Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

E0143ACA-E304-42E4-AAFF-9D86C0917E06.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so will Steve be road tripping on just a motorcycle or will he be in his van, like the Reb Brown telefilms?
    Preferably the ‘cycle!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Probably those lefties at the US Post Office, maybe Habitat for Humanity, of course the NAACP, and definitely the Red Cross. Seems fair and balanced if we’re going to pick on the proud boys et al, right?Attachment 117635
    Haha, fair and balanced just means pretending 'both sides are the same' no matter how false that is

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    If you look at my past post I praised Spencer's Falcon run. I stated when it was out that Falcon should be called Falcon but the book was very good. I bought it until Spencer turned Cap Nazi. Even after I dropped it I still told people that it was very good. Also lets be honest about his series after Spencer's run. It was god awful with a writer that is the equal.

As far as names mattering. No ****. That's the whole reason we got all the lazy hamfisted mantle swaps. Publisher were and are too lazy to do the leg work and make a character cool so customers are actually interested enough to buy books with those characters in them. Sad to say this but if any character needs another characters mantle so that book can sell then he/she isn't worth publishing.
    I don't think it's necessarily bad to have another character assume the mantle of Captain America. Falcon already has his own id, though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    If you look at my past post I praised Spencer's Falcon run. I stated when it was out that Falcon should be called Falcon but the book was very good. I bought it until Spencer turned Cap Nazi. Even after I dropped it I still told people that it was very good. Also lets be honest about his series after Spencer's run. It was god awful with a writer that is the equal.

As far as names mattering. No ****. That's the whole reason we got all the lazy hamfisted mantle swaps. Publisher were and are too lazy to do the leg work and make a character cool so customers are actually interested enough to buy books with those characters in them. Sad to say this but if any character needs another characters mantle so that book can sell then he/she isn't worth publishing.
    This has always been a gripe of mine...every character is one creative team that cares away from being a great character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    He had a big number one with a new costume after starring in a huge crossover. That’s as good a push as they could’ve given other than having Bendis or Hickman write the title. And the thing is the book was not bad. It certainly did what a lot of people claim they want, which is have Sam stand on his own and the characterization was spot on (even if I didn’t agree with some of the direction). But even from the first issue numbers the interest is just not there.
    Then what does it say about people who don't care about him unless he is draped in the red, white and blue?

And that last solo run was terrible. Sam may have been characterized well, but Misty was the true MVP.

iirc Sam did battle some left wing nutjobs in his last Cap series.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I don’t see how it’s disrespectful for him to earn the title of his partner who trained him, who he looks up to and respects. Especially when the mantle is a title that can and has been held by others. In fact making someone other than Caps closest partner who’s a seasoned and respected hero in his own right would be disrespectful.

And we’ve seen how much support Sam gets when he’s simply Falcon. It’s not disrespectful to have him take a new established identity that was built off the experience he gained as Falcon anyway.
    Because I am getting sick of this doubling up nonsense. Bad enough we have 50, 000 characters running around calling themselves Spider-man. It is lazy and takes away from what makes the original appealing in the first place.

Captain America may have been a concept dreamed up by the military in-story, but Steve made it what it was. Every other attempt with someone else is just an exploration of what it means to be Cap and why it's a title not everyone can live up to. Ultimately it always comes back to Steve being the only man for it due to who he is as a person. We just explored this with Sam 5 - 6 years ago and now they are doing it again?

And let's make no mistake. This isn't a in-story development related to character progression. It's dictated by the fact Mackie is now Cap in the MCU. That's the only reason why it's being done. Not because someone had a grand vision for it.

I just don't think it's wise having two different Caps in competing titles. It will ultimately draw comparisons between the two and, whichever one doesn't do well sale wise, that character will cop the scorn. It should be a team -up book with both as Cap. The market can't support two cap books.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-21-2022 at 06:42 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    iirc Sam did battle some left wing nutjobs in his last Cap series.
    Yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    Haha, fair and balanced just means pretending 'both sides are the same' no matter how false that is
    Well spoken, agree. Fortunately for us your skewed beliefs are unlikely to be reflected in Marvel, but perhaps your best suited in the company of Ethan Scriver. No loss

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Because I am getting sick of this doubling up nonsense. Bad enough we have 50, 000 characters running around calling themselves Spider-man. It is lazy and takes away from what makes the original appealing in the first place.

Captain America may have been a concept dreamed up by the military in-story, but Steve made it what it was. Every other attempt with someone else is just an exploration of what it means to be Cap and why it's a title not everyone can live up to. Ultimately it always comes back to Steve being the only man for it due to who he is as a person. We just explored this with Sam 5 - 6 years ago and now they are doing it again?

And let's make no mistake. This isn't a in-story development related to character progression. It's dictated by the fact Mackie is now Cap in the MCU. That's the only reason why it's being done. Not because someone had a grand vision for it.

I just don't think it's wise having two different Caps in competing titles. It will ultimately draw comparisons between the two and, whichever one doesn't do well sale wise, that character will cop the scorn. It should be a team -up book with both as Cap. The market can't support two cap books.
    Doubt that will happen again, with a SamCap trilogy on the way I expect Sam to hold the mantle permanently from now on just like Miles.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'm gonna go read the Falcon series now that I have Marvel Unlimited but on a final note these books have me very interested.

Edit: The first arc with Blackheart was awesome.
    Last edited by The Negative Zone; 01-21-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doubt that will happen again, with a SamCap trilogy on the way I expect Sam to hold the mantle permanently from now on just like Miles.
    Although maybe not published on an ongoing basis like Miles...

I remember when Thor came back, Eric Masterson became Thunderstrike. When Steve came back, John Walker became U.S. Agent. When Tony came back, Rhodey became War Machine. There was even the Ben/Peter Scarlet Spider thing. They gave the character their own identity. Now they just let the new guy keep the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    You think it was conservatives rioting, looting and burning cities across the country?

Baltimore, Seattle, Minneapolis and many other cities across the country were the site of rioting, looting and arson by the radical left.
    This is such horseshit… and needs calling out moderators.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I remember when Thor came back, Eric Masterson became Thunderstrike. When Steve came back, John Walker became U.S. Agent. When Tony came back, Rhodey became War Machine. There was even the Ben/Peter Scarlet Spider thing. They gave the character their own identity. Now they just let the new guy keep the name.
    Yes, that's my preference too.