Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I have high hopes that we’ll see US Agent in some capacity, with his inclusion on the Brooks cover.
    Brooks mentioned on Twitter he was given about 10 characters to use, and that he "kept adding villains." Assuming the core Cap characters -- Steve, Sam, Bucky, Sharon -- were some of those 10, and throwing in Misty, as well, there's still around 5 people to work with that I would consider "expected." Since this whole thing does feel like Synergy, I would assume US Agent was told to be included.

Mighty Member

I wonder we will see Hawkeye appear in this new run?

Neat, I expect Sam to be co-Cap with Steve going forward as the norm. Wonder if this means Sam is taking Steve’s spot on the Avengers as well? Sam’s book sounds more interesting to me - love they gave him his own logo and shield - but I may pick up Steve’s book just to see him and Bucky interacting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Crap. It's stupid MCU synergy and we all know that there is never a spill over with new audiences suddenly flocking to read comics. Plus we explored what it meant for Sam to be Cap a few years ago. Why go over old ground again?

And this is just setting the Sam book up for failure. There is no way it outsells Steve's book and, if given the choice between one book or the other, Cap fans will buy Steve's title. You can bet people will look at sales and immediately compare the two (unfairly I might add).
    Only way you are ever getting people to buy a Sam book is if he’s Cap. Nobody cares about the Falcon, they only care about black Captain America. Long as Sam can sell above a certain threshold he’ll be fine, and Marvel may give him the Captain Marvel treatment if just continuing to relaunch him every time his sales get low. They want stories for his tenure as MCU Cap which will probably be it’s own trilogy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Marvel editorial doesn't seem to appreciate the fact that Iron Man and Captain America are practically franchises of their own thanks to the movies and continuously treats these two properties like they are c and d-tier and refuse to put their top talent on these books which is particularly egregious for Cap since they had that hiatus to get a top writer.
    Yep and they wonder why only the “fan boys of certain characters buy the book”

I hope they leave bucky alone i’m tired of him still being a sidekick. Brubaker should’ve put the toy back in the after he was done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Neat, I expect Sam to be co-Cap with Steve going forward as the norm. Wonder if this means Sam is taking Steve’s spot on the Avengers as well? Sam’s book sounds more interesting to me - love they gave him his own logo and shield - but I may pick up Steve’s book just to see him and Bucky interacting.

Only way you are ever getting people to buy a Sam book is if he’s Cap. Nobody cares about the Falcon, they only care about black Captain America. Long as Sam can sell above a certain threshold he’ll be fine, and Marvel may give him the Captain Marvel treatment if just continuing to relaunch him every time his sales get low. They want stories for his tenure as MCU Cap which will probably be it’s own trilogy.
    And then what? Mackie won't be Cap forever. Then you'll know what will happen? They'll shove both Steve and Sam out of the way for whoever they decide to put in there. It's getting beyond silly at this point. Sam was Falcon for decades. He originated the role. It was unique to him.

And where are these supposed new fans from the films? It's a myth. No kid is going to invest in comics with the current price point and trust me, they'll be going up again soon as both Marvel and DC are trying to normalize the $5.99 price point.

The market can't sustain two cap books at once. It will work for awhile, but then they'll drop.

It really bugs me that people won't touch Sam unless he is Cap. Why? He is the same regardless of what costume he wears.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-20-2022 at 03:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    I hope they leave bucky alone i’m tired of him still being a sidekick. Brubaker should’ve put the toy back in the after he was done.
    He is like Steve. Marvel don't know what to do with him.

Nice to see Sam officially return to the mantle of Captain America. It always felt anticlimactic to me that they reverted him back to Falcon directly after his greatest trial with Secret Empire which had led to him being openly accepted as Captain America. Plus it’s nice that this time around we actually have Sam and Steve sharing the mantle for real this time with 2 Captain America ongoings without there being some sinister reason behind it all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like I would have liked the premise of Steve's better if it actually sounded like something new and relevant and not stuff that was repeated from the past 3-4 runs and doesn't really make sense for his character.

Like they should just let him be a normal Cap doing stuff in New York and not "needing to find Steve Rogers again" because he already knew who Steve Rogers was, although I guess for modern readers it might be different.
    I’m currently rereading the Winter Soldier Brubaker omnibus, and while I’m not looking for a redux by any means, it’s the vibe of the work, as well as the beautiful artwork that makes it compelling. I’m not interested in ‘woke’ Steve. I have no problem with Sam and the mantle for the films sake. I just knew that part of the delay was to keep Cap neutered, and finding a team of creators to do just that, same with making Frank Castle less controversial, and I’m understanding that Marvel isn’t the Marvel of old, so as hard as it will be, Steve is my favorite character, but this will be a pass. I’m not worried, there’ll be another volume in a year or two, it’s Marvel after all. I can bench Steve and start reading Peter Parker again for as long as Romita draws it, and I haven’t picked up that book since the original clone saga and the Byrne reboot..
    Last edited by Jely4me; 01-20-2022 at 04:54 AM.

Definitely in for thhe first will give the second a try. I was hoping Cantwell would get a cap run after united states of cap. Not enough info yet but Coates Cap run was okay at best to me so i don't know. Will try.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I have high hopes that we’ll see US Agent in some capacity, with his inclusion on the Brooks cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Brooks mentioned on Twitter he was given about 10 characters to use, and that he "kept adding villains." Assuming the core Cap characters -- Steve, Sam, Bucky, Sharon -- were some of those 10, and throwing in Misty, as well, there's still around 5 people to work with that I would consider "expected." Since this whole thing does feel like Synergy, I would assume US Agent was told to be included.
    Would love to see John...as long as he is well written and not reverted to Government A-Hole Thug. Also want to see Battlestar, D-Man and Vagabond get some love...even if just for one or two story arcs.

Just to stay positive, I really liked Sam's shield design. And, though I'm in the column of those that prefer Sam as Falcon rather then as Captain America, I've always thought Sam's Cap costume very cool.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

What is Sam's shield made of? Steel, titanium, omnium, adamantium, vibranium?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Because they wrote a crappy story involving demons and nonsense that has nothing to do with Falcon.
    I also found thge art terrible. Hard to support something like this in today's so expensive market, as much as you like the character.

Peace

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Very excited for this, I recently re-read Sam’s whole time as Cap up until the end of the recent Falcon ongoing, and have been waiting for more. What’s interesting is on Sam’s personal #1 cover, they give him the MCU design with the beard, large goggles, and MCU wings, while the other two covers featuring Sam have him wearing his regular 616 suit. New shield looks cool and I’m glad Redwing is still alive lol. Although it seems Redwing ditched the Robo-helmet tech.