Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I might be wrong but I don't think Psylocke has TK. I can't remember seeing it in Hellions. It's like 20% TP and 80% Ninja ass kicking skills
    When Betsy was Psylocke, her primary power was TK. But now that you said maybe KwanOn never used TK on Hellions book, only TP. I think Revanche was just a empath originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    When Betsy was Psylocke, her primary power was TK. But now that you said maybe KwanOn never used TK on Hellions book, only TP. I think Revanche was just a empath originally.

Initially Betsy as Psylocke was a telepath. She gained tk around year 2000 or so (yikes I have to remind myself it is now 2022). I guess Betsy Psylocke did go many, many years primarily as a telekinetic. Ah well. Though Tini has only had Betsy use tk a few times as Captain Britain. Her primary power seems to be telepathy. I also don't think Kwannon has used tk as much, maybe not at all in Hellions but did use it in the book she was in before that. My memory is so bad I can't even think of the name of that book. Edit: Fallen Angels.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Quire and when he first started showing tk. The first instance was in Phoenix Endsong. At the end of Morrison's run he was experiencing a secondary mutation but we didn't learn what it was. Before that he was a powerful telepath.

I loathe the idea that every telepath can become a telekinetic. I hated it with Besty and Quire, and whoever else. I think characters like Xavier, Emma, and Betsy were more interesting with just telepathy. We had too many tp/tk as it is just with the Summers-Grey folks: Cable, Nate, Rachel, Maddie, Stryfe, etc.

Telepathy and telekinesis are great powers but when they are overdone and become too common it isn't as interesting. I always wonder why we don't have more characters with Storm's powerset. Why can't we have like over 60 weather controllers like we do with the psychics. Probably because that would be a bad idea.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 01-22-2022 at 08:58 AM. Reason: bad memory part 50

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Initially Betsy as Psylocke was a telepath. She gained tk around year 2000 or so (yikes I have to remind myself it is now 2022). I guess Betsy Psylocke did go many, many years primarily as a telekinetic. Ah well. Though Tini has only had Betsy use tk a few times as Captain Britain. Her primary power seems to be telepathy. I also don't think Kwannon has used tk as much, maybe not at all in Hellions but did use it in the book she was in before that. My memory is so bad I can't even think of the name of that book. Edit: Fallen Angels.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Quire and when he first started showing tk. The first instance was in Phoenix Endsong. At the end of Morrison's run he was experiencing a secondary mutation but we didn't learn what it was. Before that he was a powerful telepath.

I loathe the idea that every telepath can become a telekinetic. I hated it with Besty and Quire, and whoever else. I think characters like Xavier, Emma, and Betsy were more interesting with just telepathy. We had too many tp/tk as it is just with the Summers-Grey folks: Cable, Nate, Rachel, Maddie, Stryfe, etc.

Telepathy and telekinesis are great powers but when they are overdone and become too common it isn't as interesting. I always wonder why we don't have more characters with Storm's powerset. Why can't we have like over 60 weather controllers like we do with the psychics. Probably because that would be a bad idea.
    Betsy used to be a pure telepath with her original body and after the body swap. There was a time-jump by a writer that involved Jean and Betsy. Jean became a pure telepath and Betsy became purely telekinetic. As writers came and went, both ended up with TP and TK. And I agree, the duals psionic abilities were unique to the Grey line but as writers pushed new characters, they gave them the same TP/TK.

In addition, Legion started with TP, TK and PK until retconned to an OP'ed character that became even more difficult to write.
    Last edited by raidensix; 01-22-2022 at 05:07 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Betsy used to be a pure telepath with her original body and after the body swap. There was a time-jump by a writer that involved Jean and Betsy. Jean became a pure telepath and Betsy became purely telekinetic. As writers came and went, both ended up with TP and TK. And I agree, the duals psionic abilities were unique to the Grey line but as writers pushed new characters, they gave them the same TP/TK.

In addition, Legion started with TP, TK and PK until retconned to an OP'ed character that became even more difficult to write.
    The time jump came from Claremont, and he initiated the power swap with Betsy and Jean. There was supposed to be an explanation and then it never came, and Claremont killed off Betsy (knowing she would come back). Then his plans got derailed and then Jean was killed off so even further derailed. With Jean gone they decided to make Betsy the new "Jean" (even though Rachel was back in the comics) by heralding her "mountain smashing tk" and telepathy. Eventually it got dialed down but now both Betsy and Kwannon have access to tk based on the rebuilt bodies that Jamie (Kwannon) and Betsy made for themselves.

Lmao, please no! Bad idea for a whole multitude of reasons. We don't need to be dealing with every Tom, Joe, and Betty, being able to summon global hyperstorms for "reasons".
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Incredible Member

... I always wonder why we don't have more characters with Storm's powerset. Why can't we have like over 60 weather controllers like we do with the psychics. Probably because that would be a bad idea.
    There were actually 2 other characters who could manipulate weather:

1. Monsoon - he showed up in X-Factor and was Haven's brother.

2. Hurricane - member if the Dark Riders. I think he lost so Storm once.

Not sure about their current status.
    Last edited by raidensix; 01-24-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    There were actually 2 other characters who could manipulate weather:

1. Monsoon - he showed up in X-Factor and was Haven's brother.

2. Hurricane - member if the Dark Riders. I think he lost so Storm once.

Not sure about their current status.
    I was making a broader point, but yes I’m aware of those but they aren’t used very often. No other weather manipulator competes with Storm. Still like there are literally about 60 psychic characters , the most overused mutant power.

I was making a broader point, but yes I’m aware of those but they aren’t used very often. No other weather manipulator competes with Storm. Still like there are literally about 60 psychic characters , the most overused mutant power.
    I know this isn't to your point but tbh I find the "normal" psionic based powers far more real than characters like Storm or Magneto or Legion. It's far more believable to think that a genetic mutation could unlock the gift of telepathy or TK than to suddenly be able to control the weather or break reality itself on a whim.

As far as the overabundance of psychic characters, I put that squarely at Marvel's feet and their lack of imagination. I remember reading a post quite some time ago that made a solid point that each of the premier psys should be the pinnacle of a certain area of psy talent. For example, Jean would be second to none in terms of reading minds and memory manipulation while Emma Frost would be in a league of her own when it came to mental illusions.

Obviously this can't be the case with the current status-quo but it would have been a nice attempt to clean up the exccess or at the very least give each psy a small piece of the pie so they don't all overlap.
    Last edited by Subliminally; 01-25-2022 at 12:21 AM.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

If it took some TK power to take down Nimrod, why didn't Professor X, Magneto, and may even Exodus send themselves on this mission in the beginning?