look too old, you could say he looks like he's 30 lol.
    I won't deny it but I think it fit Yuri's voice better. And definitely hit the mark more than the Tom Holland-esque baby face they updated him with.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with you but he can't remain there long in a shared universe because there is one major problem Kamala's & Miles' generation. Every time one of them has a milestone Peter will need to get that much older. Marvel shot themselves in the foot once they introduced and focused on a large group of teenage characters much younger than Peter.
    Yeah - any more major timeskips and Miles and Kamala will need to graduate high school. Both of them have had family members go through a pregnancy since Secret Wars, so that's at least a year there. Kamala debuted at 16, and SW caused an eight month timeskip (causing Squirrel Girl to go from first year to second year at university) so Kamala and Miles ought to both be in their senior year by now.

Being part of the X-Men ages you a lot (setting aside time travel and limbo).

Now that you mention it, Miles went from 13 to 18 pretty fast after SW.
    He went from 13-16 before SW. And yes, should be 18 now.

Peter should be 29-30.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

He should be late 20s.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    He turns 60 this year.
    Don't you mean 75?