Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Monday: Xaviers Telekinesis confirmed

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/17/x-...ite-inferno-4/

I think this was a hot topic when Inferno 4 came out. Opened up a lot of discussion.

And the thought was, this is the most desperate hour, he’s giving it everything he can, he’s pouring all he has into this because it’s not something he normally does, but it also is really useful in that moment. Or it seems like it might be. It turns out not to help in the long run. So yeah, I think that is just showing that he does have it, it’s just not what he spends his focus on. His telepathy was not useful in that moment. He couldn’t control Nimrod or Omega Sentinel, and all the humans were dead.

AIPT: [Laughs] Just jokes, DC Fans, we’re just teasing. Moving on, X-Fan Braxer wanted to know what’s in the box Mystique gave Emma — which you can’t answer, because that’s a spoiler question. But possibly, you could tell readers where and when they can expect this to be resolved.

Jordan: You’ll find out this month.

Lame. I don't like giving TK to every telepath and I don't buy that this is his most desperate moment.

I think they forgot that he used it casually in Hickmans run when he stole the flash disk from Mystique. So he's pretty adept at it it would seem. And there was no duress at the time

It's extremely unusual to see him use that, but there's been a couple of examples before.

I guess Xavier having access to weak TK and using it in a moment of crisis is fine.

Astonishing Member

Tbh, the idea that Xavier has always had telekinesis and simply doesn't see any use for it in all of Marvel's history outside of this one single time and a couple other maybes.....is a far greater implausibility to me than pretty much any of the other suspensions of disbeliefs asked for by Hickman's various retcons. LOL, sorry, I just don't buy it and still think it was just a goof of the sort editors should kinda be expected to catch, so its embarrassing to say yeah we shoulda probably not done that, especially since it didn't even matter in the end.

But whatever, I'm not gonna die mad about it, I guess. LMAO. Its just kinda like "okay, sure. If you say so."

*Shrugs*

Seems to me that all psychics can kind of do both, telepathy and telekinesis, on some level in different ways. Some are much stronger on the TP side and also more highly specialized in certain ways (e.g., can’t really read minds but can see the future, as precognition seems to me to be a variation of TP/psychic abilities); whereas others are more TK sensitive and have little to no ability to utilize their latent TP, but can “move things with their mind” from throwing up a forcefield instinctively to high-precision type moves. Even moving molecules or atoms around if they’re super powerful.

Where’s my no-prize?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Seems to me that all psychics can kind of do both, telepathy and telekinesis, on some level in different ways. Some are much stronger on the TP side and also more highly specialized in certain ways (e.g., can’t really read minds but can see the future, as precognition seems to me to be a variation of TP/psychic abilities); whereas others are more TK sensitive and have little to no ability to utilize their latent TP, but can “move things with their mind” from throwing up a forcefield instinctively to high-precision type moves. Even moving molecules or atoms around if they’re super powerful.

Where’s my no-prize?
    Plus being ressurected is supposed to increase your power. So that would explain what happened before

Im just gonna pretend he resurrected with TK added becuase of ***checks notes***

His assassination.

BANNED

It's just people doing the comics not knowing the characters' powers.

Lame. But what else is new?

"All I do is train mutants to use their powers and for a long time I couldn't walk but yeah, TK just doesn't interest me so I don't use it."
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 01-17-2022 at 01:07 PM.

As I said in another thread: It would easy to justify if they say he lost his telekinesis when he received the wounds that left him paraplegic, or maybe due to psychic stress when he drove the Z'Nox away from Earth... And now that he has a brand new body, he has recovered his telekinetic powers.

I wish they had asked about how illogical Moira’s motivations are.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

This is literally so stupid and brings up more questions of why he's never used in much more dire moments before not unsurprising though...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Im just gonna pretend he resurrected with TK added becuase of ***checks notes***

His assassination.
    Right, like, hello? How did you miss this seamless explanation?

I guess he chose violence today with that confirmation, didn't he

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

His assassination.
    He died in Way of X aswell.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!