Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    So no Omega Sentinel and no Moira? Color me disappointed.
    Maybe they appear later? How many issues are in this ark?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This doesn't feel like "The Big Event That Will Redefine Everything" at all, it's just a Logan-focused sequel to X-Force (as usual).
    Lol , reminds me how X of Swords was touted as the Apocalypse, well we did see Apocalypse ..but we know how that went

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This doesn't feel like "The Big Event That Will Redefine Everything" at all, it's just a Logan-focused sequel to X-Force (as usual).

You're probably right. It's just a continuation of the Mikhael storyline for X-Force, another overhyped event by Marvel just to sell the miniseries.

I imagine that Mikhael is going to send a lot of villains besides Omega to try to kill Xavier in various past times with Wolverine being the savior.

I think killing Xavier will someone reset the future of the mutants but why is Mikhael so keen on resetting the future?
    Last edited by ericng; 01-20-2022 at 04:46 AM.

Bought the first issue; won't buy the rest. A resounding meh from me.

Didn't buy it, borrowed friends copy. It was fine, I guess? I'd rather have other books along.
    100% what I expected will happen, I had to check if I didn't read it somewhere before, cause I get déjà vu while reading.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    A recent interview had someone (JDW?) basically say time travel works differently now because they want time travel to actually be able to change things, since over time it became obvious it was silly to have big stories about people just traveling to another timeline to do something that won't fix their own anyway.
    They literally just had a timeline branch in Inferno, so I guess Omega Red is just off making crap timeline branches because he’s mad about his carbonadium synthesiser or whatever.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    He could have a comic that is just 100 pages of him saying bub, drinking beer, stabbing random bad guys, getting stabbed by random bad guys and it would likely sell well.

It feels like quality (positive OR negative) is not a factor with Wolverine comics sales anymore.

Makes me wonder if the same would apply to movies, cartoons and video games? But with the X-men output in other media having been lower to none over the past decade, there is not much empirical data unlike say Spiderman (it's also much more difficult to make a dedicated cartoon just for Wolverine alone since his character, powers and backstory are basicly meant for an R rating, but marvel cartoons are made for PG-13 and below).
    It definitely will not apply to the movies. Besides that Logan movie, all the Wolverine movies have been failures at the box office. They can't even crack half a billion and fizzle out quickly.

Meanwhile, over in Marvel, unknown characters like a talking raccoon and Cpt Marvel who can't even sell comics make twice the amount of money any Wolverine movie has ever made.

This idea that only Wolverine "sells" is one made up by comic shops (who are all failing anyway) with biased owners stuck in the past. Cause even when they made a perfect Wolverine movie (Logan). It still didn't sell as well as Marvel movies with unknown characters who can't even sell a solo book without being cancelled.

Also, how messed up in the head is Logan that this event is about him trying to replace Cyclops as Xavier's best little boy and as Jean's soulmate. Characters that are just amazing at everything and loved by everyone just cause are obviously the writers projecting their own insecurities. Logan is supposed to be edgy, not a Boy Scout like Scott.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 01-20-2022 at 06:22 AM.

I liked it well enough for an action comic. What I do not quite see is this "setting the new stage". Maybe solving the Colossus situation in time for the next "season". But if he can write at the level of the first issues of X-Force for the whole thing I will be happy.

Sending people's consciousness into the timestream is Rachel Summers' primary ability. There was no need for Xavier, Jean, or Cerebro.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Sending people's consciousness into the timestream is Rachel Summers' primary ability. There was no need for Xavier, Jean, or Cerebro.
    Or Cable could just bodyslide his ass back to whenever he needs to go to protect Xavier. Lots of different X-men could’ve handled this mission, to your point. But Percy chose to use Logan and Marvel chose to publish it. Honestly, you could probably pick apart any Marvel story by saying, “Why didn’t they just use so-and-so instead?”

I absolutely loved this. It's a summer blockbuster for the winter. It was exciting, intriguing, and has me hooked. Also, I love that, despite all that's happened, ultimately, Logan considers Jean and Xavier--the two people who were first to fully embrace him, show him kindness, and take a real interest in getting to know him--family.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I absolutely loved this. It's a summer blockbuster for the winter. It was exciting, intriguing, and has me hooked. Also, I love that, despite all that's happened, ultimately, Logan considers Jean and Xavier--the two people who were first to fully embrace him, show him kindness, and take a real interest in getting to know him--family.
    • Mariko Yashida
    • James MacDonald Hudson
    • Heather McNeil Hudson
    • Kurt Wagner
    • Laura Kinney
    • Katherine Anne Pryde
    • Jubilation Lee
    • Ororo Munroe
    • Christoph Nord
    • Silver Fox
    Last edited by Milici; 01-20-2022 at 07:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They literally just had a timeline branch in Inferno, so I guess Omega Red is just off making crap timeline branches because he’s mad about his carbonadium synthesiser or whatever.
    The data page is a representation of of events that would have happened before the Omega Sentinel coming back changed things.

Anyway https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/13/x-...ite-inferno-3/

JDW talks about this very situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    • Mariko Yashida
    • James MacDonald Hudson
    • Heather McNeil Hudson
    • Kurt Wagner
    • Laura Kinney
    • Katherine Anne Pryde
    • Jubilation Lee
    • Ororo Munroe
    They came after. Technically, aside from Xavier, Jean was the first person to truly take an interest in him and definitely the first to stand up to him...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."