Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Funny folks forget Doom called himself Ironman to none of the toxic vigor that Riri got. Nor did anyone have an issue with Frank Castle as War Machine.
    This is not true. We complained about that stupidity nonstop. The simple fact is Dr. Victor Von Doom is too much of a narcissist to call himself anothers name and he already has a awesome name. I believe whoever green lit it should still get fired for it.

Nor did anyone have an issue with Frank Castle as War Machine.
    The fact that Frank wasn't supposed to have that armor and nobody wanted him to have it was part of the story.

Ultimate Member

Funny folks forget Doom called himself Ironman to none of the toxic vigor that Riri got. Nor did anyone have an issue with Frank Castle as War Machine.
    This is the part that drives me nuts.

Riri was never Iron Man, Doom called himself Iron Man. It didn’t start the stop the crazy guys from endlessly attacking Riri, so much so that some clowns started a petition to prevent the character from appearing in the MCU.

No one is forcing anyone to read Riri as Ironheart, all people needed do was wait for Stark to come back. I really do wonder if these people are just using comics as part of their culture wars, it’s like they don’t really care about the comics at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Riri was never Iron Man, Doom called himself Iron Man. It didn’t start the stop the crazy guys from endlessly attacking Riri, so much so that some clowns started a petition to prevent the character from appearing in the MCU.

No one is forcing anyone to read Riri as Ironheart, all people needed do was wait for Stark to come back. I really do wonder if these people are just using comics as part of their culture wars, it’s like they don’t really care about the comics at all.
    I didn't buy the Doom starring book (I did check it out). I did buy the Riri book for completion sake but, after reading the first issue, I decided it wasn't for me and just started reading the issues again once Tony came back.

And conversely, if people don't want to read about Tony, or Steve, or Peter, then no one is forcing them to read their comics either. Would I welcome new readers onboard? Absolutely. Means more people I can discuss those characters with. Yet you have some who have this inane desire to see everybody replaced and the old character put out to pasture. Door swings both ways.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-29-2022 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Some of that comes from people that don't read comics, there's a whole market for hatred.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Legacy characters have been a part of comics for 60+ years, so the argument against them is paper thin at best. Besides the status quo eventually rears its stagnant head sooner or later.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    To be honest, I own the Riri run in Iron-man. However I never bothered to read it. I was livid that Bendis spun this huge media tale that he had wanted to write Tony for ages and intended to write the greatest Iron-man story ever told. We got one story arc and then he started laying plans to replace him. Then, when Marvel forced him to bring Tony back for Legacy and #600, he tossed a fit and left to go to DC.

Thanks for the correct on my oversight, though. That was my mistake.
    Judging by what he has done at DC you can make the argument that he still works for Marvel Comics. Get it?! Because his DC work is so terrible! I still remember the giant "Bendis Is Coming!" splash pages. It was almost like DC was trying to warn them.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I have always liked Sam Wilson better as Captain America than as Falcon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Legacy characters have been a part of comics for 60+ years, so the argument against them is paper thin at best. Besides the status quo eventually rears its stagnant head sooner or later.
    And generally outside the comic market-guys like Sam are showcased as themselves.

I mean excluding Sam Wilson as CA, Winter Soldier & Falcon trade & show, the statutes *now 3 of them), MAYBE a Hot Toys version and 2 Marvel Legends figures-everything else showcases Sam as Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I didn't buy the Doom starring book (I did check it out). I did buy the Riri book for completion sake but, after reading the first issue, I decided it wasn't for me and just started reading the issues again once Tony came back.

And conversely, if people don't want to read about Tony, or Steve, or Peter, then no one is forcing them to read their comics either. Would I welcome new readers onboard? Absolutely. Means more people I can discuss those characters with. Yet you have some who have this inane desire to see everybody replaced and the old character put out to pasture. Door swings both ways.
    Except that Steve is still around getting his own solo again.

And generally outside the comic market-guys like Sam are showcased as themselves.

I mean excluding Sam Wilson as CA, Winter Soldier & Falcon trade & show, the statutes *now 3 of them), MAYBE a Hot Toys version and 2 Marvel Legends figures-everything else showcases Sam as Falcon.
    Exactly. It’s ridiculous how much people complain, especially considering Steve’s getting a solo as well, and he’s not even going to be a Hydra plant. Ffs what are you complaining about?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Incredible Member

Exactly. It’s ridiculous how much people complain, especially considering Steve’s getting a solo as well, and he’s not even going to be a Hydra plant. Ffs what are you complaining about?

Personally I never had a issue with Sam taking up the Cap mantle the first go around because generally speaking I actually enjoy replacement hero stories but this time to me feels like more of a push get people to accept/like Sam long term because it's the path of least resistance as opposed to trying with the Falcon ID and I just find that to be a bit lazy in general.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Personally I never had a issue with Sam taking up the Cap mantle the first go around because generally speaking I actually enjoy replacement hero stories but this time to me feels like more of a push get people to accept/like Sam long term because it's the path of least resistance as opposed to trying with the Falcon ID and I just find that to be a bit lazy in general.
    He had a series, was an Avenger, and a mini with WS after returning to the Falcon identity. What else was Marvel supposed to do?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Incredible Member

He had a series, was an Avenger, and a mini with WS after returning to the Falcon identity. What else was Marvel supposed to do?

Make another attempt at an ongoing just as they have with many other characters who didn't have the longest runs with their last ongoing. I mean the Falcon ongoing was what 4-5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So many people have lifted Thor's hammer that it's no longer a big deal. I'm pretty sure I saw William (Willie) Lumpkin lift it.
    Well why wouldn’t Willie be worthy?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”