Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I like the two titles approach, but Sam’s book sounds way more interesting. I don’t get what Steve’s mission is supposed to be.
    Yes, this also caught my eye. Seems that Sam will have the book with bigger stakes and scale. While Steve, once again, will try to find himself and America. I've always prefered Steve as a confident action hero.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    When was the last time Steve's book wasn't introspective? Sometime in the 90s?
    Not even then. Let's not forget that the 90's gave us Man Without a Country, which alongside the Captain Saga (late 80's) are probably my two favorite Captain America stories, and two books in which Cap questioned his role and his place in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Some people think Steve's book will be about him trying to find his place in America but I don't think it's about Steve finding his place but more about Steve looking at America and how he can help inspire, unite and finding the good in people in a divided country.
    And that is probably a big problem. As a non-American, let me tell you, it's not just America that's divided, it the whole world, notably even more so in these post-Covid days. I think the biggest problem is that people stopped talking, stopped listening to whomever had something different then what they believed to say, and, naturally, while doing so, accused the other side of doing it. So, it'll be very tricky to navigate this without stepping on toes, and offending half of your audience, no matter which way you go. Although, on a second thought, I think Marvel has long ago given up trying to please (or to not displease) its audience.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 01-20-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Would love to see John...as long as he is well written and not reverted to Government A-Hole Thug. Also want to see Battlestar, D-Man and Vagabond get some love...even if just for one or two story arcs.
    I posted this in another thread but I always thought the Steve/John relationship was a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    It's great to see Misty Knight. I wonder if they'll recast her for the MCU?
    No reason to recast when they've kept the Netflix Daredevil and Kingpin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No reason to recast when they've kept the Netflix Daredevil and Kingpin.
    I imagine CA4 would already be full of characters so Idk if she'd be connected to Sam in the MCU though

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    And then what? Mackie won't be Cap forever. Then you'll know what will happen? They'll shove both Steve and Sam out of the way for whoever they decide to put in there. It's getting beyond silly at this point. Sam was Falcon for decades. He originated the role. It was unique to him.

And where are these supposed new fans from the films? It's a myth. No kid is going to invest in comics with the current price point and trust me, they'll be going up again soon as both Marvel and DC are trying to normalize the $5.99 price point.

The market can't sustain two cap books at once. It will work for awhile, but then they'll drop.

It really bugs me that people won't touch Sam unless he is Cap. Why? He is the same regardless of what costume he wears.
    Maybe, or maybe there won’t be another Captain America after Mackie. Regardless the MCU is going to establish that Sam is Cap as much as Steve is. We’re heading to an era of “anyone can wear the mask/wield the shield” across the board for all characters. Every single character will have a legacy at some point, all the popular ones at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I posted this in another thread but I always thought the Steve/John relationship was a missed opportunity.
    More than just that...I personally would love to see Bucky and Battlestar team up. Or Falcon and Battlestar. There is a small group form Cap's book at that time that I would love to see more done with...and more interaction between. Throw in Free Spirit as well.

The real shame is that both Jacks are dead...Nomad and Jack Flag...because that would bring more to a group dynamic of a Cap's Commandos team.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-20-2022 at 08:26 AM.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: SENTINEL OF LIBERTY #1
    Written by COLLIN KELLY & JACKSON LANZING
    Art and Cover by CARMEN CARNERO
    On Sale June 2022

Speaking on the series, Kelly explained that Steve's new outlook reflects the political upheaval across the United States over the last few years. "We've seen a radical shift in our country and, especially for a lot of young people, a real fury and disappointment at what our country has started to do to itself." Nevertheless, Kelly insists that Steve's resolve and belief in what the United States can become are as firm as ever. "The core is good and worth fighting for, but both [Steve and Sam] need to wrestle with what that means in the year of our Lord 2022."
    I hope this eases alot of people's mind on what the Steve book will be about.

Civil War III Cap vs Cap you heard it here first

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Civil War III Cap vs Cap you heard it here first
    Absolutely no way. Part of the reason the last time having two Caps didn’t work is that in that time you had two Caps at each other’s throats (with Steve being an actual villain). If they do a switch again or out Sam and Steve on opposite sides they’ve learned nothing.

On Sale June 2022

I want to see Captain America fighting right wing terrorists. A team up with Steve and Sam to stop a right wing terrorist group from attacking something.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Neat, I expect Sam to be co-Cap with Steve going forward as the norm. Wonder if this means Sam is taking Steve’s spot on the Avengers as well? Sam’s book sounds more interesting to me - love they gave him his own logo and shield - but I may pick up Steve’s book just to see him and Bucky interacting.
    I think Steve is going to be the main Cap on the Avengers if only because Sam is traveling globally, being on the Avengers is Steve's thing, and Aaron doesn't seem like he's changing things up while he's still on the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe, or maybe there won’t be another Captain America after Mackie. Regardless the MCU is going to establish that Sam is Cap as much as Steve is. We’re heading to an era of “anyone can wear the mask/wield the shield” across the board for all characters. Every single character will have a legacy at some point, all the popular ones at least.
    I wonder when we'll reach peak capacity of shared mantles.
    On Sale June 2022

Steve trying to help heal the tensions in America sound better than him trying to rediscover himself and his place for the umpteenth time.
    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Absolutely no way. Part of the reason the last time having two Caps didn’t work is that in that time you had two Caps at each other’s throats (with Steve being an actual villain). If they do a switch again or out Sam and Steve on opposite sides they’ve learned nothing.
    Timeless makes it seem like Bucky assassinates Steve, so I'm wondering how that's going to play out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I want to see Captain America fighting right wing terrorists. A team up with Steve and Sam to stop a right wing terrorist group from attacking something.
    Add USAgent to that just so he can realize just how big of a jackass he's been/can be, and I'm sold.

Come to think of it, aren't the Watchdogs basically the Proud Boys?
    Last edited by phonogram12; 01-20-2022 at 04:24 PM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The Venn Diagram of people who will be screaming upset that Sam is Captain America again instead of Falcon, and people who conveniently didn't buy the Falcon series when it got relaunched at Secret Empire will be a perfect circle.
    Sams Falcon series lasted all of 8 issues and it wasn't even bad, that tells you need to know. It's all talk.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    they should just cast the same actress. Simone Missick is amazing, I love her
    I thought that I read somewhere that Ms. Missick had happily moved on to other endeavors. But maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Can they also go after left wing scumbags? I would love to see Steve, Sam and a bunch of their friends drop into a city where the left wing rioters are burning businesses and threatening the people and start busting skulls.

As an aside to that...I want to see those groups...no matter what side of the political spectrum...getting some super powers form Power Broker, Cross, Malus or whoever.