Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I can barely hear you since your head is still in the sand.
    "None is so deaf as those that will not hear." As a european we have experienced racism to horrors you can't even imagine. As someone who in his family had relatives killed because of the madness of the superiority of the aryan race, you have no idea what that means, since a kid I heard those horrible stories, Yet I was taught to have no bad feelings for the nation that caused that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Eh. The situation might be a bit murkier, but Cyborg being castrated has been a thing that's been commented on as suspect for years now. It's absolutely something that I doubt Johns would've thought about because he's not black. Now I don't think that makes him a racist, but I do think a black man bringing up why that's kind of fucked up and being dismissed is the type of thing that probably was not gonna end well.
    But see, here’s the thing: Johns was the one saying that Cyborg being castrated is kinda fucked up and Fisher is mad at him for saying that when he, as the only black man on the set (rough paraphrase of his own words), doesn’t think there’s a problem with it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    What annoys me with Fisher is not what he said about Whedon who is a scumbag, but the accusations towards people he claims enabled Joss because they advised to talk to him when he is in a good mood. Or calling racist someone because he had a different view on Cyborg private parts. That is the problem with people like Ray, if you disagree with them you are not entitled to a different opinion, but you are a racist.
    That's 90% of social, political and cultural discource in the Western world these days, especially in the US.

How does this keep coming back to Fisher's attitude and not the guy with no less than four people complaining about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post
    I get the feeling you think I'm implying something with what I said. I'm not. I'm just neutrally curious to see the woman for myself. For a person who is reported to be black and has spoken on his behalf on the issue of racism, I've never actually seen her.

Again, not that it's really any of my business. Just a passing curiosity.
    Her name is Anissa Dorsey and yeah, she's a real person. She even has a twitter account and Snyder fans got on her case recently since she said something bad about the Snyder films. lol

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How does this keep coming back to Fisher's attitude and not the guy with no less than four people complaining about him?
    Because, beyond what he said about Whedon (and not even everything there), his charges against others are suspect. Which is why Ray is still out in the wilderness and may be there permanently.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Lol you know why ( he’s Black )

Because Fisher wants it to. Whenever bad news comes for Whedon Fisher always makes sure to try and get it to effect Johns and Hamada and sometimes another target as well.

I am asking the same thing. Why is it still "Sure, Joss is a terrible person, but ... Ray fisher blah blah." Why are they still both called "problematic", as if there was any equivalency. Even if one doesn't take Fisher seriously or thinks he's overreacting, there's nothing that would put him anywhere near Whedon's category.

I don't think anyone is trying to compare Fisher to Whedon in any way, more like people are just tired of hearing him go on about this situation and want to just move on. He got what he wanted, the Snyder Cut was released and people saw his performance as Cyborg that was far better received than the theatrical cut, he got his unbiased investigation, Whedon was ousted from Hollywood, none of the other people he's been accusing, outside of Hamada who wasn't originally involved with the reshoots, are still there. I think it's just a situation where people are going "What more does this guy want?"
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-25-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't think anyone is trying to compare Fisher to Whedon in any way, more like people are just tired of hearing him go on about this situation and want to just move on. He got what he wanted, the Snyder Cut was released and people saw his performance as Cyborg that was far better received than the theatrical cut, he got his unbiased investigation, Whedon was ousted from Hollywood, none of the other people he's been accusing, outside of Hamada who wasn't originally involved with the reshoots, are still there. I think it's just a situation where people are going "What more does this guy want?"
    There are definitely some people here who are comparing Fisher to Whedon ("They bring out the worst in eachother" was particularly mealy mouthed) but, yeah, a fair number of people are pointing out that Ray should be happier than he is that people are being investigated and punished, what he claimed to want

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Ray doesn't seem like a bad guy, but wants to be Cyborg again so much that he's using the wrong tactics in that pursuit (and hurting himself Wile E. Coyote style in the process as it backfires). Still, I would prefer to be in his company rather than Whedon's any day of the week. It's not even a close call.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm surprised by how people on this forum still follow this story
    The J-man