Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Microsoft has bought Activision

Microsoft bought Activision, the parent company of Blizzard and King and owners of the Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Tony Hawk series, Warcraft, Diablo, Overwatch, etc.
    https://twitter.com/nibellion/status...526050818?s=21
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Microsoft continues to subscribe to the notion of taking everything so that Sony has nothing, then. In this instance if they really want the company that puts out the same **** every year and is being seriously investigated for being assholes, who are we to stop them?

What's worse is that slimy snake of Bobby Kotick will still remain as CEO while reporting Phil Spencer moving forward
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm

Join the fun of Earth-27

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    What's worse is that slimy snake of Bobby Kotick will still remain as CEO while reporting Phil Spencer moving forward
    Oh for gods sake….

All-New Member

Let's see if Microsoft will be able to bring some real change to the Esports side of Activision Blizzard

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Losing Spyro is sad for Sony. But the Call of Duty games going exclusive to Microsoft at this stage ...really not much of a blow. Just too many games coming out each year. Least now Microsoft has something different than Gears of War and Halo to pump out yearly. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Oh for gods sake….

However he probably will be gone when the ink dries. So there's hope and the management tree doesn't appear in any shape or form.
    IMG_4179.jpg

Join the fun of Earth-27

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Losing Spyro is sad for Sony. But the Call of Duty games going exclusive to Microsoft at this stage ...really not much of a blow. Just too many games coming out each year. Least now Microsoft has something different than Gears of War and Halo to pump out yearly. lol
    Microsoft never pumped out those games yearly anyway. Forza is the only series they produce with that kind of frequency and even that isn't annual.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Microsoft never pumped out those games yearly anyway. Forza is the only series they produce with that kind of frequency and even that isn't annual.
    Ok....almost yearly now. From 2013 to 2019 the company put out these games for X-Box 360 and X-Box One.

2013 - Gears of War : Judgement
    2015- Gears of War : Ultimate Edition (remaster of 1st game for X-Box One)
    2016 - Gears of War 4
    2019- Gears of War 5

They have seemed to slow down on that series as they plan the next Gears game for now.

Halo is MORE INSANE. This is the last 12 years....

2009 - Halo 3 : ODST
    2009 - Halo Wars
    2010 - Halo Reach
    2011- Halo Combat Evolved (Remake of 1st Halo Game on 10th anniversary)
    2012- Halo 4
    2014 - Halo the Master Chief Collection
    2015 - Halo 5 : Guardians
    2017- Halo Wars 2
    2021 - Halo Infinite

That is a lot of games from Halo. Ok you can see Gears wasn't ran so much but its like in a decade period X-Box was pumping out Halo games like Call of Duty.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ok....almost yearly now. From 2013 to 2019 the company put out these games for X-Box 360 and X-Box One.

2013 - Gears of War : Judgement
    2015- Gears of War : Ultimate Edition (remaster of 1st game for X-Box One)
    2016 - Gears of War 4
    2019- Gears of War 5

They have seemed to slow down on that series as they plan the next Gears game for now.

Halo is MORE INSANE. This is the last 12 years....

2009 - Halo 3 : ODST
    2009 - Halo Wars
    2010 - Halo Reach
    2011- Halo Combat Evolved (Remake of 1st Halo Game on 10th anniversary)
    2012- Halo 4
    2014 - Halo the Master Chief Collection
    2015 - Halo 5 : Guardians
    2017- Halo Wars 2
    2021 - Halo Infinite

That is a lot of games from Halo. Ok you can see Gears wasn't ran so much but its like in a decade period X-Box was pumping out Halo games like Call of Duty.
    Halo Wars is an RTS spin off made by a different team. Master chief collection are remasters of Halo 1-3 and Reach. Not quite CoD as CoD doesn't really do re-releases and have spin-off games.

As much as I usually dislike consolidation of game studios, activision was already one of if not the worse companies in the industry so I have a hard time seeing how it could really get worse. Blizzard is basically in late stage decay at this point and hasn't actually released anything worth while in years.

I feel a way about overwatch and I do enjoy CoD from time to time but not enough to switch over to the green…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    As much as I usually dislike consolidation of game studios, activision was already one of if not the worse companies in the industry so I have a hard time seeing how it could really get worse. Blizzard is basically in late stage decay at this point and hasn't actually released anything worth while in years.
    Pretty much this.

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to have bought Acti/Blizz just to take Spyro away from Sony.

I certainly don't see Mircosoft's ownership improving WoW or Overwatch.

Given what happened to Rare post-Microsoft acquisition, I will tend to agree.

Join the fun of Earth-27

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

My personal therory is Microsoft will keep buying up studios until they are really the only game in town. Then they are going to triple or quadruple the price of Gamepass, and there will be nothing to stop them.