Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...47596048240653

He goes after the writer of the article now. lol
    This is why Fisher is easier to support in the abstract: He's just attacking everybody regardless of level of culpability or logic of attack. What did the writer of the article do other than expose Whedon even further?

In another tweet he says "Walter Hamada is probably KICKING himself right now for trying to throw Joss Whedon under the bus" which is completely nonsensical because (1) the point of throwing someone under the bus is to protect yourself at their expense and since none of the attacks against Hamada have managed to stick and Whedon keeps looking worse it looks an awful lot like, if Hamada did have anything to fear from Ray, that throwing Joss under the bus was the best decision he ever could've made.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Iger had more control than Feige until after Age of Ultron. Feige might have had concerns but was overruled. Plus while he may have heard rumors, there was no outright accusations until 2012, after which Whedon did exit the MCU.
    I think you meant Ike Perlmutter. Since Iger was the one who had the movie restructured to answer directly to him around the time Civil War came out.

Whedon's wife accused him sometime after AoU came out. Then the fall out from JL, Charisma Carpenter confirming the allegations and now this interview has well and truly buried his reputation.

I get the feeling that the MCU became more disconnected from him after AoU. Sure, there was AoS which was run by Whedon's brother which increasingly felt more like an alternate timeline rather than a part of the MCU's narrative. But look at the regularity of them recycling their talent: Russo bros were very recently in talks to direct another project for Marvel, Schaeffer wrote for BW and later WV and now Agatha's show, Jon Watts is doing FF after Spider-Man, Cox and D'Onofrio are back simply because of fan demand and them wanting to reprise their roles. Whedon got nada after AoU except for appearing on the red carpet for IW.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    C'mon now, what happened to Carpenter occurred back in 2004. Him putting women on casting couches was out there. You really think Feige didn't know about any of that?
    You act like Joss was a special case when he was the norm of a douchebag showrunner. Not to mention that he/Charisma did reunite after Angel had ended so do you think Feige would hold that on him? At the time, Charisma was 1 person out of many that he had worked with and gained a very positive reputation since others didnt speak out. As far as casting couches, maybe I'm forgetting parts of the article, but there was nothing about Joss forcing anyone to sleep with him for a role. IF he did, once again he was 1 of many. How many creatives worked with Les Moonevs? Weinstein? Hollywood ethics have never been something to write home about. Scarlett has worked with Woody Allen long after his allegations, many have defended him and people still work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think you meant Ike Perlmutter. Since Iger was the one who had the movie restructured to answer directly to him around the time Civil War came out.

Whedon's wife accused him sometime after AoU came out. Then the fall out from JL, Charisma Carpenter confirming the allegations and now this interview has well and truly buried his reputation.

I get the feeling that the MCU became more disconnected from him after AoU. Sure, there was AoS which was run by Whedon's brother which increasingly felt more like an alternate timeline rather than a part of the MCU's narrative. But look at the regularity of them recycling their talent: Russo bros were very recently in talks to direct another project for Marvel, Schaeffer wrote for BW and later WV and now Agatha's show, Jon Watts is doing FF after Spider-Man, Cox and D'Onofrio are back simply because of fan demand and them wanting to reprise their roles. Whedon got nada after AoU except for appearing on the red carpet for IW.
    He was invited to participate in their director roundtable in 2019. There was no long lasting bad blood there (until now where they wouldnt touch him with a 10ft pole)
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-18-2022 at 04:33 PM.

BANNED

Ray Fisher is insane and needs to go away. I could easily see Whedon just not kissing his ass and being rude to him, but even from what he describes Hamada and Johns did him no wrong. They tried to diffuse the situation and he turns it into "a cover-up conspiracy!" One of those dudes with nothing going on so he needs to burn all his bridges and claim discrimination. He's so stupid that he doesn't realize if he had said nothing, he might have gotten to hang on to the Cyborg role. If WB was already inclined against making a Justice League 2/3, they for sure are never going to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    This is why Fisher is easier to support in the abstract: He's just attacking everybody regardless of level of culpability or logic of attack. What did the writer of the article do other than expose Whedon even further?
    He reminds me a bit of conspiracy theorists. They usually start with some reasonable takes, but it eventually gets crazy with reptiloids and satanic sacrifices.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    Ray Fisher is insane and needs to go away.
    Kind of a weird reaction to have given Whedon is the one who gave this interview.

I could easily see Whedon just not kissing his ass and being rude to him
    Other people have corroborated Fisher's story or given similar accounts, so this idea that Fisher is somehow to blame is absurd.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    He reminds me a bit of conspiracy theorists. They usually start with some reasonable takes, but it eventually gets crazy with reptiloids and satanic sacrifices.
    Justice League had those?!!? Sounds way more awesome than I remember it being...

Extraordinary Member

Joss needs to crawl into his hole and never come back out

He will never admit fault since that will get him sued
    Why he thought speaking would help him with this.

Extraordinary Member

In another tweet he says "Walter Hamada is probably KICKING himself right now for trying to throw Joss Whedon under the bus" which is completely nonsensical because (1) the point of throwing someone under the bus is to protect yourself at their expense and since none of the attacks against Hamada have managed to stick and Whedon keeps looking worse it looks an awful lot like, if Hamada did have anything to fear from Ray, that throwing Joss under the bus was the best decision he ever could've made.
    The writer wanted headlines , clicks and eyeballs. They got it, joss is the idiot believing this would help him

It is interesting to me how someone with such mentality became a feminist.
    I wouldn't call him a feminist. He got that moniker by writing strong female characters, but that alone does not mean he's a feminist. And he said repeatedly that the inspiration for Buffy was that he wanted to subvert the trope about a tiny blond girl running away from the monster, so that instead of running she would kick the monster's ass. The subversion was the goal, not to empower women, that was just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sounds like he might be closer to an incel - someone who puts women he regards on a high pedestal, so he thinks he's a feminist, but then takes passive-aggressive potshots to diminish them (saying English isn't Gadot's first language, that Carpenter had trouble with lines) because he developed a deep-seeded resentment feeling so "powerless" in his unrequited desire for them.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Because all of this stuff were rumors and no one knew for sure until Whedon's wife wrote that article after their divorce and Charisma Carpenter finally confirmed it in her tweets last year. What's happening now is that the dam has finally broken and we're finally seeing what's on the other side.
    And I remember when his ex-wife wrote that article, how many of Whedon's stans (some of which I am sure consider themselves feminists as well) brushed it aside, saying that she is just resentful after their divorce and that there were no red flags about his behavior there. People are prepared to defend their favorites to scary lengths, often overlooking their own principles.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Very true. Fans put celebrities on a pedestal and give them a god complex. Actors/directors/showrunners are given so many passes. Ezra Miller was caught on tape assaulting someone, Bale was verbally assaulting a crew member. If these were average jobs, they'd all be fired.

Hard agree with this statement. I’m completely done with Whedon despite the fact that Buffy is my favorite show of all time, but Fisher also just seems… kinda petty. I wish him the best in his healing cause this ain’t it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My favorite part was when he says that he HAD to sleep with all those women or he might not get the chance to do so again. This is the sign of a guy who has no self awareness whatsoever.
    Assassinate Putin!

I've said before that I feel like his accusations were never supposed to hold on their own, but rather to get others to feel more like they could come forward. They worked with Whedon and they've gotten a few people to say bad things about Johns (but nowhere near as bas as I'm sure Fisher was hoping) but they just haven't gotten him anything but "fired" (He publically said "I refuse to work with him" which is indistinguishable from quitting) when it comes to Hamada

Extraordinary Member

Reading that, my initial impression is that Whedon is...nuts.