Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    they should just cast the same actress. Simone Missick is amazing, I love her
    I know! She was fantastic as Misty.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I like the two titles approach, but Sam’s book sounds way more interesting. I don’t get what Steve’s mission is supposed to be.

When was the last time Steve's book wasn't introspective? Sometime in the 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I like the two titles approach, but Sam’s book sounds way more interesting. I don’t get what Steve’s mission is supposed to be.
    Some people think Steve's book will be about him trying to find his place in America but I don't think it's about Steve finding his place but more about Steve looking at America and how he can help inspire, unite and finding the good in people in a divided country.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    When was the last time Steve's book wasn't introspective? Sometime in the 90s?
    Waid's original run?

I don't think Brubaker was that introspective. Bucky's tenure, maybe, but he had plenty of reason to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Some people think Steve's book will be about him trying to find his place in America but I don't think it's about Steve finding his place but more about Steve looking at America and how he can help inspire, unite and finding the good in people in a divided country.
    That sounds better than the way they actually describe it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Tf are these writers….? Marvel and there mediocrity smh. At least i still have brubaker, remender and spencer’s run.
    Marvel editorial doesn't seem to appreciate the fact that Iron Man and Captain America are practically franchises of their own thanks to the movies and continuously treats these two properties like they are c and d-tier and refuse to put their top talent on these books which is particularly egregious for Cap since they had that hiatus to get a top writer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The point is when Marvel and DC have tried ANYTHING with guys like Falcon-here comes the greatest gymnastic routines known to MAN to not support them.

We have seen it with Falcon, Iceman, Storm, Jean Gray, Black Bolt, Solo, Ironheart, America, Vison, Scarlett Witch, Sue Storm and so on.

Yeah Sam's run as Cap lasted longer because all folks (mainly Store owners) saw was CAPTAIN AMERICA on the cover. Story be danged. It's Captain America.

Yes you bought the book and didn't like it. At LEAST you tried the book. The main folks who holla why can't Sam be Falcon are the ones who had ZERO interest in buying any book with him and wanted ONLY Steve to be CA.

Including those who NEVER supported Steve Rodgers. They just want Marvel to be how they grew up looking at.
    Just one person's opinion...but not every character can support an ongoing series. Most characters (X-Men or Avengers) work best in a team setting and if you try to spin them out into an ongoing it just doesn't work out for whatever reason.

And even if they get the go ahead for an ongoing...I don't think writers have a long term plan for an ongoing. If they want to do an ongoing I think that the writer needs to start with a 4-5 year outline, and then flesh out that outline with some more detail, and then get the go ahead for the series.

If the aren't going to do that then go with one shots or limited series spotlighting a character that may be spun out of an ongoing or who has not really been given much attention for a few years. Other than that is do bring back an anthology series like Marvel Spotlight that does the same thing...and keep characters who have ongoings or are regulars in team books away from the anthology series.

Another thing I think hurts is multiple titles with the same characters. There have been up to 4 (or 5?) Spider-Man ongoing series at the same time....would people have bought other books like a limited series or an anthology series if they were not trying to keep up with 4 Spidey titles? Or 2 Wolverine titles and the Wolverine Limited Series running at the same time.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-19-2022 at 05:01 PM.

Definitely going to get Sam's book as it seems to be the most interesting of the 2.

Spectacular Member

"While Sam is the public-facing Captain America, Steve will be spending more time in civilian clothes. But don't worry: He's still very much Captain America. Plus, he'll still have Bucky around to help him figure things out."

Yes please... don't sideline Bucky or underutilize him like Coates did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sales. Immediately after Captain America: Sam Wilson ended in Secret Empire, they relaunched the book as Falcon. It flopped. Sam needs the Captain America brand.

Incidentally, I see Sam will be reunited with Joaquin Torres, his sidekick Falcon. One thing mentioned in the last Falcon book was Joaquin needing a new name because Sam was using that name again. He never did take one and ended up joining the Champions as Falcon.
    Crap. It's stupid MCU synergy and we all know that there is never a spill over with new audiences suddenly flocking to read comics. Plus we explored what it meant for Sam to be Cap a few years ago. Why go over old ground again?

And this is just setting the Sam book up for failure. There is no way it outsells Steve's book and, if given the choice between one book or the other, Cap fans will buy Steve's title. You can bet people will look at sales and immediately compare the two (unfairly I might add).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The point is when Marvel and DC have tried ANYTHING with guys like Falcon-here comes the greatest gymnastic routines known to MAN to not support them.

We have seen it with Falcon, Iceman, Storm, Jean Gray, Black Bolt, Solo, Ironheart, America, Vison, Scarlett Witch, Sue Storm and so on.

Yeah Sam's run as Cap lasted longer because all folks (mainly Store owners) saw was CAPTAIN AMERICA on the cover. Story be danged. It's Captain America.

Yes you bought the book and didn't like it. At LEAST you tried the book. The main folks who holla why can't Sam be Falcon are the ones who had ZERO interest in buying any book with him and wanted ONLY Steve to be CA.

Including those who NEVER supported Steve Rodgers. They just want Marvel to be how they grew up looking at.
    I bought Sam's book because I like him. But Steve is Cap for me. Sam was always his own man. He took over for Steve because he had to do so and ultimately decided that it wasn't for him.

However, Sam's last book didn't fail because he was Falcon again. It failed because it was utter ****. When Misty Knight outshines everything in a Falcon book, you know something is wrong.

Ultimate Member

I appreciated Sam's run in Captain America actually led him to question Steve's way of doing things and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJ87D View Post
    "While Sam is the public-facing Captain America, Steve will be spending more time in civilian clothes. But don't worry: He's still very much Captain America. Plus, he'll still have Bucky around to help him figure things out."

Yes please... don't sideline Bucky or underutilize him like Coates did.
    Will Steve be an artist again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Crap. It's stupid MCU synergy and we all know that there is never a spill over with new audiences suddenly flocking to read comics. Plus we explored what it meant for Sam to be Cap a few years ago. Why go over old ground again?

And this is just setting the Sam book up for failure. There is no way it outsells Steve's book and, if given the choice between one book or the other, Cap fans will buy Steve's title. You can bet people will look at sales and immediately compare the two (unfairly I might add).
    Now that you mention it...I do wonder if Cap as a whole sells healthy enough to support two books, even if they're aimed at different audiences.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I hope they still have an Sam and her as a couple
    This. So much this. Misty was my favorite part of the Sam Wilson book, so seeing her here fills me with hope. I’d love to see Sam leading a Mighty Avengers team too.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I have high hopes that we’ll see US Agent in some capacity, with his inclusion on the Brooks cover.