Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Now that I read it it became clear that Whedon's answers are from the spring of 2021 (!), so blaming him for them getting published on MLK day is unjustified.

The article is pretty interesting. Apparently Gadot and Fisher, two actors of little talent, weren't satisfied with Whedon's approach and tried to educate the director of the most successful comic book movie (at that time) on how to direct a comic book movie. Hilarious, and understandable that Whedon wasn't taking any **** from them. That part sounds believable to me as that is also what I already got from Fisher's prior statements, when he spoke about Whedon ignoring his imput for his character. What does that guy think he is, no credentials at all and very little acting talent to show for and yet he wants to tell the director how things work?

Whedon surely made mistakes, too, but many things point to all this being to some extent orchestrated.

Anyway, both Whedon's and Fisher's careers are over. In contrast to Fisher Whedon at least had one.
    I think Whedon still has chance of getting called back for something. Fisher though, he was a prima donna from the get go and burned every single bridge he came across.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Whedon has the Nevers going. That show is serving as his lifeline

It's like seeing a fire and Whedon just poured napalm on it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ultimate Member

Anyway, both Whedon's and Fisher's careers are over. In contrast to Fisher Whedon at least had one.
    Fisher YES

Wheldon NO. He will find work. He is a writer and we have seen folks use fake names on projects to hide who they are. Jeffrey Hudson says hi or as we better know him as Michael Crichton.

We have seen talent bury antics-see the NFL & NBA & music.

Now that I read it it became clear that Whedon's answers are from the spring of 2021 (!), so blaming him for them getting published on MLK day is unjustified.

The article is pretty interesting. Apparently Gadot and Fisher, two actors of little talent, weren't satisfied with Whedon's approach and tried to educate the director of the most successful comic book movie (at that time) on how to direct a comic book movie. Hilarious, and understandable that Whedon wasn't taking any **** from them. That part sounds believable to me as that is also what I already got from Fisher's prior statements, when he spoke about Whedon ignoring his imput for his character. What does that guy think he is, no credentials at all and very little acting talent to show for and yet he wants to tell the director how things work?

Whedon surely made mistakes, too, but many things point to all this being to some extent orchestrated.

Well, that's certainly one way to look at it. It's the wrong way, but it is a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Whedon has the Nevers going. That show is serving as his lifeline
    He got booted off of that.

So where is the actual interview and not just selected quotes here and there?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    So where is the actual interview and not just selected quotes here and there?
    Here’s the full interview.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-17-2022 at 08:00 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

It bothers me that Fisher seems to have burned bridges here.

He was right. The Snyder version was better, and he was decent in it. It was completely understandable that he would be upset at the changes to the story, as well as the shift from a director who cared about his input to a director who was so openly hostile to it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The interview confirms it: He deserved what he got.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Having seen the Snyder cut, calling Fisher a bad actor is a joke and saying his story made no sense is equally ridiculous, regardless of other claims of who said what. Cyborg's part was the very heart of the story and Fisher had probably the most powerful line in the movie, "But I'm not broken". I get that Whedon had a mandate to lighten things up but what he did to the Cyborg arc was butchery.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Gal Gadot
    Ray Fisher
    Jason Momoa
    Multiple members of the cast and crew of JL
    Kai Cole
    Charisma Carpenter
    Sarah Michelle Gellar
    Michelle Trachtenberg
    James Masters
    Other multiple members of the cast and crew of Buffy

ALL spoke out about Joss Whedon toxic behaviour. he still has defenders asking for more evidence? you don't say.

That interview he did just makes me laugh. Grace Randolph is right. people just need to ignore him
    In some respects, this is Bill Cosby territory in the sense that the line of accusers goes round the block.

On the Buffy part, I would want a bit more clarification on the sex part. Yes, it was a bad choice since he was their boss. I certainly understand the temptation. Did they approach him as in trying to further a career? Did he approach them? That smells of feeling they might have to do it.

Outside of the sexual aspect, from what I have seen if Whedon, he has an exaggerated since of his wisdom, and a tendency to blame others for his mistakes.
    Power with Girl is better.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There is one aspect we have to look at with Cyborg in this film. Its true the Snyder cut gave us a great Cyborg and it was leaps above what we saw released. But as one Youtuber brought up...the Snyder cut was 4 hours. Joss Whedon had a 2-2:30 hour film to cut and do . Maybe 3 hours if Warners would have done it. But they wanted the film to air a lot and likely dictated that the film have a 2 hour run time.

There just wasn't much time to go in-depth with Cyborg in that span with the foundation of....Batman brings a team together , they unite , they battle Steppenwolf , Superman returns from dead and finally they defeat Steppenwolf.

Whedon is terrible for sure. But here he had limited film time and the story beats he had to hit in the film was these. Snyder got a 4 hour film to do EVERYTHING he wanted to do and it worked great.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Whedon is terrible for sure. But here he had limited film time and the story beats he had to hit in the film was these. Snyder got a 4 hour film to do EVERYTHING he wanted to do and it worked great.
    I won't say it worked great. It still felt badly paced with characters who's actions didn't make sense and far too much going on at once.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There is one aspect we have to look at with Cyborg in this film. Its true the Snyder cut gave us a great Cyborg and it was leaps above what we saw released. But as one Youtuber brought up...the Snyder cut was 4 hours. Joss Whedon had a 2-2:30 hour film to cut and do . Maybe 3 hours if Warners would have done it. But they wanted the film to air a lot and likely dictated that the film have a 2 hour run time.

There just wasn't much time to go in-depth with Cyborg in that span with the foundation of....Batman brings a team together , they unite , they battle Steppenwolf , Superman returns from dead and finally they defeat Steppenwolf.

conversely, Cyborg could have been a plot device as opposed to a fully fleshed-out character had they kept that aspect of the movie.

If Cybrog would would have suffered either way, well, pick your poison.

So no, if we're giving Whedon back-handed defense here, that one doesn't work for me.