Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

End of OMD. It’s a dark mark on all things Spidey that needs addressing, not forgetting.

Have Peter and Miles share a title, allowing both to shine.

New villains.

Romance with MJ.

Personal stakes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Wilson Fisk says hello.
    Along with Tombstone, Hammerhead, Rose, Mr. Negative, etc.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    10: Humor: More humor is needed. I hated the fact that Spencer’s run had no quips. What is wrong with comparing Doc Ock’s hair with Moe from the 3 Stooges?
    11: Fewer “Big stories” I had enough of Last Remains type epics. Many of the best Spider-Man stories in history were done in one, two or three issues.
    12: More “Victories” for Peter. I do not expect him to win every battle but Peter as a loser ( Slott) or “Damsel In Distress” ( Spencer) got to be too much.
    13: End of OMD.
    14: Get his Phd.
    15: Get a decent job.
    16: A resolution to Theresa. Is she his real sister or not? If she is find a use for her ( besides spy stories). If not remove her from the book once and for all.
    17: No “Spider family” ( except MJ, Aunt May and if she is really his sister Theresa).
    You make a lot of good points. I agree in particular with #11. I get big event fatigue with the constant big story after big story. Also, yes to #12, I would like to see Peter win more battles than he loses and #16 I hope there ends up being some eventual resolution to Theresa's story.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

1. Day in the life, fun little moments and that vibe that it's somebody's life story.
    2. Romance (Pete/MJ), fun dialogue with them, stuff like that.
    3. A good story, a strong run with cool twists and fun fights.
    4. Less interrupted by events and tie-ins with outside things than other Marvel books, if possible.
    5. I give them points for integrity if they don't rely too much on big past retcons.
    6. Surprise me... but in a good way. We'll post here if it's bad.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Wow Tears4Fears! This is some great stuff here. You have a real gift for villain creation and cool names!!

I seriously love all the things you came up with and would love to see Spidey take them on! Different crime bosses with different types of operations in each borough. Brilliant!

For me, I miss Bendis’s Ultimate Spidey. He was really able to take the time to make you care about the characters and their relationships. That MJ was so much more interesting than 616 has been for years.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Idgaf about OMD. I’ve never really liked MJ, I just accepted her there because that’s how it’s been. If they get re-married, so be it. I want good stories, a supporting cast that makes me care about them. I want a companion title, like Spectacular, to help flesh out the cast, and have a crossover on subplots that could become larger stories down the road. I’d like to see a book featuring Black Cat or Silver Sable solo again.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    End of OMD. It’s a dark mark on all things Spidey that needs addressing, not forgetting.

Have Peter and Miles share a title, allowing both to shine.

New villains.

Romance with MJ.

Personal stakes.
    Maybe April Parker? .... yes they did a time travel story with her.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Wow Tears4Fears! This is some great stuff here. You have a real gift for villain creation and cool names!!

I seriously love all the things you came up with and would love to see Spidey take them on! Different crime bosses with different types of operations in each borough. Brilliant!

For me, I miss Bendis’s Ultimate Spidey. He was really able to take the time to make you care about the characters and their relationships. That MJ was so much more interesting than 616 has been for years.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my ideas and for the kind comments. I wish I had a knack for drawing because I can picture the villains that I came up with in my mind, but I cannot put them down on paper. I would definitely need an artist to describe them to. Yes, I agree with you about Bendis's run on Ultimate Spider-Man. He had good character development within each issue. Perhaps some day Ultimate Spider-Man will return.

Astonishing Member

A concrete timeline is my #1 desire despite knowing that I won’t get it.

I feel like all the other wants for the series are meaningless unless we get a timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears4Fears View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to read my ideas and for the kind comments. I wish I had a knack for drawing because I can picture the villains that I came up with in my mind, but I cannot put them down on paper. I would definitely need an artist to describe them to.
    Do you write fan fic? I’d read it.

You should check out Instagram for good amateur artists and see if they’d be interested in making a comic with you. You could take these villains and create a new hero to fight them. They are great Spidey villains for sure but could also be used for your own intellectual property!

Amazing Member

Do you write fan fic? I’d read it.

You should check out Instagram for good amateur artists and see if they’d be interested in making a comic with you. You could take these villains and create a new hero to fight them. They are great Spidey villains for sure but could also be used for your own intellectual property!
    I have not written any fan fiction. The only thing that I started to write was a fantasy novel about a fictitious world called Imaginasia that consists of a realm of dreams and realm of nightmares. However, I only got through about twelve chapters and I have not gone back to it since. Checking out artists on Instagram is not a bad idea. I had not thought of that. I actually was thinking about using the characters in my own created book with the character Face Mask as the hero as opposed to a villain. I like the idea of having a hero with a different mask on each cover. I was thinking that the mask eventually peels away over time and thus diminishing the character's power set until he applies a new mask that restores a different power set to its maximum levels.
    Last edited by Tears4Fears; 01-19-2022 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tears4Fears View Post
    I have not written any fan fiction. The only thing that I started to write was a fantasy novel about a fictitious world called Imaginasia that consists of a realm of dreams and realm of nightmares. However, I only got through about twelve chapters and I have not gone back to it since. Checking out artists on Instagram is not a bad idea. I had not thought of that. I actually was thinking about using the characters in my own created book with the character Face Mask as the hero as opposed to a villain. The like the idea of having a hero with a different mask on each cover. I was thinking that the mask eventually peels away over time and thus diminishing the character's power set until he applies a new mask that restores a different power set to its maximum levels.
    Whoa. Awesome. I sent you a private message but this forum interface is so confusing. I missed a message from 3 years ago I just noticed now. Find me on Instagram @chrishendersonstudio and DM me there. I'd love to chat further.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Oh, and no more scenes of an incompetent Peter/Ben needing to be rescued by kids or Mary Sues. In fact, just get rid of every Spider-powered or influenced hero that isn’t named Peter, Ben, Kaine, Miguel or Miles (I know even that sounds like too much…).
    Sheesh, Spidey fans can be a lot like Barry Allen fans in trying to get rid of other similarly powered characters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    7.) The Black Costume. I will buy any book it appears in.
    With Venom being around for so long, he'll only wear that in the classic "Spidey's pissed" kind of stories, even then the last time he did that was all the way back in Back in Black lol.

8.) No more weird Venom events. I have no more interest in all these convoluted alien space God/ "Klyntar" shenanigans.
    That's kind of a thing for Marvel in general, not just Spidey, it's just annoying we've got like, 4 events trying to be a comics version of Web of Shadows...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Sheesh, Spidey fans can be a lot like Barry Allen fans in trying to get rid of other similarly powered characters lol.

With Venom being around for so long, he'll only wear that in the classic "Spidey's pissed" kind of stories, even then the last time he did that was all the way back in Back in Black lol.

That's kind of a thing for Marvel in general, not just Spidey, it's just annoying we've got like, 4 events trying to be a comics version of Web of Shadows...
    the sheer number of Symbiotes makes them a bit..... well it's the old "conservation of ninjutsu" thing.

Amazing Member

Whoa. Awesome. I sent you a private message but this forum interface is so confusing. I missed a message from 3 years ago I just noticed now. Find me on Instagram @chrishendersonstudio and DM me there. I'd love to chat further.
    OK, will do. Thank you.