Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    One of the few things in that interview that make sense is the part where he talks about people who call him a fake feminist don't actually care about feminism. While that's obviously a huge generalization, social media is loaded with people who see something trending and hop on the bandwagon. Given the nature of social media, it's reasonable to assume that many of those people couldn't actually care less about what kind of person Whedon is or how he treated his co-workers, they just like to think they achieve something by inserting themselves into the conversation.
    Agreed. The Snyder stans ob twitter who talk about boycotting WB over erasing Snyder-verse then day of try to talk about all the horrible things they've done bts is the fakest thing I've ever seen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    One of the few things in that interview that make sense is the part where he talks about people who call him a fake feminist don't actually care about feminism. While that's obviously a huge generalization, social media is loaded with people who see something trending and hop on the bandwagon. Given the nature of social media, it's reasonable to assume that many of those people couldn't actually care less about what kind of person Whedon is or how he treated his co-workers, they just like to think they achieve something by inserting themselves into the conversation.
    This is what adults call deflection. Whedon is the last person who should making any judgments on what people's supposed motivations are.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-18-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is what adults call deflection. Whedon is the last person who should making any judgments on what people's supposed motivations are.
    He deflects for half of the interview. I don't need him to confirm that people online like to pretend to care about things they actually don't when I've seen it with my own eyes for years.

Whedon's defense. I'm bad, but everyone else is too ... lulz
    The J-man

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

"It's the year 2199, Joss Whedon's umpteenth clone speaks about Ray Fisher, WB, and Justice League."

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Whedon's defense. I'm bad, but everyone else is too ... lulz
    Or they're bad actors or can't speak good English. Or "the internet made me and the internet broke me" or whatever it was. Those are the best parts for me. I don't know if I would call this interview the final nail in his coffin but what was he thinking when he said that I have no idea. Why even agree to do the interview in the first place.

I didn't read the whole thing, but from what I've seen it seems he really has no sense of himself - otherwise he wouldn't think it's okay to say these things.

Always Rakzo

Whedon is delusional, that's what it is. He used to be one of the most well-known Feminists and by the way he talks now he's just one step away from going all "SJWs ruined me and are ruining everything!".

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Stone does not get called racist or any of that. She gets flack but nothing outside of getting dogged on, like people joking about Scarlett playing any race.

Whedons pattern of behavior towards POC doesn't go back to Buffy, he didnt cut down anyones role who were POC. The edits that he made in JL were fairly what would've needed to happen with a 2hr movie. Cyborgs arc wouldn't survive. Cyborg and his dad being at odds and coming back together in the end is doing something with the character. Guy was an equal opportunist *******, James Marsters has spoken plenty about how Whedon threatened him towards the beginning of the show.
    Lol, there's no rule that say one must be either a jerk, or a racist. I've Run into plenty of people that are both.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    I know right. Who the hell thinks that's an acceptable response?
    It's ridiculous to the point the reporter laughed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's very rare that I see a professional interview outright mention them laughing at a comment.
    Maybe that was mentioned to lead to the "I'm not actually joking" line, but, maybe it's that ridiculous and the reporter just laughed.

Like, ****, this has the "Bro, you need to get laid to be cool bro, gotta crush puss or you'll regret" mentality, which, I guess I can see where it's coming from since 90's/2000's had this being widespread (It's still around but I feel like it's less so), and he was a nerd who's suddenly popular, but, fucking hell, mentioning this at all is ridiculous, specially if he was married at the time lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's very rare that I see a professional interview outright mention them laughing at a comment.
    There are certain times where she does seem to get a kick out of Whedon making an ass of himself, but she balanced it out well like when she mentioned the irony of how some of Snyder's past work used to be seen as problematic, yet now he's being treated like a progressive ally, while Whedon who used to be treated like a progressive ally in the past is now seen as a problematic bigot.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-18-2022 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Like, ****, this has the "Bro, you need to get laid to be cool bro, gotta crush puss or you'll regret" mentality, which, I guess I can see where it's coming from since 90's/2000's had this being widespread (It's still around but I feel like it's less so), and he was a nerd who's suddenly popular, but, fucking hell, mentioning this at all is ridiculous, specially if he was married at the time lol.
    It is interesting to me how someone with such mentality became a feminist.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Joss Whedon Breaks Silence on Misconduct Allegations, Calls Ray Fisher ‘A Bad Actor in Both Senses’

He denies ever threatening Gal, and he accused the Justice League cast of being hostile to work with.
    Whedon is an ass, but I think he came into JL with the odds against him. The cast didn't want him, crew didn't want him, and he had to bring a 4hr movie under 2hrs. On top of that a lot of the actors weren't on set all the time because they're filming other movies. To say reshoots were a nightmare for everyone is an understatement. WB should have done more to diffuse the situation, maybe even put the film on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Whedon did nothing with the one black character he "saved" and cut the arc of the black character that was central to the movie. You can twist things to a certain narrative, but only so far. Like I said, this is a pattern of behavior going all the way back to Buffy.
    What did he do on Buffy/Angel that you would characterize as racist?
    A lot of white and POC characters were cut from JL because they couldn't fit in a way that made sense. The question is why did Snyder see fit to fill many of the supporting and/or dispensible roles with actors of color? What as the point of Iris West or Ray Choi in the film? Why did he kill Silas Stone? Wasn't it enough that Cyborg's mother was already dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Everyone is talking about the Ray stuff but this is the true gem:

Lmao what the hell was he thinking doing this interview?
    I think we all knew this about Whedon after his wife came forward. In a way, he's kind of representative of a large segment of fandom, itself. Check all the nightmarish Comic-Con stories.