View Poll Results: How old is Peter Parker (616)?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 3.33%

0 0%

1 3.33%

4 13.33%

2 6.67%

5 16.67%
  • older (please specify)

17 56.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Why should they care about that logic now? Kitty was introduced as a 13 year old girl back when Peter was in college, she probably aged 7 years at least while he aged like, 3 at best since then, if we consider the "Mid-20's" age they're pushing now that is, and nowadays Kitty looks like she's around Peter's age, which should be impossible lol.

Either way, if we follow recent stuff, he should be above 30 now, 28 before Secret Wars' 8 months time skip, should be 29 after it, and Slott closed off his run by saying that an year have passed since the beginning of volume 4 (Or at least, the end of that worldwide arc), but following such logic doesn't work in comic books lol.
    Yeah, they might not care but we fans do and with a huge group of aging teens now younger than him, the illusion will wear ever thinner and the logic every more deluded. When Peter and his supporting cast were the young hip crowd maintaining that illusion was far easier not so now.

PS I firmly believe an event will someday age down Peter and maybe key members (such as Aunt May) of his supporting so he is logically younger than Miles, no joke...
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-15-2022 at 08:18 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    At the rate Marvel is going Miles will be 28 with a steady relationship while Peter is skipping 4th period to stop Scorpion.
    hahaha, indeed
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, they might not care but we fans do and with a huge group of aging teens now younger than him, the illusion will wear ever thinner and the logic every more deluded. When Peter and his supporting cast were the young hip crowd maintaining that illusion was far easier not so now.
    Yeah but that's the thing, we're talking about a Marvel that had Jim Shooter, a guy who was really annoying about keeping continuity, allow Kitty to speedrun her aging back then.

If that was allowed back then, then it's far worse now, 'cause nowadays continuity means jack **** unless you're Ewing, Busiek or Spencer (Even then I'm not even sure if Spencer was as good with continuity outside of ASM), it's definitely not enforced, so we can have more Kittys around, and we're definitely having 'em lol.

PS I firmly believe an event will someday age down Peter and maybe key members (such as Aunt May) of his supporting so he is logically younger than Miles, no joke...
    Aunt May already got de-aged in the 90's, so yeah, won't be surprised if they do it again.

As for Peter being de-aged even further, unfortunately it's a big possibility, but I don't think they'll even bother with events, just do it like Spencer did and start to mention Peter's age at a smaller number, while I kinda doubt they'll go lower than mid-20's, we're talking about the same company that thinks a deal with the devil is a better alternative than divorce, so yeah, expect anything lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Why should they care about that logic now? Kitty was introduced as a 13 year old girl back when Peter was in college, she probably aged 7 years at least while he aged like, 3 at best since then, if we consider the "Mid-20's" age they're pushing now that is, and nowadays Kitty looks like she's around Peter's age, which should be impossible lol.

Either way, if we follow recent stuff, he should be above 30 now, 28 before Secret Wars' 8 months time skip, should be 29 after it, and Slott closed off his run by saying that an year have passed since the beginning of volume 4 (Or at least, the end of that worldwide arc), but following such logic doesn't work in comic books lol.
    Being part of the X-Men ages you a lot (setting aside time travel and limbo).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaychance View Post
    At the rate Marvel is going Miles will be 28 with a steady relationship while Peter is skipping 4th period to stop Scorpion.
    Now that you mention it, Miles went from 13 to 18 pretty fast after SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Being part of the X-Men ages you a lot (setting aside time travel and limbo).
    Might be a mutant thing, normal humans just get grey hair or whatever if they get stressed, meanwhile X-Men reach puberty faster .

Now that you mention it, Miles went from 13 to 18 pretty fast after SW.
    I'm pretty sure he was aging pretty fast in Ultimate universe itself before he moved to 616 too, which's actually funny compared to Peter when just one year passed between Ultimate Spider-Man#1 and his death lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Also, in the latest Ghost Spider series, it is mentioned multiple times how Peter is much older than Gwen. Since Gwen is 20, Peter has to be around 30. I really wish Marvel would just straight up admit he’s 30-31, but it always depends on the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    Also, in the latest Ghost Spider series, it is mentioned multiple times how Peter is much older than Gwen. Since Gwen is 20, Peter has to be around 30. I really wish Marvel would just straight up admit he’s 30-31, but it always depends on the writer.
    I wonder if this says something about how people come off around different age groups, so like Peter comes off much older to newer twenty-somethings but it's less pronounced around people his age/experience level.

Ultimate Member

I think he’s between 25 and 30.

A large range I know.Pre-BND, I would have said he was near or around 30.

But somewhere down the line, it seems that Peter has been de-aged. This isn’t restricted to the comics as in video games and movies Peter Parker’s depiction seems to be skewing younger and younger.

Mighty Member

I’d say Normie Osborn is more of a time stamp to Peter than Kitty will ever be. Since he is the child of Peter’s PEERS (people who are literally the same age as he is). Though it’d be hilarious if they tried to retcon Peter into being a teenage college student, who wasn’t legally an adult, while his friends were several years older than him.

Parker became Spider-Man at 16 and just recently turned 26. Spider-Man should always have just recently turned 26.

BANNED

29 for sure at the end of One More Day. He had had a 10 year reunion at Midtown high in Millar's run, which was 2004, and was already 26 in the clone saga. So he'd be about 33-34 now if Marvel time is "every 3 years = 1 year." Of course, I tend to think post-Brand New Day Spidey is a different de-aged character, so who knows in that case, he acts about 12.

I see him as 28.

edit: this is somewhat scary for me, because I'm 27 and I can't imagine that at some point I'm going to be older than mah boi Peter.
    Last edited by Reilly; 01-16-2022 at 04:23 AM.

Just went through Zdarsky’s SSM time travel story again, Peter is confirmed to be 31 in it. They travel back to a little after Peter started his career, it is stated he is 16 at this point. After Pete, Teresa, and JJJ travel back to the present, although they aren’t in their own timeline, Norman states it had been 15 years since Peter had defeated him in the past. This puts Peter at 31 in Zdarsky’s run, which makes a lot of sense. However, this all got thrown into question with Spencer’s “mid 20’s” comment by MJ. I like to think of him as 31 as it gives the 616 timeline more space to breathe, but it all depends on the writer. I believe it was also stated recently in FF that it had been over 15 years since they were formed, again placing Peter in his early 30s. I also went back through some single issues that focused on the topic of age, and jokes are always made about Pete being “ancient” and “dad age” by characters around early 20s most likely. If anyone wants scans of these moments let me know.

Astonishing Member

I see him as being at least 30, and most likely a couple of years older.

A lot of rationales have been provided here for why Peter would logically be over 30 by now. I propose another one - ''Marvel Time''. The concept that every 4 years in real-world time roughly approximates to 1 year in-universe.

Of course, in the early years, the Marvel Universe operated in something approximating real-time. For instance, Peter went from being a 15 year old high-schooler in 1962 to an 18 year old college freshman in 1965. Ergo, Marvel Time kicks in for Spider-Man around 1965, when he enrolls in college. It's been 56-57 years since then in real-life, which translates to 14 years in Marvel Time. And Peter was Spider-Man for 3 years before that...meaning he's been Spidey for 17 years in total, making him 32 now.

The time compression also works pretty well when you consider many of Peter's personal and professional milestones across the decades.

1. He graduates college in 1978 (i.e. 13 years since he was a college freshman, a little over 3 years in Marvel Time), making him 21. Okay, it should actually be 22 (it's not a perfect model!), but still, close enough.

2. He gets married in 1987 (i.e. 22 years since he was a college freshman, a little over 5 years in Marvel Time), making him 23. Which is plausible enough.

3. He becomes a high school teacher in 2001 (i.e. 36 years since he was a college freshman, 9 years in Marvel Time), making him 27. Which makes sense.

4. He (or rather Ock posing as him, but still) founds Parker Industries in 2013 (i.e. 48 years since he was a college freshman, 12 years in Marvel Time), making him 30. Again, makes sense.

And in-universe, it's been 2 years since then (since it's been over 8 years in real-life).

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I see him as being at least 30, and most likely a couple of years older.

A lot of rationales have been provided here for why Peter would logically be over 30 by now. I propose another one - ''Marvel Time''. The concept that every 4 years in real-world time roughly approximates to 1 year in-universe.

Of course, in the early years, the Marvel Universe operated in something approximating real-time. For instance, Peter went from being a 15 year old high-schooler in 1962 to an 18 year old college freshman in 1965. Ergo, Marvel Time kicks in for Spider-Man around 1965, when he enrolls in college. It's been 56-57 years since then in real-life, which translates to 14 years in Marvel Time. And Peter was Spider-Man for 3 years before that...meaning he's been Spidey for 17 years in total, making him 32 now.

The time compression also works pretty well when you consider many of Peter's personal and professional milestones across the decades.

1. He graduates college in 1978 (i.e. 13 years since he was a college freshman, a little over 3 years in Marvel Time), making him 21. Okay, it should actually be 22 (it's not a perfect model!), but still, close enough.

2. He gets married in 1987 (i.e. 22 years since he was a college freshman, a little over 5 years in Marvel Time), making him 23. Which is plausible enough.

3. He becomes a high school teacher in 2001 (i.e. 36 years since he was a college freshman, 9 years in Marvel Time), making him 27. Which makes sense.

4. He (or rather Ock posing as him, but still) founds Parker Industries in 2013 (i.e. 48 years since he was a college freshman, 12 years in Marvel Time), making him 30. Again, makes sense.

And in-universe, it's been 2 years since then (since it's been over 8 years in real-life).
    And it even matches up neatly with Zdarsky having him be 31 not too long ago in real life