Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    As I said in another thread: It would easy to justify if they say he lost his telekinesis when he received the wounds that left him paraplegic, or maybe due to psychic stress when he drove the Z'Nox away from Earth... And now that he has a brand new body, he has recovered his telekinetic powers.
    The problem with this theory is that he was shown as being telepathic as an adult LONG before his back was broken, and TK was not in the powerset. It is far more likely that his actual TK was negligible and being resurrected is what brought it out.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    It’s just a contradictory answer, and to be honest, it’s really convenient for any character who’s ever shown any sort of latent power to whip it out when the plot demands. I hate to pull the sexist card but if Xavier can do this, then Female characters should be given similar treatment (e.g., Jean should be able to access Phoenix powers, or the pink form that her teen self Mastered, when the circumstances are very dire). I choose the Phoenix example because Phoenix is a well documented case of “too much power to control”... so why not allow access to it in small doses during critical moments?

I don’t even like jean with Phoenix, I’m just trying to make a point.

So yea, 0 problems here with xaviers tk in theory due to precedent, but the reasoning behind it is really poor, imo.
    I agree with you in regards to Jean's pink form as that is an actual ability we have not seen her do since her days as a teenager. That is a great and valid point. I don't think the Phoenix Force is a valid point tho as it is not the ultimate expression of her powers according to Marvel. It is the access she has to a cosmic and primordial force as a host. Because of the constant rewrites the PF has in terms of Jean and other hosts it isn't as strong as saying the pink form.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Well, he no longer has the same goals, no longer has the same personality, and no longer has the same history, so the idea that he no longer has the same powers fits right into that.

I refuse to believe that this is at his most desperate though, because I've seen comics where he was laying on the ground, his wheelchair crushed, and he was bleeding to death and he STILL didn't use TK powers.
    I don't necessary agree with him having access to it myself, but there is precedent over the multitude of years that says he has some cursory access to it. Does it necessarily make sense from continuity - absolutely not. But there is dialogue from the 60's mentioning it. Morrison established it when he made Cassandra Nova his mummudrai - in that Cassandra Nova could not have access to tk unless Xavier had some latent or current access to this ability. And Hickman used it in HoX. JDW had better answers at his disposal than what he provided and that's on him.

Gee, TK would have been handy to fly his way out that time he was crippled and trapped under ground in the sewers. Too bad he didn't feel like using it that day

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    This is so stupid. If Charles always had tk then he wouldn’t need a wheelchair when he could just levitate around. I’m sick of every telepath getting tk. It cheapens other characters who already had it making them look less unique. You don’t see other mutants with Lightning based powers suddenly aquire the ability to control the weather.
    Pfft, I'll have you know that Surge comes from a lineage of Japanese weather witches and is actually a shinto storm goddess. More will be revealed in April's edition of Marvel Voices.

So, Xavier has TK is another Hickman retcon that makes no sense, then, right?

Astonishing Member

This is such a non issue. Charles is a low level tk who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It creates inconsistencies in stories where low level TK would've been useful? Like that example above of him being stuck in the sewers?

I don't mind it tbh. He'll always be a King telepath to me. It would be nice to see him being tutored by someone like Hellion though. Just for the lolz.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What was shown in Inferno #4 was not “low level.”
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-19-2022 at 03:34 PM.

I actually don't mind mutants developing secondary mutations, but the TP/TK combo is overplayed.

At least give them a power that compliments their personality. Emma has her diamond-form, Sage has her cyberpathy, not every telepath needs telekinesis.

For Xavier, considering Onslaught and the upcoming Chimera arc, some sort of gestalt power would've been interesting. (I would've made it so he's able to mind-meld, combine conscious and bodies with people he's close to, the "ultimate intimacy" but a power circuit )
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 01-19-2022 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't necessary agree with him having access to it myself, but there is precedent over the multitude of years that says he has some cursory access to it. Does it necessarily make sense from continuity - absolutely not. But there is dialogue from the 60's mentioning it. Morrison established it when he made Cassandra Nova his mummudrai - in that Cassandra Nova could not have access to tk unless Xavier had some latent or current access to this ability. And Hickman used it in HoX. JDW had better answers at his disposal than what he provided and that's on him.
    But couldn't we just say Morrison "Boo-Booed" when he established Cassie Nova with TK? The 1960's Xavier TK events had been mentioned in a Handbook as either one-offs or errors, such as having Xavier scan buildings with his TP for machines or whatever he wanted to find. So then there would be no credible Xavier moments using TK. As it should be.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I actually don't mind mutants developing secondary mutations, but the TP/TK combo is overplayed.

At least give them a power that compliments their personality. Emma has her diamond-form, Sage has her cyberpathy, not every telepath needs telekinesis.

For Xavier, considering Onslaught and the upcoming Chimera arc, some sort of gestalt power would've been interesting. (I would've made it so he's able to mind-meld, combine conscious and bodies with people he's close to, the "ultimate intimacy" but a power circuit )
    My take from that POV would be to give Xavier a astral body that could effect the physical world. That's his secondary mutation to me. Since *forever* Xavier was labeled as the be-all-end-all telepath. That shouldn't be wiped off the table just because he didn't classify himself as Omega level. And it would make him stand out among other telepaths. I suppose for balance reason the form could still be dispersed by your usual run to Best Buy and buy a psi scrambler that is so common.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I like that too! And yes, Xavier did like astral projecting a lot in the past so wouldn't mind a trance-like ability as a secondary mutation.

I like that too! And yes, Xavier did like astral projecting a lot in the past so wouldn't mind a trance-like ability as a secondary mutation.
    Exactly. Most telepaths can astral project but only Xavier's could come up and cold cock you out of no where.

BANNED

It creates inconsistencies in stories where low level TK would've been useful? Like that example above of him being stuck in the sewers?
    Or being shot...