Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    That's because they are seriously not mutally exclusive. They are two separate scenarios.

But sure, it could be written that way if one was like Slott and coulnd't be bothered about characterization. You could also write Peter was hit by a brick and missed his wedd-- I mean, plane. You could write anything. It's fiction, after all. Not good fiction, but sure, it's physically possible to write that.

But that's not how characterization works. Sorry.

As I recall, Peter cared about his studies. He didn't forget about them because he was too busy trying to pull his thumb out of his tights, as Slott wrote him 99.9878% of the time. There's a big difference between being legitimately busy and occupied with one responsibility and thus failing to fulfill a second responsibility, and being immature and childish and that's what causes you to not fulfull most of your responsibilities.
    So basically Slott wrote him the same as literally every other Spider-Man writer. That’s good to know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    So basically Slott wrote him the same as literally every other Spider-Man writer. That’s good to know.
    That's the precise opposite of what I wrote, but I have a feeling you already know that.

Astonishing Member

That's the precise opposite of what I wrote, but I have a feeling you already know that.
    I know, but I read ASM from beginning to end, and I didn’t see a difference.

Astonishing Member

I know, but I read ASM from beginning to end, and I didn’t see a difference.
    In the other thread you also think Bugs Bunny is a soap opera, so *shrug*

Astonishing Member

In the other thread you also think Bugs Bunny is a soap opera, so *shrug*
    What else would you call a long running program where you just watch people be dickish to each other?

Astonishing Member

1. I would love for the personal drama stuff to just be a B-Plot at best.

2. Peter should hang out with MJ and Harry.

3. Peter should get new villains. Mostly sci-fi villains, but the door is open for mystical ones. I think his mafia ones are overrated.

4. Peter and Ben start working to gether rather than Ben being stuffed into storage to be forgotten about.

1. I would love for the personal drama stuff to just be a B-Plot at best.

2. Peter should hang out with MJ and Harry.

3. Peter should get new villains. Mostly sci-fi villains, but the door is open for mystical ones. I think his mafia ones are overrated.

4. Peter and Ben start working to gether rather than Ben being stuffed into storage to be forgotten about.
    Hmmm the TAS take on Vulture was actually magical, sooo.... maybe... that was a good take IMO.

Astonishing Member

What else would you call a long running program where you just watch people be dickish to each other?
    Soap operas are serials. Looney Tunes is not a serial in any sense of the word.

But again, I have the feeling you already know that so any further attempts to discuss in good faith would be moot.

Extraordinary Member

I want MJ to update Peter's wardrobe with maybe a dozen suits with a rat pack flair.

Extraordinary Member

Harry Osborn not to be seen as an expendable member of the supporting cast and not continually killed off for the sake of tragedy. Flash Thompson, too.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 01-27-2022 at 02:46 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm the TAS take on Vulture was actually magical, sooo.... maybe... that was a good take IMO.
    Technically, TAS Vulture had his lifeforce-draining talons reverse-engineered from the Tablet of Time, which might have just been ancient, but advanced technology that looked like magic to the untrained or uninitiated. Not that magic didn't exist in TAS, as Doctor Strange and Baron Mordo proved in their guest appearances, but still. That said, I do agree with bringing back Flash at some point, especially now that he and Peter know each other's super identities. Still waiting on that reunion after King in Black and Extreme Carnage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

I would like the return of his supporting cast. They don't ever seem to get together, no birthday parties or house warmings. There used to be a point where Peter would have a social life: I remember he went to see a laser light show, went to Coney Island, watched one of the Star Trek movies, etc. I want more of that. Also I would like the artists to actually try drawing New York not just random buildings. Ross Andru made NY a part of the book back in the day.
    What does Peter even do for a living now? Is he still in college? For the past few years, Spider-man has jumped from one crisis/crossover/event to the next, each one escalating the ramifications over the last but the Spider-office has let the more relatable human aspects of the book fall away

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    I would like the return of his supporting cast. They don't ever seem to get together, no birthday parties or house warmings. There used to be a point where Peter would have a social life: I remember he went to see a laser light show, went to Coney Island, watched one of the Star Trek movies, etc. I want more of that. Also I would like the artists to actually try drawing New York not just random buildings. Ross Andru made NY a part of the book back in the day.
    What does Peter even do for a living now? Is he still in college? For the past few years, Spider-man has jumped from one crisis/crossover/event to the next, each one escalating the ramifications over the last but the Spider-office has let the more relatable human aspects of the book fall away
    As far as I can tell...there has been no job since Science Editor at the Bugle...so somehow he has been living and paying for college. It would be nice if they at least said he had some money left over from the Parker Industries days.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Not just the Spider-Office, but Marvel overall. Seeing the characters in their more human, unguarded moments and interacting on a level more like that of ordinary people seems to be a luxury now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    As far as I can tell...there has been no job since Science Editor at the Bugle...so somehow he has been living and paying for college. It would be nice if they at least said he had some money left over from the Parker Industries days.
    According to the more recent Ghost-Spider/Spider-Gwen comics, Curt Connors gave him a job as his teaching assistant in Empire State University, which Spider-Gwen was attending on a scholarship for interdimensional travelers set up by Tony Stark.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, TAS Vulture had his lifeforce-draining talons reverse-engineered from the Tablet of Time, which might have just been ancient, but advanced technology that looked like magic to the untrained or uninitiated. Not that magic didn't exist in TAS, as Doctor Strange and Baron Mordo proved in their guest appearances, but still. That said, I do agree with bringing back Flash at some point, especially now that he and Peter know each other's super identities. Still waiting on that reunion after King in Black and Extreme Carnage.
    hmmmmm the "Tablet of Time" was apparently based on this thing: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lifeline_Tablet Ancient knowledge so old even Selene Gallio probably doesn't understand it. Magic? Science? neither? does anyone know? heheheeheh Oh also the MCU version was in ODIN's vault!

In case you're wondering the runes on the MCU one seem to spell out "Those who sit".

The TAS one seemingly has more than just information though, which,... is interesting.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 01-28-2022 at 03:46 PM.