Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I wish they had asked about how illogical Moira’s motivations are.
    Same goes to Mystique and Destiny for doing the same during Inferno.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Justice, Stitch, Skein, Hellion, Poltergeist, Link, Marvel Boy (Banks) just to name a few.
    I will grant Hellion. I have...not heard of any of these others. Or remember them. Except Poltergeist if that's supposed to be Danny Chase, who mostly used it to hit people with soda cans.

The funny thing about all that power creep during the Hickman era is that it makes mutants look rather inept, seeing how even after resetting the timeline multiple times and with the ability to respawn over and over, they still can't deal with the pink off-brand Ultron.

I don't think there's any need to Charles to have tk. His TP is already vastly overpowered. What next? Are they going to give him pyrokinesis?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    The funny thing about all that power creep during the Hickman era is that it makes mutants look rather inept, seeing how even after resetting the timeline multiple times and with the ability to respawn over and over, they still can't deal with the pink off-brand Ultron.
    A random guy just washed Krakoa and Krakoa's best in X-men infinity comic.They are REALLY inept

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I don't think there's any need to Charles to have tk. His TP is already vastly overpowered. What next? Are they going to give him pyrokinesis?
    I’m not shocked by JDW’s answer, but I think it is dumb to make Xavier a tk. Hopefully this continues to be something rare for Xavier.

Plsssss not the off brand Ultron.

I always thought he had low level telekinesis wasn’t he supposed to use it to help him walk at one point? Maybe I’m tripping but he has access to every telekinetic mutant on Krakoa, him learning another mental based ability is not crazy to me…

I don’t mind Xavier having tk at all, but the answer is really fumbled in the interview, and the answer is what bothers me here.

this is the most desperate hour, he’s giving it everything he can, he’s pouring all he has into this because it’s not something he normally does, but it also is really useful in that moment. Or it seems like it might be. It turns out not to help in the long run.
    So ... Xavier doesn’t typically use TK, but he must in this moment bc the stakes are high and it’s do or die....Exdept the tk doesn’t help in the long Run here at all.

Huh?

It’s just a contradictory answer, and to be honest, it’s really convenient for any character who’s ever shown any sort of latent power to whip it out when the plot demands. I hate to pull the sexist card but if Xavier can do this, then Female characters should be given similar treatment (e.g., Jean should be able to access Phoenix powers, or the pink form that her teen self Mastered, when the circumstances are very dire). I choose the Phoenix example because Phoenix is a well documented case of “too much power to control”... so why not allow access to it in small doses during critical moments?

I don’t even like jean with Phoenix, I’m just trying to make a point.

So yea, 0 problems here with xaviers tk in theory due to precedent, but the reasoning behind it is really poor, imo.
    Last edited by Grey; 01-19-2022 at 07:35 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    As I said in another thread: It would easy to justify if they say he lost his telekinesis when he received the wounds that left him paraplegic, or maybe due to psychic stress when he drove the Z'Nox away from Earth... And now that he has a brand new body, he has recovered his telekinetic powers.
    See, I would like some sort of answer like this way more than the answer given, which reeks of “whoops”
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I always thought he had low level telekinesis wasn’t he supposed to use it to help him walk at one point? Maybe I’m tripping but he has access to every telekinetic mutant on Krakoa, him learning another mental based ability is not crazy to me…
    TK is a different power, many hae TK and not TP

Crazy, right?
    Last edited by Writerblog; 01-19-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    TK is a different power, many hae TK and not TP

Crazy, right?
    I understand that but many ain’t the professor and he’s used it before evidently…

Well, he no longer has the same goals, no longer has the same personality, and no longer has the same history, so the idea that he no longer has the same powers fits right into that.

I refuse to believe that this is at his most desperate though, because I've seen comics where he was laying on the ground, his wheelchair crushed, and he was bleeding to death and he STILL didn't use TK powers.

This is so stupid. If Charles always had tk then he wouldn’t need a wheelchair when he could just levitate around. I’m sick of every telepath getting tk. It cheapens other characters who already had it making them look less unique. You don’t see other mutants with Lightning based powers suddenly aquire the ability to control the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    This is so stupid. If Charles always had tk then he wouldn’t need a wheelchair when he could just levitate around. I’m sick of every telepath getting tk. It cheapens other characters who already had it making them look less unique. You don’t see other mutants with Lightning based powers suddenly aquire the ability to control the weather.
    Exactamundo!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!