Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's still from the Cold War. They explained her as having a Russian knockoff of the super soldier serum, meaning she has the same eternal youth power as Captain America - she's in her 80s (assuming she's been active since the 1960s), but looks under 30. Nick Fury's origin is similar, except of course his version, the Infinity Formula, was an American attempt to recreate the serum.
    I always felt Monica would go for someone older due to her personality. So Adam is a good match. The age thing doesn’t matter to me. Hell, Sabretooth hooked up with Monet. You can’t get more age gap than that.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Although we need to have Monica interact more with Adam's kids as well.
    Totally agree. Monica can't really interact that much with Kevin, since he's the nigh-all powerful guardian of the Neutral Zone, but Max and Adrienne should definitely pop up at some point to find out about the woman in their father's life. It doesn't have to be a major arc, just a few panels with Adrienne and Monica bonding over another Project Pegasus fiasco.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The age thing doesn’t matter to me. Hell, Sabretooth hooked up with Monet. You can’t get more age gap than that.
    I missed that. (And gross...Monet could do better.) Did Sabretooth look like he was approaching "old folk's home" age, or did he look relatively young and virile?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Zub's TB#1 was interesting. In regards to her introduction, I'm not OK with it. I can understand that she can transform herself into hard light but from what I remember she can only use one of the Electomagnetic Spectrum's wavelengths and or radiation. So I'm thinking she can't fly at light speed and also turn parts of her body tangible. She usually become that wavelength and it's properties. gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet radiation, visible light, infrared radiation, and radio waves. Microwaves (like the ones used in microwave ovens) are a subsection of the radio wave segment of the EM Spectrum. She was unique in that Monica was unable to help ppl while using her powers. Yes they did change when she lost them, but since she regained it back originally and even more better and powerful than before thanks to Blue Marvel.

Theory on her Mini - I hope that delivery is that Dark Star from Captain $*#! From NEXTWAVE last seen ASM: Beyond cuz she's still Photon from that time frame. She changed name and costume for Mighty Avengers.
    Dec 7 is SOOO far.

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    So I'm thinking she can't fly at light speed and also turn parts of her body tangible.
    Kind of begs the question, at what speed does "solid light" travel?

This is all theoretical, but when photons bond into a "hard" form, they would likely lose energy, but gain mass. This means that they would move slower than the speed of light -- like maybe 10^5 slower -- but that is still ridiculously fast considering the speed of light in a vacuum is around 299,792,458 meters per second.

I think Monica would be able to turn part of her body into solid light while the rest of her is intangible light. She just wouldn't move completely at the speed of light when she does that. And visually, it would appear that her form was elastic as the solid portion of her form would have mass and show a dragging effect. Not that the normal human eye would be able to really perceive it, unless they were viewing Monica at a great distance.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 09-04-2022 at 08:26 AM.

~James Baldwin

FXQyJyRUcAAV6Vr.jpg
    To this day, my favorite Monica moment!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    FXQyJyRUcAAV6Vr.jpg
    Mine too. And that is my favorite Avengers saga of all time. LOVE it.

Peace

FXQyJyRUcAAV6Vr.jpg
    Yes, no doubt! I suspect this is the level of power that Monica has been returned to presently.

For me, though, Monica's signature moment was challenging Nyx. Nyx, who wiped out all of the Greco-Roman gods, including Zeus, as easily as you or I might bat an eye lash. I realize that version of Monica is too powerful for most stories, but it sure would be nice to see her go there from time to time.

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Mine too. And that is my favorite Avengers saga of all time. LOVE it.

Peace
    It was perfect...

BANNED

FXQyJyRUcAAV6Vr.jpg
    I wonder what the readers in the Storm Appreaction thread would say about Monica knocking Zeus for a loop

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I wonder what the readers in the Storm Appreaction thread would say about Monica knocking Zeus for a loop
    I hope they realise that there's room for 2 badass black women taking down the white patriarchy

If I remember correctly, at the time there was quite a bit of talk about Monica being "too powerful." They didn't like her having the Captain Marvel name, but they really hated how she was showcased with a power set that could stagger even the most powerful of gods.

I guess those critics would have been perfectly happy if Monica had been created to be the second coming of Yellowjacket instead, complete with her own version of appropriated Pym Particles powers like Black Goliath. But then again, they didn't care for him very much, either.

I'm glad that Monica is finally getting the recognition and treatment that she deserves. She is elite level in every way.

~James Baldwin

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hope they realise that there's room for 2 badass black women taking down the white patriarchy
    Exactatiously.

I will never speak for any other fan of Storm but as a fan of Monica, I would very much applaud her knocking Zeus on his ass. (I really cannot see what one has to do with the other...but...then I have no time for petty shit-stirring)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Why does it matter what they would think? Monica taking down Zeus doesn't affect Storm or her fans in the slightest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Why does it matter what they would think? Monica taking down Zeus doesn't affect Storm or her fans in the slightest.
    It can when it comes down to usage.

For some ODD reason when it comes to black characters it's Highlander time or the rule of three.

As pointed earlier there are folks who can NOT stand black characters being shown as any ways competent and powerful. See the Black Panther book the past 7 years.

That is how you get the "too powerful" nonsense.

If we were to JUST go on power levels and skills-

Falcon, Storm, Synch, Flint, Monica and Prodigy- could rule the world.