Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Actually, I feel Crash and Spryo are dead in Microsoft's hands. Microsoft aren't being them back. My guess they will foucs on Activison's big AAA titles.
    I think they will because of game pass. Smaller games like a Crash and Spyro has a good chance of succeeding on that service. The more variety the better.

Ya, if they can make new Crashes and Spyros in a relatively shorter widow then big AAA titles I think they could find a place. Gamepass needs a steady steam of new releases on a consistent bases. One of the reasons I love it is it’s library of smaller games I would have otherwise skipped. Right now I’m playing Nobody Saves the world for example.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Bethesda games are a completely different animal than what Call of Duty is. COD is a yearly selling brand with new entries that sells on every system. Its just more play and buy on PlayStation right now.

There is gonna be a segment of people who won't follow to new consoles or computers or Gamepass etc. They will be like f--k that.

The COD machine makes oodles of cash selling crap to these folks. Microsoft would be spiting themselves comically to do this move as its millions of dollars in revenue they'd potentially lose.

COD isn't Elder Scrolls , Doom or Crash Bandicoot. Its a huge yearly franchise selling brand. It wouldn't shock anyone if that stays multi platform to keep earning money.
    Remember when I said that it will be probably two years and then Microsoft pulls the plug?

"For at least the next two years, Microsoft is committed to releasing Call of Duty on PlayStation, the people said. Neither Sony, nor Activision responded to requests for comment. Microsoft declined to comment." https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...on-playstation
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I'm sure those years is Microsoft honoring existing deals Activision has with Sony.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm sure those years is Microsoft honoring existing deals Activision has with Sony.
    Bingo. The question is how will Sony respond? People think that Sony will make a move on EA. Sony cannot let MS get their hands on the sports titles. Can you imagine losing Call Of Duty, FIFA and Madden? Or maybe a bigger player just buys Sony....like Disney?
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...uy-1235081056/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Sony is a Japanese company so I don't see them selling anything ever. They will have to be deep in the red to ever consider it.

As for a Sony response, I don't think they will. Sony and Nintendo have always been good about cultivating their own studios. Something Microsoft has always neglected to do. Sony should be thinking about what they can do to fill the CoD gap once the existing deals are over. They do have IP that could fill the void like Socom, Resistance and Killzone.

Disregard my last post. Sony is clapping back by buying Bungie, the original devs of Halo
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonschr...10539276902407

Sony is a Japanese company so I don't see them selling anything ever. They will have to be deep in the red to ever consider it.

As for a Sony response, I don't think they will. Sony and Nintendo have always been good about cultivating their own studios. Something Microsoft has always neglected to do. Sony should be thinking about what they can do to fill the CoD gap once the existing deals are over. They do have IP that could fill the void like Socom, Resistance and Killzone.
    Sony just bought BUNGIE. Begun...The console wars have. https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/son...r-3-6-billion/

Okay. They looked down a shooter. How will MS respond!?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Disregard my last post. Sony is clapping back by buying Bungie, the original devs of Halo
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonschr...10539276902407
    There was rumors Sony would either buy Ubisoft or another company to develop and own a shooter.

I really wish Sony would focus on buying Sega to lock in Persona , Catherine and Sonic as games. Imagine a good Sonic game under Sony's watch.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Also as the article above points out...

- Microsoft plans to possibly space the releases out after the deal closes in 18 months. So Microsoft is thinking here...if we have 3 releases , we can stretch it out through this generation on PS4/PS5 to get those sales at least.

- Even then no one is saying its over (not in that article, its basically no confirmed that Spencer will do that) , Sony bought Bungie...just in case. Its one of those cheap deals where Sony can have Bungie develop a new shooter ahead. Or Sony can hand Bungie one of the war shooters to revive they have right now property wise like people have begged for years for a new Resistance game.

Plans are hazier for the Call of Duty games further out, said the people familiar with the matter. Microsoft said it expects the acquisition to close sometime in the next six to 18 months, after which it will be able to decide whether to continue releasing future Call of Duty games on PlayStation. Top employees at Activision have also discussed spacing out Call of Duty releases rather than putting them out every year, Bloomberg has reported.

Eventually, Microsoft could deprive its biggest gaming rival of an integral franchise. With some previous acquisitions, Microsoft has honored existing contracts then pivoted.

Also Sony has said Destiny itself will stay cross platform as well. As an olive branch to everyone.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/...r-3-6-billion/
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 01-31-2022 at 12:49 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Also as the article above points out...

- Microsoft plans to possibly space the releases out after the deal closes in 18 months. So Microsoft is thinking here...if we have 3 releases , we can stretch it out through this generation on PS4/PS5 to get those sales at least.

- Even then no one is saying its over (not in that article, its basically no confirmed that Spencer will do that) , Sony bought Bungie...just in case. Its one of those cheap deals where Sony can have Bungie develop a new shooter ahead. Or Sony can hand Bungie one of the war shooters to revive they have right now property wise like people have begged for years for a new Resistance game.

Also Sony has said Destiny itself will stay cross platform as well. As an olive branch to everyone.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/...r-3-6-billion/
    Destiny will stay cross platform because it falls under the "previous commitment" umbrella but the new games will probably be released only on PS5 and PC thus making it cross platform but skipping X-Box.

I don't see EA ever going exclusive again but ... If they did, more of the sports game bros are on Xbox.

But I don't think it is so lopsided that EA would saddle up with one over there other.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Destiny will stay cross platform because it falls under the "previous commitment" umbrella but the new games will probably be released only on PS5 and PC thus making it cross platform but skipping X-Box.
    According to Bungie all their future games will be multiplatform. They will continue being an independent developer and publisher while under Sony.

According to Bungie all their future games will be multiplatform. They will continue being an independent developer and publisher while under Sony.
    Taken from their site.

Q. Bungie has future games in development, will they now become PlayStation exclusives? ​
    No. We want the worlds we are creating to extend to anywhere people play games. We will continue to be self-published, creatively independent, and we will continue to drive one, unified Bungie community. ​

This is double speak at its finest. "We want the worlds they are creating to extend to anywhere people pay games" just because they want something to happen doesn't mean it's going to happen. Sony doesn't just drop three billion dollars for nothing. Notice that the only time X-Box is mentioned by name is when it comes to Halo. This is very similar to the things X-Box said when it bought Bethesda and Activision. My hunch was right then and I think it's going to be right now. They will honor past agreements and then pull the plug on X-Box but still release games on PC so they can still have their multiplatform status.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 02-01-2022 at 01:54 AM.

Unless new X-Box sells 100+ million units (which it can being honest) that plug won't be pulled . Because again half the big money is the upgrades/cosmetics etc and Playstation users are a BIG money source. This isn't like a Doom , Elder Scrolls or normal game type situation. This is one where the user base has millions of users on a platform and future money earned from games will take a blow.

https://screenrant.com/call-duty-sal...rs-activision/

This is likely why Spencer is taking his time to think this one over. He has a steady revenue making machine on a multi-platform level. Honestly it would make no sense once the contract is over to end this deal. Your earning millions of dollars a day as is and majority is off Playstation users . I mean he can f-ck that up and do a Disney then (where they ruined ABC once in a buyout years ago) or Disney now (the buyout of Marvel Comics where they decided to be HANDS OFF and not try to run a comics company). Here Spencer can get a better deal off Sony possibly for the games coming out after contract.