Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doubt that will happen again, with a SamCap trilogy on the way I expect Sam to hold the mantle permanently from now on just like Miles.
    If that's the case make Bucky Cap again too. Why not? One for each state. Take away from what makes the original unique by slapping it on every Tom, Dick and Harry over at Marvel. 50 books for Marvel right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    If that's the case make Bucky Cap again too. Why not? One for each state. Take away from what makes the original unique by slapping it on every Tom, Dick and Harry over at Marvel. 50 books for Marvel right there.
    Were I calling the shots I would do exactly that. Bucky and Sam would be Caps and Steve would be “General America” or “Commander Rogers” and running SHIELD.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Were I calling the shots I would do exactly that. Bucky and Sam would be Caps and Steve would be “General America” or “Commander Rogers” and running SHIELD.
    Bucky should be handling SHIELD. If not running it, he should be a agent of it at least. Winter Soldier: Agent Of SHIELD. But no way would Marvel allow it to happen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    You think it was conservatives rioting, looting and burning cities across the country?

Baltimore, Seattle, Minneapolis and many other cities across the country were the site of rioting, looting and arson by the radical left.
    Antifa and the BLM ‘movement’ is the radical left..

Because there already is a character by that name and he is a Navajo. Sam needs his own identity. Not constantly getting slapped with those belonging to others. Disrespectful to the character.
    American Eagle debuted in 1981 in Marvel Two-In-One.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jason...ow_(Earth-616)
    Sam debuted in 1969.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Samue...on_(Earth-616)

So, there was nothing stopping them calling Sam "American Eagle" when he was created. Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to rename him that now, but I don't think that's what was being suggested.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    American Eagle debuted in 1981 in Marvel Two-In-One.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Jason...ow_(Earth-616)
    Sam debuted in 1969.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Samue...on_(Earth-616)

So, there was nothing stopping them calling Sam "American Eagle" when he was created. Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to rename him that now, but I don't think that's what was being suggested.
    That might have worked back then if that what Sam was named all along....

But would they somehow work out that Redwing would be an Bald Eagle and jump through hoops about how Sam has one as as pet?

we know our inaction and inertia
    will be the inheritance of the next generation
    Our blunders become their burdens
    But one thing is certain:
    If we merge mercy with might,
    and might with right,
    then love becomes our legacy
    and change our children’s birthright
    So let us leave behind a country
    better than the one we were left with.

Amanda Gorman, Call Us What We Carry

I present the “radical left”. A sentiment worthy of Steve Rogers.
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Love to see Tochi Onyebuchi’s take on Sam include Bradley’s legacy. 3E531DB6-76DE-4FE9-B9C3-3F748ED61C18.jpg
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Let me amend that, Silva and Carnero …. Excellent art choices for the first three issues. Better? Good god.
    We all know that Marvel very rarely allows good artist to do actual runs on books anymore. They exist to get you in the door and then they are off to another title to do the exact same thing. Just trying to soften the blow.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Doubt that will happen again, with a SamCap trilogy on the way I expect Sam to hold the mantle permanently from now on just like Miles.
    Considering that Steve is "Cap" and Sam has been reduced to being called by his first name just like Miles I think you may be right.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    We all know that Marvel very rarely allows good artist to do actual runs on books anymore. They exist to get you in the door and then they are off to another title to do the exact same thing. Just trying to soften the blow.
    I appreciate the blow softening, still enjoying Casagrande on Widow, and enjoyed Carnero’s year long run on Captain Marvel. Acuna’s stint on BP was lovely but needed therapy after Yu’s departure from Cap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Love to see Tochi Onyebuchi’s take on Sam include Bradley’s legacy. 3E531DB6-76DE-4FE9-B9C3-3F748ED61C18.jpg
    I'm not a fan of Isaiah but I'd love to see Josiah X again. Prepreferably with Young Avenger's Patriot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'm not a fan of Isaiah but I'd love to see Josiah X again. Prepreferably with Young Avenger's Patriot.
    I like the Isaiah story as a cautionary tale of the evils that government can perpetrate...such as the Tuskegee Experiments and the FBI's COINTELPRO and all it's failures. And in his condition Isaiah is really not going to be at the forefront of anything unless you tell an 'untold tale' of his past. But agree that Josiah and Eli need to be more prominent.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Don't be so grumpy...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Don't be so grumpy...
    How is it making me grumpy? I make no apologies for preferring Peter as Spider-man, Clark as Superman and Bruce as Batman and so on. You start doubling up and the originals are no longer unique or special. That's just my preference. But you obviously can't have an opinion on these boards anymore.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-23-2022 at 01:20 AM.