Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Bobbi Morse: Mockingbird Appreciation 2022

"Excuse me, we were in the middle of a heroic gesture on behalf of mankind."
    Bobbi Morse, New Avengers (2010) #9

mockingbird-image.jpg

So, despite 2021 being Bobbi's 50th anniversary in the comics, we unfortunately didn't get any real comics appearances for her outside of a few cameos. The most significant thing she had going on was probably the character in the Wastelanders: Hawkeye podcast, where Bobbi was portrayed by Michelle Hurd. If you haven't listened to it yet, I recommend it.

Aside from that, in the MCU, Laura Barton was revealed to be the former Agent 19, which was Bobbi's designation in the comics, back when she was a SHIELD agent. There are different ways to interpret this reveal and what it means about Agents of SHIELD or Laura's history or whatever, but at the very least, it was a shoutout to the Bobbi of the comics.

Anyway, let's hope that 2022 is a stronger year for her.

To kick things off:

-Who are writers and artists right now that you would like to see tackling Bobbi?
    -Who would you like to see Bobbi team up with, someone she's never worked with before, or had very few interactions?
    -What are some forgotten storylines having to do with her (the truth about her father, the spy agency she ran during the McCann/Lopez run, her psychic abilities, etc.) that you want brought back and explored?

Happy New Year to Bobbi and her fans .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

My first introduction to Bobbi was this issue right here which I bought off the stands of my local drug store. I was completely enamored with her chatty, quippy character and loved her look (I've always loved the state I live in and the Mockingbird is our state bird...I was a nerdy little kid!)

large-1550360.jpg

I then just happened to spot Bobbi on the bottom left corner of the first issue of Hawkeye's first mini series and knew I had to get it. I followed the book and loved every page and then was ecstatic to find her in the Avengers and the West Coast Avengers.

I would love to see Jed McKay take up a Mockingbird run. After his Black Cat and current Moon Knight series, I am not sure he could do any wrong and would love to see where he could take Bobbi. It was unfortunate that her own series was such short lived and garnered such...unusual regard. I would love to see a really solid writer get a shot at her story and make a decent little run with her. Gail Simone would be exceptional, Jed McKay a dream.

This, along with her trenchcoat was my favorite look for her, although the slight adaptation for her series was good to. I'm not crazy about what's she's been wearing.
    Mockingbird-Marvel-Comics-Avengers-Bobbi-Morse.jpg

ya know...maybe Karla can do a storyline with her guesting in Spider-Woman. That could be all kinds of fun too!

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    My first introduction to Bobbi was this issue right here which I bought off the stands of my local drug store. I was completely enamored with her chatty, quippy character and loved her look (I've always loved the state I live in and the Mockingbird is our state bird...I was a nerdy little kid!)

large-1550360.jpg

I then just happened to spot Bobbi on the bottom left corner of the first issue of Hawkeye's first mini series and knew I had to get it. I followed the book and loved every page and then was ecstatic to find her in the Avengers and the West Coast Avengers.

I would love to see Jed McKay take up a Mockingbird run. After his Black Cat and current Moon Knight series, I am not sure he could do any wrong and would love to see where he could take Bobbi. It was unfortunate that her own series was such short lived and garnered such...unusual regard. I would love to see a really solid writer get a shot at her story and make a decent little run with her. Gail Simone would be exceptional, Jed McKay a dream.

This, along with her trenchcoat was my favorite look for her, although the slight adaptation for her series was good to. I'm not crazy about what's she's been wearing.

ya know...maybe Karla can do a storyline with her guesting in Spider-Woman. That could be all kinds of fun too!
    I think McKay would write a good Bobbi.

I also miss the Lopez design. Not that the current costume is bad, but it doesn't feel like Mockingbird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post

large-1550360.jpg

I totally agree about MacKay. I just hope that Marvel keeps giving him solo titles for B- and C-list characters even now that he's getting so popular. I guess the fact that he's got an upcoming Clea book is a good sign.

Would also love to see Mockingbird guest star in Spider-Woman or Black Widow, or even the upcoming She-Hulk book.

Astonishing Member

Happy Valentine's Day, to my fellow Mockingbird fans!

valentines-mockingbird2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Now if only Marvel would show her some love!

PS: What do we think the odds are of Bobbi showing up for an issue or two of the upcoming Thunderbolts?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    PS: What do we think the odds are of Bobbi showing up for an issue or two of the upcoming Thunderbolts?
    IF the series does well enough to expand into an ongoing, I'd say there's a good chance. Jim Zub is fond of Bobbi -- he added her to the cast of his AGENTS OF WAKANDA series, and he included her in his EMPYRE: AVENGERS miniseries.

I wouldn't count on her turning up in the current 5 issue mini though, just because I expect Zub will have his fans full setting up his new cast and new direction for the team, without bringing in other guest stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Very enticing .

I hope we see a guest appearance from Bobbi in the new Thunderbolts book!

Just a little something I worked on. I loved Adrianne as Bobbi and wanted to give her a comics-accurate look. I wish Bobbi was more exposed and included in shows, movies, games, comics, etc.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 06-30-2022 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Just a little something I worked on. I loved Adrianne as Bobbi and wanted to give her a comics-accurate look. I wish Bobbi was more exposed and included in shows, movies, games, comics, etc.
    I think her Lopez costume would probably translate the best but I admit it's probably my favorite next to her classic look.

Bobbi's first real appearance this year was in last week's Amazing Spider-Man #900 anniversary issue. She caught up a little with Peter and sort-of-fought a sort-of-Octo'ed-Jonah together with Black Cat. It was nice to see her after such an extended absence!

Bobbi's first real appearance this year was in last week's Amazing Spider-Man #900 anniversary issue. She caught up a little with Peter and sort-of-fought a sort-of-Octo'ed-Jonah together with Black Cat. It was nice to see her after such an extended absence!
    Kind of random, but it was a random kind of issue.

Astonishing Member

It was a surprise to see her connection with Peter Parker being brought up again, but it was definitely nice to see Mockingbird finally get some panel time again! Here's hoping for bigger and better soon!