Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Apparently this interview was conducted last spring(?). Wonder why they waited so long to publish it.
    Maybe Ray's recent tweeting about Geoff Johns was the spark that caused someone to finally use it?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe Ray's recent tweeting about Geoff Johns was the spark that caused someone to finally use it?
    But the article doesn't mention anyone involved with the JL reshoots other than Whedon.

Everyone is talking about the Ray stuff but this is the true gem:

Lmao what the hell was he thinking doing this interview?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

::insert Heath Ledger Joker 'here we go again' gif here::

Ooh, how the mighty have fallen.
    Last edited by John Venus; 01-17-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Uh...talk about not helping your case.

The movie 5-10 years from now based around the making of the Justice League movie is gonna be great.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Apparently there was a rule on the set of Buffy that he couldn't be alone with Michelle Tractenburg. I don't want to know why. If ever there was an argument for "cancel culture" Whedon sounds like it. Which is a shame, I really liked his X-Men run.
    Assassinate Putin!

Bet the Widow/Hulk romance in AoU was him sublimating his desire to sleep with Scarlet through Bruce Banner. Bet she turned him down or Marvel held him on a tighter leash or both.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The Bruce/Nat romance was clearly Whedon projecting his own desires onto the characters. Betty is removed from the picture altogether. And Winter Soldier looked like it was setting up a Cap/Nat relationship that wasn't allowed to go anywhere.
    Assassinate Putin!

Reading the entire article, if Whedon had just talked about his lonely childhood and how that made him an ******* it might’ve helped him. Admit that you were a dick, that the power went to your head, that JL was the studio bringing you in at the last minute to salvage a train wreck rather than throwing mud at Ray and Gal, and he might’ve come off better. Instead he just dug his own grave.

I still don’t believe Ray’s claim that Whedon “lightened people’s skin color” because he hated black people, but it’s pretty clear that Ray’s assertions that Whedon was an ******* were true. Whedon seems incapable of acknowledging any serious wrong doing on his part. JL is a massive black mark for WB that’s going to hound them throughout this next Phase they’re trying to usher in. Also whoever put this out on MLK Day was definitely doing it as a deliberate middle finger to Whedon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It really is remarkable that Buffy turned out to be as great of a character as she is.

I'm way more confident in attributing it almost entirely to Gellar at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The movie 5-10 years from now based around the making of the Justice League movie is gonna be great.
    Much better than the actual Justice League movie.

Reading the entire article, if Whedon had just talked about his lonely childhood and how that made him an ******* it might’ve helped him. Admit that you were a dick, that the power went to your head, that JL was the studio bringing you in at the last minute to salvage a train wreck rather than throwing mud at Ray and Gal, and he might’ve come off better. Instead he just dug his own grave.

I still don’t believe Ray’s claim that Whedon “lightened people’s skin color” because he hated black people, but it’s pretty clear that Ray’s assertions that Whedon was an ******* were true. Whedon seems incapable of acknowledging any serious wrong doing on his part. JL is a massive black mark for WB that’s going to hound them throughout this next Phase they’re trying to usher in. Also whoever put this out on MLK Day was definitely doing it as a deliberate middle finger to Whedon.
    I mean, the reporter actually laughed at him...

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Apparently there was a rule on the set of Buffy that he couldn't be alone with Michelle Tractenburg. I don't want to know why. If ever there was an argument for "cancel culture" Whedon sounds like it. Which is a shame, I really liked his X-Men run.
    There can only have been one reason, she was 15 back then so basically he is a creep and shouldn't be left alone with minors. Maybe for once "cancel culture" can actually work and send this guy to an early retirement.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I wonder if the actress who backed up Gadot's claim by having a similar story was Stephanie Romanov (Lilah). She's the first one who popped in my head, since she seemed set up to be a recurring undead character in the season 4 finale then just upped and vanished in season 5.

Also, Joss's 4 year old friend drowned and it may have kinda sorta been his fault?!