Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default My Personal Comprehensive Analysis on the Sentry vs Photon Feat

(keep in mind this is all of my opinion, you are free to point out my mistake if there is any)

Today my thread will be about my comprehensive analysis of the Sentry vs Photon battle since many people have some confusions about the battle, especially what category of busting would Sentry's energy escaping the Microverse would be. In this I will be calculating the area of distance that the ball of energy was encompassing rather then the energy expended(as I am still in the middle of calculating it)

Anyway, here is the scan aforementioned so a basic summary of events basically the Avengers(Spiderman, Captain America, Iron man and Sentry) fight off the enemies(Speed Demon, Photon and Melissa), Sentry and Photon do not wish to destroy the earth so photon sends them both to the Microverse, a universe where atoms are planets, its basically a universe within a universe its like the Microverse Microverse universe concept. So anyway, in the scan, their power is shrankified/scale factored down since their in a completely different dimension where matter is much smaller. After Photon(Genis Vell) teleported them to the Microverse, they soon start to letting go a bit more of their power, and the narration states while they are destroying multiple planets(entire worlds shredded), Captain America states that they are still holding back, which imo is some incredible power display from both the Sentry and Photon. Later on, Photon BFRs Captain America and Sentry cut loose even more of his immeasurable energy, which makes a candle light equivalent flame seen on Iron Mans armor.

Some would and have argued that it is a galaxy busting feat and heck even a universal feat at least since it shows the blast appearing outside the universe/Microverse, however with some math's done

https://socratic.org/questions/if-th...-the-galaxy-be

From the website, it can be seen that if the earth was the size of an atom, the galaxy would be 8km in length. From this, we can obviously disprove that sentry pulled a galaxy busting attack since a galaxy busting attack would have killed off iron man and the others along with people within an 8km radius. But from what we can say that the light seen on Iron Mans armor, I personally would say that it is the same energy equivalent of a supernova in the Microverse, and since the power is only scaled down to the Microverse, ergo we can say sentry can replicate it on the normal universe)( I will try to prove this later). We know that supernovas have the same brightness as a galaxy or even more, plus are common solar system+ busters. You have to remember this is all while the sentry is holding back, which imo is an immense display of power from The Golden Guardian of Good.

In order to further solidly my stance, I will do some quick math's. Remember solar system diameter is 9.09 billion km, and using the same formula as before, earth/atom=solar system/x, x=solar system times atom/earth. from this calculation, we get the solar system measurement as 7.13x10^-5m.

Now using the pixels in the scan to see how big the candle light flame which the sentry was emitting, it took a while,(DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING HERE FROM NOW IS PURELY THEORETICAL SO I MIGHT BE VERY WRONG, BUT IDK ITS KINDA SEEMING RIGHT TO ME TBH), But I found that it is 342x375 pixels which equal an area/distance of 506 pixels, and using the conversion of the pixels to meters, I have found that the blast is covering an area of 0.134, or 13.4cm, and tbh it seems kind of right to me, judging from the candle flame seen on Iron Mans armor.

So let Earth be the scale of what im going to use, where the Earth=Atom=1x10^-10m, and using the blast area/earth as atom, that means about 1340000000 Microverse Earths are being destroyed by the Sentry's blast hypothetically of course, which when we convert to the real life universe or the Macroverse length,1340000000x12472km which equals a distance of 1.707428x10^13km of area being destroyed or converting to light year distance, where light travels 9.461e+12km in a year, its about 1.80741993447 light years of area destroyed or just about 2 light years of area desecrated. Although keep in mind none of the software I used is professional/I just found some random websites.

I divided the area that was busted by the Sentry's energy emission by the diameter of the solar system (\frac{17099512850790.322}{9.09\cdot10^{9}}) which gives an answer of 1881.134527 times, however this is the distance from the sun to Neptune's orbit so now lets do from the furthest observable object in our solar system, from that (]\frac{17099512850790.322}{287.46\cdot10^{9}}), we get 59.48484259 times meaning from Sentry's energy being leaked and shown from the Microverse would destroy our solar system nearly 60 times over, holy mother of Jesus that is some insane power.

In my personal opinion, this feat should be considered Solar System+ at the very least and Multi Solar System level busting at max.

DISCLAIMER IN CASE I START A FLAME WAR: THIS IS ALL THEORETICAL AND I AM NOT A SCIENTIST NOR DO I HAVE REED RICHARDS LEVEL INTELLIGENCE, I AM A MERE PROSPECTING COLLEGE STUDENT WHO IS TRYING TO LOGIC HIS WAY INTO MAKE SENTRY'S FEAT A QUANTIFIABLE ONE WHICH I PROBABLY DID NOT DO SO WELL BUT I TRIED MY BEST.
    Last edited by MasterDebater1; 01-16-2022 at 07:24 PM.

Amazing Member

anyone here?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterDebater1 View Post
    anyone here?
    An interesting analysis on the feat to be sure but just as a quick fyi, we generally don't bump threads like this. I know you were just curious, and you're new here, so it's not that big of a deal. Just letting you know.

With that out of the way! Welcome to the forum!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Amazing Member

ah ok makes sense

i just wanted to calculate his feat and categorize it because imo this is one of sentry's most impressive feat and no-one seems to use it, but yeah thanks for the reminder

ah ok makes sense

i just wanted to calculate his feat and categorize it because imo this is one of sentry's most impressive feat and no-one seems to use it, but yeah thanks for the reminder
    You're welcome! I think you'll have a bright future here.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

In my personal opinion, this feat should be considered Solar System+ at the very least and Multi Solar System level busting at max.
    Without commenting on your calculations here specifically, I think people already and just conservatively nitty gritty accepted this feat was enough to show Sentry comfortably punched above the Herald class, in addition to like a dozen other things he's done by now. Including the Annihilation Scourge feat of the Void muscling an intended to be momentary personal ship portal into becoming highly visible within the main universe from the Negative Zone (even Dragon Ball, the most popular franchise for "let's strap power levels and calcs to a rocket and never look back" focused on space breaking from sheer power level as a thing until the Buu saga).

Amazing Member

Yeh agreed, I just tried to approximate the feat and see the level of destruction caused by it, whichd then help to put sentry in the tier he should be in

calculations aren't exactly the best tbh, but its the best I got tbh

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Also, pixel counting is a very dubious metric of scaling something because it would be impacted by the quality of the scans you are using.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Everyone here pretty much accepts Sentry's level, and that feat was definitely an important one in establishing it. You are preaching to the converted.

We don't place him as a galaxy buster, but he's way past planet-buster.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I'd probably also point out that putting hard calcs on anything to do with comic book feats is at best a bad idea. Nifty as the maths is, most writers aren't basing their feats on the actual science and maths.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'd probably also point out that putting hard calcs on anything to do with comic book feats is at best a bad idea. Nifty as the maths is, most writers aren't basing their feats on the actual science and maths.
    I'll second this.

As a person who has dabbled in a fair amount of calcs and feat exploration in various capacities, I would stress that calcs are meant to be instructional, indicative and ballpark-y kind of affairs rather than ironclad "this is what the feat is literally doing," sorts of things.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-18-2022 at 04:56 AM.

Amazing Member

would you consider him solar system buster?

I personally consider him a multi solar system buster, but i might be wanking him a bit tbh

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Myself, I would personally have zero issues putting him on a level with people who can destroy solar systems. This feat, his casual manhandling of planet busters, the fact that he's busting through Strange's best shields, etc.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'll second this.

As a person who has dabbled in a fair amount of calcs and feat exploration in various capacities, I would stress that calcs are meant to be instructional, indicative and ballpark-y kind of affairs rather than ironclad "this is what the feat is literally doing," sorts of things.
    Sometimes I feel myself thinking "this math/science shows exactly what's happening", and then I remember the "pet black hole" in that Beta Ray Bill comic that created a Space Tornado™ and didn't actually do anything like a black hole, and then kinda just exploded or whatever... and I stop myself.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sometimes I feel myself thinking "this math/science shows exactly what's happening", and then I remember the "pet black hole" in that Beta Ray Bill comic that created a Space Tornado™ and didn't actually do anything like a black hole, and then kinda just exploded or whatever... and I stop myself.
    Right there with you guys.

I'm also not a huge fan of 'tiers', preferring to just compare feats.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate