Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    True about Titania. I don't view her as quite being in Brian's class (I don't think she's much stronger than the Thing, is she?), but it's a treat watching her do stuff like 'snuff an Iron Fist strike, leaving Danny gaping at her helplessly, then go on to manhandle Cage while complaining that this is all a big mistake, and why are they attacking her anyway?'

Suffice to say she has become a more fun character over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...I could be wrong, after checking the internets she may be at least as strong as Brian, if not stronger.

Also went back and read the Cage versus Titania thread here on CBR, where people were posting the comic book fight. It's funny watching Cage attacking Titania, her wrecking him, then saying 'Ooops...I didn't mean to hit you that hard, you okay?'
    Titania started as a Cl 85 villainess, but she later went up to Cl 100 (100 tons). She can lift 100 tons, but not over it, unless this has been changed? so she should be stronger than Capt Britain, but below Hercules and a wet Namor.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ben Grimm is disappointed that he wasn't invited.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Ben Grimm is disappointed that he wasn't invited.
    He was invited, because The Thing is on the list.

Unless the OP meant the assimilating alien monster from the John Carpenter remake of a 1951 movie.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    He was invited, because The Thing is on the list.

Unless the OP meant the assimilating alien monster from the John Carpenter remake of a 1951 movie.
    My bad. I like to watch certain horror movies in the winter time, so when the OP typed "The Thing," that is where my mind went. Plus he mostly goes by Ben Grimm now, just like Luke Cage goes by Luke Cage and not Power Man.

Anyway, I have always felt that the generic comic book term "brick" was sort of based on Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Titania started as a Cl 85 villainess, but she later went up to Cl 100 (100 tons). She can lift 100 tons, but not over it, unless this has been changed? so she should be stronger than Capt Britain, but below Hercules and a wet Namor.
    Just to be clear, despite what the old Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe says, Class 100 really does not mean 100 tons.

Classic Rogue (Class 50) and Classic Carol Danvers (also Class 50) have both lifted well in excess of 100 tons.

Ben Grimm, who is the poster boy for Class 80, used a skyscraper as a weapon. That’s tens of thousands of tons, if not hundreds of thousands of tons.

Wonder Man, who is the ‘Diet Coke’, ‘You Must Be This Tall To Ride’, absolute lowest person in the Class 100 Club, lifted a small island. That’s probably into the millions of tons.

And the stuff that Hulk, Thor etc. have done goes up from there.

Comic writers historically have been really, really bad at maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Just to be clear, despite what the old Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe says, Class 100 really does not mean 100 tons.

Classic Rogue (Class 50) and Classic Carol Danvers (also Class 50) have both lifted well in excess of 100 tons.

Ben Grimm, who is the poster boy for Class 80, used a skyscraper as a weapon. That’s tens of thousands of tons, if not hundreds of thousands of tons.

Wonder Man, who is the ‘Diet Coke’, ‘You Must Be This Tall To Ride’, absolute lowest person in the Class 100 Club, lifted a small island. That’s probably into the millions of tons.

And the stuff that Hulk, Thor etc. have done goes up from there.

Comic writers historically have been really, really bad at maths.
    Thanks, yeah, I am aware.

I am just using what the Handbook Writers use and also what another poster stated on Page 1 that Capt Britain as CL 90, etc.

The *Handbook Writers* will sometimes say someone can lift 100 tons, thus Cl 100, but not be as strong as someone like Thor, Hulk, Hercules, etc "who are CL 100 but can lift in excess of 100 tons."

Being in a higher class does make one character stronger than another. I was just trying to make that comment that Titania is way up there in strength, but is not on the same level as Hercules or a wet Namor.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Don't underestimate Thing in a good old brawl like this. Kind of up his alley, just a good royal rumble style street fight.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Don't underestimate Thing in a good old brawl like this. Kind of up his alley, just a good royal rumble style street fight.
    We aren't underestimating him. He gets his ass kicked by class 100s. Herc and Namor are solid tier class 100s. Ergo, Ben gets his ass kicked.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Tbh when I made this I thought Herc and Namor were class 90 for some reason. The more you know
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    We aren't underestimating him. He gets his ass kicked by class 100s. Herc and Namor are solid tier class 100s. Ergo, Ben gets his ass kicked.
    Grey Hulk actually beat Pineapple Thing, who was explicitly stronger than standard Thing. And Grey Hulk isn’t even the strongest guy here. So standard Thing is heavily outclassed by a number of people here. Not just Herc & Namor, but Grey Hulk, Captain Britain, Titania… Even Doc Samson is in the same sort of ballpark.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Is current Herc at his usual class 100 strength at the moment? I know writers tend to have him be depowered every now and again for story reasons so I just wanted to check if that's currently a thing.

If it's just regular old Hercules then I'd back him as well, and he's going to have fun with it. Something tells me Rockslide would also enjoy the brawl even if he's obviously not gonna win.
    His most recent appearences*, that I'm aware of, were in the recent Guardians of the Galaxy Book. I don't recall there being much in the way of Class 100 shenanigans in that book, the scenarios weren't really ones where physical strength was super relavent. He may have traded punches with the Prince of Power, who got his powers by eating the infinity stone of power, but I can't recall.

* Besides an appearence set in the past in the current Thing Mini

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Grey Hulk actually beat Pineapple Thing, who was explicitly stronger than standard Thing. And Grey Hulk isn’t even the strongest guy here. So standard Thing is heavily outclassed by a number of people here. Not just Herc & Namor, but Grey Hulk, Captain Britain, Titania… Even Doc Samson is in the same sort of ballpark.
    I don't think he actually beat him so much as waited him out till he got tired charging at him and then drowned him till he got knocked out. There will be no water source for him to make that strategy work here otherwise Namor manhandles everybody here.