Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My favorite part was when he says that he HAD to sleep with all those women or he might not get the chance to do so again. This is the sign of a guy who has no self awareness whatsoever.
    I doubt he's in the minority when it comes to male directors (how many of them got into the business, at the very least, just to get beautiful women out of their clothes on the set for their voyeuristic pleasure?), but I have to think he would rank much lower on the maturity scale than most.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My favorite part was when he says that he HAD to sleep with all those women or he might not get the chance to do so again. This is the sign of a guy who has no self awareness whatsoever.
    Between that and basically refuting what one of the biggest movie stars in the world has to say (Gal Gadot), Whedon did himself no favors by participating and being interviewed for this piece. He seems dense and in denial over his actions. He’s either delusional thinking this would help him in the court of public opinion, or he just doesn’t care about working in Hollywood at a high-profile level anymore.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Between that and basically refuting what one of the biggest movie stars in the world has to say (Gal Gadot), Whedon did himself no favors by participating and being interviewed for this piece. He seems dense and in denial over his actions. He’s either delusional thinking this would help him in the court of public opinion, or he just doesn’t care about working in Hollywood at a high-profile level anymore.
    The guy is now radioactive.
    I wouldn't expect to be seeing his name on any marquee movies for the next few years.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I see that Gal Gadot has responded.

Whedon did himself no favors with this interview
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Dear Krishna in Vaikuntha, how's this a real interview?
    I guess when someone is entirely up their own ass for so long, when they buy into their hype and let it simmer for nearly two decades, this is the result you get when they decide to try and explain themself.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I'd bet that Gadot speaks better English than he does.
    Assassinate Putin!

All any of this really does is just reconfirm my opinion that Whedon and Fisher are both assholes, just different kinds. Whedeon is megalomaniacal and self-delusional, Fisher is opportunistic and self-serving. They both just need to go the eff away at this point.

My heart continues to break over how much of a pos Whedon is. This man used to be my idol but he turned out to be a complete garbage human being. I hate that Ray has to go through this as well.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    My heart continues to break over how much of a pos Whedon is. This man used to be my idol but he turned out to be a complete garbage human being. I hate that Ray has to go through this as well.
    Well the saying "never meet your heroes" exists for a good reason. It's true more often than one might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Well the saying "never meet your heroes" exists for a good reason. It's true more often than one might think.
    An argument could be made to never have heroes in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    All any of this really does is just reconfirm my opinion that Whedon and Fisher are both assholes, just different kinds. Whedeon is megalomaniacal and self-delusional, Fisher is opportunistic and self-serving. They both just need to go the eff away at this point.
    They probabaly brought out the worst in each other.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Even if we don't find Fisher credible at all, his worst crimes don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Whedon's.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    But people still need to be inspired and believe in something, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Uh-huh.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, but you shouldn't assume you know your favorite actor, sports star, politician, etc. is without faults. In fact, they might have major ones.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?