Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Its just a long action scene. A very good action scene, but that's pretty much it. And nobody in the X office remembers how time travel works in Marvel, but that's par the course.

If you liked X-force you'll probably like this, because this is just X-force.

Edit: Sage's data page made me laugh. Its just so silly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    So this event is just X-Force with another name right?
    I really should have seen that coming. Oh well, maybe it will surprise me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its just a long action scene. A very good action scene, but that's pretty much it. And nobody in the X office remembers how time travel works in Marvel, but that's par the course.

A recent interview had someone (JDW?) basically say time travel works differently now because they want time travel to actually be able to change things, since over time it became obvious it was silly to have big stories about people just traveling to another timeline to do something that won't fix their own anyway.

Y’know, I actually haven’t liked X-Force since about the first story arc, and have been highly critical of it. So I went into this with low expectations. And, based on the preview pages, I was expecting a lot of somewhat pretentious dialogue and a boring meandering setup in this first issue. Perhaps that’s why I enjoyed so much that it hit the ground running and was just a big ass action sequence, with some stops along the way of course.

Also, I was in a good mood this morning, and my mood as much as anything can influence how much I enjoy any medium of entertainment at time of consumption I suppose. But between that and the low expectations I had going in — while actively wanting it to be good (because why wouldn’t I want anything I spend money on to be good, right?) — caused me to venture out after being immersed in the reading of it with a big smile.

There’s obviously a lot more to come, with the phalanx-y Omega Wolverine and whatnot, and still time for Percy to drop the ball of course… but so far I’m fired up. Money well spent. After reading my digital copy on the ComiXology app I went and bought a physical copy at my LCS after my mid-day workout too. Good ****.

Incredible Member

Skipped this cause Percy on X-Force has been bad.
    Reading through the summary, it sounds like a continuation of his Omega Red / Mikhail storylines, which weren't interesting to me at all. Still gonna skip it.

Glad that it is resonating with people though. It's great hearing people reading something they enjoy.

Extraordinary Member

If Logan fans enjoy it then it's done its job whatever complaints anyone else may have.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    So this event is just X-Force with another name right?
    Seems like it. Also apparently the writer felt that retroactively making Wolverine part of a proto X-men team in the First X-men mini series wasn't enough, he now has to be the single most important part of the X-men mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If Logan fans enjoy it then it's done its job whatever complaints anyone else may have.
    He could have a comic that is just 100 pages of him saying bub, drinking beer, stabbing random bad guys, getting stabbed by random bad guys and it would likely sell well.

It feels like quality (positive OR negative) is not a factor with Wolverine comics sales anymore.

Makes me wonder if the same would apply to movies, cartoons and video games? But with the X-men output in other media having been lower to none over the past decade, there is not much empirical data unlike say Spiderman (it's also much more difficult to make a dedicated cartoon just for Wolverine alone since his character, powers and backstory are basicly meant for an R rating, but marvel cartoons are made for PG-13 and below).
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-19-2022 at 04:40 PM.

BANNED

^To be honest, I would kill for several one-shots about individual characters just being themselves.

This era greatly lacks character that isn't nondescript I-am-richer-than-you snark.

An issue of Storm just saying "Goddess," getting into street-fights and pretending not to have godlike control of the weather during them, and then later using those powers to grow plants in her room sounds like fun.

A while back, Rogue and Gambit had a 10 or 12-issue series of them just doing dumb Rogue and Gambit flirt-argument stuff and it was fun.

Spectacular Member

Loved this issue, though the art specifically deserves all the praise. Omega Red is one of my favorite villains, so it's great to see him in the spotlight.

I just love how everything is interconnected in the krakoan era, like how story beats are bleeding out of X-Force on this event.
    Though I guess that does make the story more unforgiving to those that don't keep up with every other X-Book.

Looking forward to the next chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Also apparently the writer felt that retroactively making Wolverine part of a proto X-men team in the First X-men mini series wasn't enough, he now has to be the single most important part of the X-men mythos.
    Oh god, I had completely forgotten First X-Men was a thing.

Xavier's mom getting up, dual-wielding a shotgun and a baby and threatening Omega Midwife was stupid as hell. I get comics don't have to be realistic, but I imagine women don't usually have that energy after popping out two human beings from their Krakoan Gates.

The story itself is fine, I guess. The story isn't anything to write home about, the action is decent. It's just the start, so it could easily get better though. But right now it's just so eh.

The Krakoan at the end reads OMEGA.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

This was alright. I am still very over time-travel stories and I don't feel that we need Wolverine to be the origin of the X-Men, but it wasn't the worst comic ever or anything.

This doesn't feel like "The Big Event That Will Redefine Everything" at all, it's just a Logan-focused sequel to X-Force (as usual).

So no Omega Sentinel and no Moira? Color me disappointed.

Astonishing Member

Well this is the opportunity for Marvel to reveal how Mikhail did this with OR.It is possible that he did it the same way (perhaps using another mutant) that they made Logan travel mentally in the DoFP movie ,but I think it may be more complicated. Maybe Krakoans noticed something through Destiny and devised their own way that is different to send Logan back. Maybe by the end of the whole thing Dominions are involved