Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    more adventures outside of New York City. I wouldn't mind a road trip arc like what's planned for Steve Rogers. But I suppose that would probably end up in a separate mini series.
    a more stable job that's not going to get yanked from under him in a bizarre, convoluted way.
    Either he's making progress in his academic life or just leave it alone. No more plagiarism scandals.

Peter is more respected among his peers, not privately looked upon as just a goofball. Same goes with Spider-Man and his superhero peer groups.

A more reliable police connection. There's no more Watanabe, and no more Jean DeWolff. I have someone in mind, but I'll leave it alone for now.

An expanded social circle. New characters who actually last for a while. Plus some vintage supporting folks who usually have disappeared.

New villains. new villains. new villains. I'm not that interested in the latest super-scheme of Dr. Octopus; I'm not interested in returning him to "Superior Spider-Man" at all. I'm also not interested in any clone shenanigans. Ben still exists? Fine. That's it. I'm not interested in Kaine or the 12 other clones that are floating out there.
    I'm not interested in symbiotes. Flat out. I can't keep track, and the choice to make Brock/Venom nothing less than a cosmic status force is... again, I'm leaving it alone.
    Man what type of new villains do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Man what type of new villains do you want?
    fun physical villains. No masterminds. Preferably no mass murderers, either. And especially after the, uh, "Kindred" saga, no new supernatural based foes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    more adventures outside of New York City. I wouldn't mind a road trip arc like what's planned for Steve Rogers. But I suppose that would probably end up in a separate mini series.
    a more stable job that's not going to get yanked from under him in a bizarre, convoluted way.
    Either he's making progress in his academic life or just leave it alone. No more plagiarism scandals.

Peter is more respected among his peers, not privately looked upon as just a goofball. Same goes with Spider-Man and his superhero peer groups.

A more reliable police connection. There's no more Watanabe, and no more Jean DeWolff. I have someone in mind, but I'll leave it alone for now.

An expanded social circle. New characters who actually last for a while. Plus some vintage supporting folks who usually have disappeared.

New villains. new villains. new villains. I'm not that interested in the latest super-scheme of Dr. Octopus; I'm not interested in returning him to "Superior Spider-Man" at all. I'm also not interested in any clone shenanigans. Ben still exists? Fine. That's it. I'm not interested in Kaine or the 12 other clones that are floating out there.
    I'm not interested in symbiotes. Flat out. I can't keep track, and the choice to make Brock/Venom nothing less than a cosmic status force is... again, I'm leaving it alone.
    I have to agree with you. We need a break. Something different.

Oh and can Doc Ock just.... go elsewhere. Sick of seeing him all the time lately.

Extraordinary Member

Marriage, kids, successful careers, Pete and MJ living in a nice 4 story NYC brownstone.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Marriage, kids, successful careers, Pete and MJ living in a nice 4 story NYC brownstone.
    This honestly. Peter doesn't need to live a perfect life, but one of the major aspects of Spider-Man's story was always his journey growing up. I think this current phase of him being an underachieving loser has been more than played out. IDK about having kids yet, but I would love to see Peter and MJ achieving some success together and facing different problems than what we tend to usually see being repeated over and over again.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    This honestly. Peter doesn't need to live a perfect life, but one of the major aspects of Spider-Man's story was always his journey growing up. I think this current phase of him being an underachieving loser has been more than played out. IDK about having kids yet, but I would love to see Peter and MJ achieving some success together and facing different problems than what we tend to usually see being repeated over and over again.
    we've not seen them as new parents of a super-toddler. that could be fun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I don't necessarily mean kids right conceived on (or before) the honeymoon. Just queue them up for a few years after the marriage. I want twins...a boy and a girl. Let it be a one and done for MJ due to complications.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Once that happens the aunts would need to be looped in on Peter's other life.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Nah, I feel like that's too trope-y. I'd prefer whatever child they have to be normal until they start puberty.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

What about baby May from Dark Ages issue 1. i feel that's a prime example of a good dynamic. They're having dinner and Peter feeds her food while they're hanging from the ceiling

Astonishing Member

Someone mentioned this in another thread, but him being a widower with his and MJ's baby and Aunt May moving in with him (her moving in with him, btw, not him moving in with her) for the support is an idea I just can't get out of my head because I just love it so much. I mean, it definitely shows signs of a growing and maturing Peter who leans on those who love him, but also adds whole new and very adult problems to his life that he's never had to face before. Probably the most original idea re his secret ID in years, while also staying true to the basic DNA of the character of life always being an uphill battle.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Would rather i'd be Aunt May. she's not needed in any plot moving forward really

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Would rather i'd be Aunt May. she's not needed in any plot moving forward really
    That's almost entirely anti-climactic, though. I mean, she's an old lady. That really wouldn't be terribly surprising. And having Pete and MJ have a baby and raise it together...as an idea, there really isn't anything particular new or fresh about that. Pete being a widower having to raise a child and having to lean on Aunt May for support not because he's a man child or any such silly notion like that, but because he's literally responsible for a brand new tiny little human being? That's a completely different angle on the character and their relationship that I don't think anyone's ever really come up with before.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Actually in a way they did in the recent Marvel Zombies mini. MJ became a zombie and Peter became the surrogate dad to Franklin. Also they did it in JJ abrahms son book too which was awful. Basically Pete becomes a deadbeat dad and May ends up caring for his son

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    What plot? There is no big plot in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What plot? There is no big plot in the series.
    She was the old aunt who was always sick that needed to be taken care of the. Other sub plots over the years to running feast. There's literally no need for her character at this point and used as an excuse to status quo can't change