Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Whedon’s response has just given credence to the allegations against him.

He sounds intolerant, rude, aggressive and power drunk. I don’t necessarily agree with everything Fisher said but it’s hard to argue against him considering Whedon’s past actions on Buffy.
    Completely agreed. If anyone was on the fence about if these allegations are true, this interview... it literally embodies the attitude everyone has been talking about. It's cruel, and rude, and mocking and unkind. Snide digs, and belittling opinions. It's all the evidence anyone needs to realise: they were telling the truth!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yikes. I'm not sure if I listened to any commentaries on Firefly (were there any?), but on the Buffy and Angel DVDs, the writers all sound like they admire Whedon's intensity and the way he pushed them to do their best work.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    There was an accusation by people working on the show that they caught Whedon doing sex acts on the floor with one of these women working on his show which is definitely something that would get you a HR warning or firing in many corporate businesses.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Completely agreed. If anyone was on the fence about if these allegations are true, this interview... it literally embodies the attitude everyone has been talking about. It's cruel, and rude, and mocking and unkind. Snide digs, and belittling opinions. It's all the evidence anyone needs to realise: they were telling the truth!!!
    It wasn’t needed there are basically 3 kinds of people accused of crimes
    A The innocent
    B The guilty who think it cannot be proven
    C The guilty who think it might be proven

A& B will always deny the charge but Whedon did not so he is in C.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    There was an accusation by people working on the show that they caught Whedon doing sex acts on the floor with one of these women working on his show which is definitely something that would get you a HR warning or firing in many corporate businesses.
    Is this allegation mentioned in any of the articles about Whedon?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

What's that saying? Never Trust A Male Feminist. LOL.

What's really sad is that once you get past all the damage he did to individuals you have to step back and realize that this dude destroyed an ENTIRE generation of writers. How many comics have you read, still read where the characters sound like they stepped off of one of his shows? How many shows still come off as "Whedonesque".
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-22-2022 at 11:39 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

What's really sad is that once you get past all the damage he did to individuals you have to step back and realize that this dude destroyed an ENTIRE generation of writers. How many comics have you read, still read where the characters sound like they stepped off of one of his shows? How many shows still come off as "Whedonesque".
    Hard to say as Whedon's style was heavily influenced by comics like Marv Wolfman's Teen Titans and Chris Claremont's New/Uncanny X-Men or the Levitz period of LoSH. So, it is natural that other writers who were influenced by those would also sound a lot like Whedon - like Peter David, for example or Kieth Giffen and Dematteis for JLA - and then writers influenced by those writers would be similar too.

Whedon's style is fairly generically popular. He's not like Woody Allen or Tarantino in that regard where you can immediately recognize the style. And he's definitely not like Alan Moore or Frank Miller when it comes to comics.
    Last edited by Johnathan; 01-22-2022 at 12:29 PM.

There was nothing inherently wrong with his writing style, just with his morals.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

And didn't he kidnap the Lindbergh Bay and destroy the Hindenburg?

And those poor writers, imagine if David Chase or Vince Gilligan weren't so influenced by Whedon.

We should also disregard all men who think women should be treated equally because reasons, I guess. LOL
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

The problem I have with this is...Joss accused of being a jerk. Why do we care?

Anyways the more telling thing is Ray Fisher hasn't gotten another major gig...that tells me he's a toxic head case.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post

Anyways the more telling thing is Ray Fisher hasn't gotten another major gig...that tells me he's a toxic head case.
    He's done True Detective and currently in Women of the movement. He's still getting work

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He's done True Detective and currently in Women of the movement. He's still getting work
    In a lot of people's minds if he's not in another blockbuster movie its the same as working front line at McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post

Well call me crazy but I like to know if a person I'm supporting is a POS. That way I can choose not to continue to spend money on them, which would only help them continue to abuse others. Also, empathy.

And as has been pointed out, Fisher is still getting work. So your post is wrong on a few levels.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Well True Detective was before the incident...and frankly I don't remember him in it I don't know what Women of the Movement is looking at the ratings it's third in it's time slot.

I thought he was so-so in ZSJL. The character was well done, but his acting was generic. He doesn't light up the screen.
    Doesn't mean he is wrong about Whedon.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!