Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Deadpool, Moon Knight, Cloak and Dagger, Punisher, Elektra and maybe Wolverine and Luke Cage (or the Heroes for Hire for that matter) are right up his alley. I would love to see him tackle something like Dark Avengers though. I think he'd have a lot of fun with it. Bad guys posing as good guys while also backstabing each other and continuing their heinous acts. Bullseye is the perfect character for him. Hell, he could adapt the Ellis T-Bolts and then move to a DA movie. Imagine the Goblin scene on film.

Luke Cage
    The Punisher

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    As long as Disney/Marvel implement a no "N" word rule, he can direct whatever.
    The N-Word is probably not a big deal to Disney as a corporation. They've already released his most controversial movies thru their Miramax line.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

As long as Disney/Marvel implement a no "N" word rule, he can direct whatever.
    Hahaha...
    Do you even Tarrantino Brah? *cry*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grqWaRu4dFo
    Just let him make his movie and take it or leave it as is. If its a Moon Knight, movie prolly not going to be any form of that word used. However, if its a LUKE CAGE movie? If his origin gets told where he's in jail where that word is used with the frequency of punctuation that'd be awfully weird.
    What I was wondering and WAY more importantly is ... does disney 'DO" rated-R Movies, like, AT ALL?

Edit: Above post: Did NOT know Disney Owned Miramax! Mind=blown.

Invincible Member

Taratino's gone on record as saying that he probably won't direct an already existing superhero in a film. But for the sake of argument, I agree with the folks who've said the obvious stuff like Cage, Heroes for Hire, Shang Chi, Moon Knight...

What do folks think of Quentin doing like maybe Sgt Fury and the Howling Commandos or the Two Gun Kid? How about something more horror oriented like Son of Satan?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    The N-Word is probably not a big deal to Disney as a corporation. They've already released his most controversial movies thru their Miramax line.
    if its a Marvel Studio film..I would like less of it. Their superhero films are family films..for which I think Tarantino should mute his usual repartee.

If he cant do it..he isn't the right man for the job.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

How about something more horror oriented like Son of Satan?
    He has such a distinctive style in his films. I'm not sure how well it translates into horro.

..he isn't the right man for the job.
    I'm going to just agree with ExPrime here.
    Given thought... I wouldn't want to see a Marvel-verse'd Pg-13 tarrantino film.
    They have a certain thing going on with them that wouldn't fit quite the same way, a kind of quirkiness almost.
    Since ghost rider and blade have both went back to marvel studios iirc, and cage never left...
    The most possible and reasonable Quentin Tarrentino movie would likely be: Deadpool Merc with a Mouth.
    I mean there was a lot of hype generated with that CGI thing, so the desire is there and its the most
    reasonable character with the "R" rating, the Theater rights, the shady interesting characters, and the propensity to say horrible things.

It'd have to be an anti-hero...somebody who can get down and dirty and kill a lot of people without any kind of moral conflict.

As much as folks like Elektra, Moon Knight, and Shang-Chi come into play, for some reason my first instinct was Satanna. It'd be fun to see Tarantino get into the supernatural side of things while embracing his Kill Bill instincts.

It would be... bad?

I think his first two are out-of-control-good. Super cool crime movies with a really fun take on character interaction. After that the well goes a bit dry for me. And his visual sense is pretty arch. Action is not his strong suit, and most of the obvious answers want a director with a deft hand for action.

Shang-Chi? Exactly what I'm talking about. I suppose he could get Yuen Woo-Ping to come in and handle all the fight camera blocking. But I'd much rather see a Shang-Chi film starring and directed by Stephen Chow.

If I'm being honest, I could see a Heroes for Hire movie heavy on Misty and Colleen, but with a lot of Luke and Danny being fun. Like I'm saying, the action would probably disappoint, but the character interaction would also probably make up for it.

The above suggestion of Satanna is actually pretty great. I would line up to see that.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Of course this thread is assuming he would want to. I feel like he would get too carried away with the Punisher. Fury, Elektra, and Cage are a little too similar to his past material... but I think DD, Iron Fist, or Satanna would be awesome choices.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 08-30-2014 at 08:51 PM.

BANNED

Tarantino already did Elektra with "Kill Bill". I think he could do a fab Ghost Rider.

BANNED

if its a Marvel Studio film..I would like less of it. Their superhero films are family films..for which I think Tarantino should mute his usual repartee.

Just like in the real world i don't see why the Marvel movieverse cannot have some dark corners.

BANNED

Dautas of d dragon
    Cloak-n-Dagga
    Electra
    Shang-chi
    Punisher
    Luke Cage
    H4H
    Moon nyt

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    Just like in the real world i don't see why the Marvel movieverse cannot have some dark corners.
    I wouldn't mind a ' MAX' line of movies from Marvel Studios. I don't read the MAX comics, but I can't see some of the characters mentioned above reaching their full cinematic potential without going to some very dark places that certainly aren't family friendly.

BANNED

What's the N-Word?